jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Automaton 2xLP & RSD 10" (ARTWORK SPOILERS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:18    Reply with quote

Automaton 2xLP & RSD 10" (ARTWORK SPOILERS)
This was already posted over at the Jamiroquai - Automaton Facebook group, but I haven't seen it here yet.

Not sure if all this was supposed to out in the public domain just yet, but We Art You, who it looks like are the design studio putting together all the artwork for this album and associated singles, have put it up on their website: http://www.weartyou.com/Jamiroquai-Automaton. Some of it we've seen before, but some is definitely new.

Automaton 2xLP Front Cover:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (248599 KB) is 1000 x 666 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Automaton 2xLP Back Cover:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (113012 KB) is 1000 x 666 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Automaton 2xLP Gatefold:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (163277 KB) is 1000 x 639 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Automaton 2xLP Inner Sleeve:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (185995 KB) is 1000 x 623 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Record Store Day Automaton/Nights Out In The Jungle 10" Front Cover:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (198217 KB) is 1000 x 631 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Record Store Day Automaton/Nights Out In The Jungle 10" Back Cover:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (168265 KB) is 1000 x 631 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Record Store Day Automaton/Nights Out In The Jungle 10" Inner Sleeve:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (151002 KB) is 1000 x 666 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Automaton Remixes Covers - Digital Release:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (213992 KB) is 1000 x 666 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Cloud 9 Remixes Covers - Digital Release:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (176558 KB) is 1000 x 666 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:44    Reply with quote

Yeah, I was going to post it here but didn't know if it was ok.
The spoiler warning is apt.

Glad to see the buffalo man being more prominent, specially in the back cover of the album.

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:16    Reply with quote

Soooooo....I was able to dig up a higher resolution version off the website. So yeah, if you want lyrics, here ya go Very Happy

WARNING: only click the image below if you want to read the lyrics for
Shake It On
Automaton
Cloud 9
Superfresh
Hot Property
Something About You

Once you click on the image and it opens, right-click the opened image and choose "Open Image In New Tab" so that it goes to its original, larger size.

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (827526 KB) is 2729 x 1701 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Interesting that in the special note section, it says Pangolin was going to be the original album title!

Last edited by zeioIIDX on Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:52; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Tlum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:42    Reply with quote

zeioIIDX wrote:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (827526 KB) is 2729 x 1701 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

So it seems I was right - there are no original strings on Automaton (the track) - only the samples from Little L Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:44    Reply with quote

Also, no Paul on Cloud 9.

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:50    Reply with quote

Not like it matters but there's a slight typo for Cloud 9's credits. It says "Keyboards and ba-ss synth" lol, shouldn't be a hyphen in the word "bass".

Sorry, I love to write and proofread things so stuff like that sticks out to me! Also, I knew the beginning of Automaton was "Am I love?", I was right! So many people had me convinced it was "In our love". Just 8...more...days.

Zsoma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 14:02    Reply with quote

Tlum wrote:

So it seems I was right - there are no original strings on Automaton (the track) - only the samples from Little L Very Happy

Wow, those lyrics are.... shallow, extremely? Did someone count the "babies" yet?

funkyette

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 18:41    Reply with quote

Superfresh & Hot Property lyrics seems meh Confused . I hope something funky or something to groove to can back up these 2 songs.

I am assuming Something about you will be a ballad

I really love the special note, right on Jay & JMQ good

FunkyVibes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 03:06    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
Tlum wrote:

Wow, those lyrics are.... shallow, extremely? Did someone count the "babies" yet?

Lyrics were very strong on the first 2 albums and became progressively commercialized (ie simple) after that... it's funny because JK used to place high importance on good lyrics and Toby Smith commented that he couldn't care less about them.

Seems JK has slowly adopted that attitude by implementing incessant filler words like 'baby' and obvious rhymes.

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 19:27    Reply with quote

beware of the rise of robots Shocked
AFO=AUTOMATON

SkyHigh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 08:52    Reply with quote

The artwork is very impressive.I just pre-ordered a vinyl copy,to go along with the two (!) CD versions I also ordered,lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: