jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

NEW SINGLE: Superfresh
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

grevatious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 20:10    Reply with quote

NEW SINGLE: Superfresh
So, according to Jamiroquai's Twitter, there is an upcoming Video for a new Single, and Funkin has already confirmed that the single is "Superfresh" and is now available on the Universal Music Germany website! Check it out!!

http://www.universal-music.de/jamiroquai/videos/detail/video:439670/superfresh

I would have like it to be "Summer Girl" or "Hot Property" my favorite tracks from the album but oh well!

What do you guys think?

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 00:33    Reply with quote

To add with an update, Universal Music Germany as apparently taken the "Superfresh" Music Video off their website. I thought it was a good music video, yes, was a bit with 'repurposed JK Automaton Music Video' footage but the dancing girl in JK's Automaton hat was neat. Don't know when the Superfresh music video will be back online but I expect it will more viewable for the Jamily once it's finally uploaded onto YouTube. Still very weird they hype this music video on Twitter with a teaser video and then less than an hour later the whole full music video shows up on the Universal Music Germany website, but it still continues the pattern of the prior two Automaton Music videos making their initial online debuts.

wounded buffalo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50    Reply with quote

I haven't seen the video yet, but I'm a bit confused about what a 'single' is these days, if there isn't a physical release and the track has already been released on the album? Same thing happened with Lifeline (although at least there was a radio edit made for that).

Still hoping for that NOITJ video!

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 21:10    Reply with quote

i can't stand that song...

***STONED AGAIN***

Curry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:41    Reply with quote

I'd like to chalk it up to something being lost in translation. Either that or someone thought it would be "cute" to show it to the public before it's supposed to come out.

And, honestly, that doesn't look good professionally. A "reveal" or any debut is supposed to be a special surprise. So try your best to not ruin it.

I haven't seen the video yet, so I'm glad to wait for it.

Trolll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 15:41    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:
I'd like to chalk it up to something being lost in translation. Either that or someone thought it would be "cute" to show it to the public before it's supposed to come out.

And, honestly, that doesn't look good professionally. A "reveal" or any debut is supposed to be a special surprise. So try your best to not ruin it.

Actually, there are so many different people, companies & depts included in the loop that there will pretty much always be an unwanted leak at some point.
Some intern at Universal Germany got told "put that on our servers" without being warned it was to remain hidden until such or such a date. Some guy included in the shooting will reveal an info or post a picture without being aware it's still secret.

Of course, I agree it's a pity, but the organisations are so big nowadays, with so many stakeholders, that there'll pretty much always be a leak somewhere (in all fields : politics, news, company confidential infos, etc.).

And, except for a small bunch of fans, the breach was closed quickly, and hardly anyone actually got to see it (I missed it too!)

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 15:47    Reply with quote

What's even weirder is that Sola linked to the full video from that Universal site on his Twitter account.

grevatious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 16:36    Reply with quote

I actually decided to wait until the video is officially out. Now I'm reading negative reactions of people who already saw the video.

Well I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday!

ophone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 08:57    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:

It's the weakest on the album.

Cosmic_Tanja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:14    Reply with quote

ophone wrote:
jamirokaki wrote:

It's the weakest on the album.

I love this song! It's the second best of the album after the title track.

Curry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 09:57    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
Curry wrote:

Actually, there are so many different people, companies & depts included in the loop that there will pretty much always be an unwanted leak at some point.
Some intern at Universal Germany got told "put that on our servers" without being warned it was to remain hidden until such or such a date. Some guy included in the shooting will reveal an info or post a picture without being aware it's still secret.

Of course, I agree it's a pity, but the organisations are so big nowadays, with so many stakeholders, that there'll pretty much always be a leak somewhere (in all fields : politics, news, company confidential infos, etc.).

And, except for a small bunch of fans, the breach was closed quickly, and hardly anyone actually got to see it (I missed it too!)

Of course! That's why I said "lost in translation." Someone is bound to make a mistake in the sea of song release dates or some misconstrued email. That's why it could also be speculated that the "leak" was intentional and pulled because it was an "accident."

Cosmic_Tanja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:01    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:
Someone is bound to make a mistake in the sea of song release dates or some misconstrued email.

Sea of song releases? We've only 13 new songs since 2011!!!! Rolling Eyes

Curry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:10    Reply with quote

Cosmic_Tanja wrote:
Curry wrote:
Someone is bound to make a mistake in the sea of song release dates or some misconstrued email.

Sea of song releases? We've only 13 new songs since 2011!!!! Rolling Eyes

Jamiroquai isn't Universal's only account. They're a conglomerate handling hundreds to thousands of artists. So one person handling one artists' release date is likely to have at least 50 more on their plate, so it's not unheard of if they mistake a release date for someone else's.

Just discussing the possibility here.

Note: Just got done seeing the new video. Girl knows how to move. Good job!

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 15:29    Reply with quote

Anyway, back to the single/video. ON YOUR MARK, GET SET....TERRIBLE!!!
Complete waste of time, money and energy to a certain point. I say that because not a lot of energy was used in the idea for this video.

funkyette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 19:00    Reply with quote

Video concept is cool but I could of done a better job busting funky robotic moves and for free Razz

I only like the intro to this song, everything else...meh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: