jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Symphonized? Will it ever be released?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

deerosa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 19:33    Reply with quote

Space Clav
Space Clav for me, favorite instrumental track.

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 22:02    Reply with quote

Ok deerosa,

If we're talking non-album instrumentals released as B-side singles (like Space Clav, love that track) then mine would absolutely be Bullet then Slippin n Slidin

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 01:13    Reply with quote

Well, after seven years since RDLS, i never had on my mind that Jami would made such a flip on their track and do this great album, promotion, use of social media and etc. So right now i don't doubt that one day Symphonized will be released.

Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11    Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
There are slightly longer versions of those MTV clips that have Jay talking in them (one where he's swinging in a cane chair hanging off a tree in a garden and the other in that same studio - possibly Chillington?). In each of the clips of him talking you can just hear in the background some music playing which must have been mixed in later for the show...

Here are those clips. The second one is still cut slightly short, but you'll get the idea - reckon it's Stu's bass?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AFQyaqrhcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLC2jSyA1I

deerosa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 13:55    Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Andrew wrote:
There are slightly longer versions of those MTV clips that have Jay talking in them (one where he's swinging in a cane chair hanging off a tree in a garden and the other in that same studio - possibly Chillington?). In each of the clips of him talking you can just hear in the background some music playing which must have been mixed in later for the show...

Here are those clips. The second one is still cut slightly short, but you'll get the idea - reckon it's Stu's bass?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AFQyaqrhcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLC2jSyA1I

Andrew thanks for finding these clips. I always heard the one where he is dancing but the others sound great as well. Man would be great to get them out as it sounds like stuff from the TWM era along with Toby's keyboards.

smellbob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 20:26    Reply with quote

Thanks for resurfacing these clips.

The second song to be honest sounds like lounge elevator production music. I'm not saying it can't be a Jam song, but I don't know.

The fourth song sounds more like Jamiroquai's style, but to me it sounds like some sort of instrumental remix of Mary Jane by Rick James.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 23:33    Reply with quote

Some of those clips from that youtube link are fake.
The only real ones that we know of come straight from those MTV clips in Chillington.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 23:38    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
Regarding Shymphonized, Stu said that it was basically Canned Heat with some chords modified .

Yep. This is what he said to me back in 2011:

"canned heat" is basically the song "synchronised" with a couple of notes changed... The album would have been great!

Then, I asked if we would some day hear that full album:

ha ha... It would be GREAT... it's all up to Jay really.

(This is all from his verified Twitter account, so my guess is it was him.)

Trolll

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 08:36    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:
The second song to be honest sounds like lounge elevator production music. I'm not saying it can't be a Jam song, but I don't know.

That second song from the first clip includes the flute of "Who the funk do you think you are" from the Space Cowboy tour. That does seem to be Jami to my ears...

[Edit] Just listened again to "who the funk...", and I was wrong... Same style, but not the same melody... Wink

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 09:32    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
smellbob wrote:

That second song from the first clip includes the flute of "Who the funk do you think you are" from the Space Cowboy tour. That does seem to be Jami to my ears...

[Edit] Just listened again to "who the funk...", and I was wrong... Same style, but not the same melody... Wink

Try about 1min 57 into this one Francois:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgE0SrgUvtE

Trolll

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:38    Reply with quote

Well done Andrew ! I knew it rang a bell, just looked in the wrong direction Smile

smellbob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 20:27    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
smellbob wrote:

How foolish of me, thank you.

I forget they have many, many live and tour editions of studio songs and unreleased songs etc.

BTW, "Shoot The Moon", I'm fairly sure is a Symphonized song. I don't care what you guys say.

Because why the fuck won't they release it, and teased us with it at a Jazz Festival around the time of A Funk Odyssey?

Javis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:21    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:

Because why the fuck won't they release it, and teased us with it at a Jazz Festival around the time of A Funk Odyssey?

that's not enough reason to think that. There are a lot of songs they have only played live, some of them were as good as shoot the moon.Also, it WAS released officially on Mountreux DVD

smellbob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 02:07    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
smellbob wrote:

that's not enough reason to think that. There are a lot of songs they have only played live, some of them were as good as shoot the moon.Also, it WAS released officially on Mountreux DVD

Yeah but if you look at the set list for that, "Shoot The Moon" is the only song without a studio version.

Its' not a cover or a tribute or anything. It's an original song.

So why would they tease us with it, and not release it?

That means somebody else owns the song, and it was a Symphonized song.

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 02:44    Reply with quote

Smellbob mate, the only hole I have for your theory is stuff they did around the same time (2003) at Stork live.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1wxnes-4dw
Listen to these songs and see if they 'mite sound familiar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: