jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Summer Girl is the new single

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sharpy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 20:37    Reply with quote

Summer Girl is the new single
Summer Girl is gonna be the next single from Automaton, the video will be released tomorrow. This is great news, it's my favourite track from Automaton and a firm Jamily favourite. The band go right back to their acid jazz roots with this one. I got the news from the official twitter account here https://twitter.com/JamiroquaiHQ/status/938124117399699456

Funkalero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 20:53    Reply with quote

That means they are going to play this song in their shows more often. Laughing

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25    Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgq8G2HpiQ

Good choice for the new single and is great to see the whole band on the video again. Wish they had ended it with the arena full of people dancing!

deerosa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 16:56    Reply with quote

About time!
They showcased the band. Laughing

grevatious

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 18:50    Reply with quote

Re: About time!
deerosa wrote:
They showcased the band. Laughing

YES! that was the only thing I liked about this video. This song is way too good for that kind of music video... I guess after Automaton and Cloud 9 music videos their budget was limited.

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 19:19    Reply with quote

Besides the soundcheck rehearsal (cough, the new video) I hope there are some tasty remixes to follow. It’s just such a waste of a beautiful concept visually for a video.
ACTUALLY IN SUMMER, French Riviera, 60’s clothes/filter/editing/car and a gorgeous girl that fits the song. Sort of a cat and mouse all over town. DONE. How hard was that? Took longer to read than write.

Still better than Superfesh Laughing

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 20:08    Reply with quote

It is clear they don't have the budget like they used to. Even during the RDLS days, they had two days to film two videos (WKR and BS). There's only so much you can do and, sadly, videos are not that important nowadays.
I agree it's a waste of potential but hey, at least we are getting videos that look good, even if what happens in them isn't very innovative (Automaton is still good though!).

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 21:53    Reply with quote

Agree con todo, Dye

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 04:39    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:
It’s just such a waste of a beautiful concept visually for a video.
ACTUALLY IN SUMMER, French Riviera, 60’s clothes/filter/editing/car and a gorgeous girl that fits the song. Sort of a cat and mouse all over town. DONE. How hard was that? Took longer to read than write.

I know! I kept saying to myself, this video should have had a stylized 60s or 70s vibe to it and out doors or on the water somewhere, similar in feeling to Seven Days in Sunny June. But I guess it still makes sense for them to release the single in the winter time and show Jay dressed up all nice and warm kinda pining for the summer to be back in some form or another.

I do love that we get to see the band again a la High Times, Seven Days in Sunny June, and Alright. It hurts that we don't get to see Jay's moves as much these days or the experimental/futuristic/stylish videos that the band was known for. But hey, at least he's still rockin' a hat on his head though, right? Lol.

smellbob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 09:11    Reply with quote

To me, not only Summer Girl (which to me tied with Vitamin, are the best songs on Automaton) should have been rereleased a few months later. To fit with the title more. I guess it's going to peak and why they released it in December? I don't know.

But I agree. The video, like Superfresh, was very boring and kinda, ugh.

It had no reference to that what the song means at all.

If I had my way, this should have been a sequel to the Feels Just Like It Should video. How Jay stole the whole Napoleon Dynamite character. 70s/80s very retro, disco, funky and geeky themed. Shit, that would have been lovely. Oh fucking well. Ugh.

I do like the live show cameos and things like that, but again, I expected the promotional video, to go with the theme of the song more. Like with Automaton (as much as I don't care for the track.) It was about a android/alien man roaming about the city. With Cloud 9, you see Jay meet an ex girlfriend of his in a club. So things like that etc. To me budget, all that shit is really dismissive. It doesn't take that much to do a music video these days.

In fact, a more cheesy kitschy video to go with this song, would not have been expensive at all.

Golomeen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 21:26    Reply with quote

Guys SG video is fine and even fair enough. As Jay already said, he got made his DU, CG and SS very special and expensive videos. Here he even doesnt hide his wrinkles, heavy face and gray beard.
Coat is funny enough to contrast with song theme as well as to be accenting age and style.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: