jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

RDLS outtakes to be released as New Year's gift
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Zsoma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 18:34    Reply with quote

RDLS outtakes to be released as New Year's gift
https://www.facebook.com/JamiroquaiOfficial/videos/10156061547891118/

Jay recently hinted to release RDLS outtakes in 2018!

Super Highway?
All Mixed Up In You?
Your Window Is A Crazy Television?

Who can extend the potential list?

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 18:42    Reply with quote

So happy with the activity that the band has been doing this entire year since Automaton was announced. And it keeps going!

We might finally get that Your Window Is Crazy Television/Crazy TV song after all these years! Laughing

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 18:44    Reply with quote

Re: RDLS outtakes to be released as New Year's gift
Zsoma wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/JamiroquaiOfficial/videos/10156061547891118/

Jay recently hinted to release RDLS outtakes in 2018!

Super Highway?
All Mixed Up In You?
Your Window Is A Crazy Television?

Who can extend the potential list?

Wasn't All Mixed Up In You turned into Angeline?
But yeah, those are pretty much the ones we knew about.

Zsoma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 19:06    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:

Ahh, completely forgot that, it can very well be..!

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 20:14    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
Dye wrote:

Ahh, completely forgot that, it can very well be..!

You would correct "All Mixed Up In You" turned into "Angeline". As for a list of 'potential' leftover material we could see of this New Year's Gift download, is as follows,:

- "Gettin' Down"
- "Your Window Is A Crazy Television"
- "All Good In The Hood" (Extended Version; With Full Band)
- "SuperHighway"

The reason I add the 'extended AGITH' to the list is that the version we heard way back with Derrick doing a drumming demonstration too was an 'edit', we haven't heard the 'full extended band version' of this yet. Whatever is released will be very interesting for the Jamily! EXCITING TIMES!

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 20:17    Reply with quote

I might be misremembering this, but I believe Derrick said the outro from She's a Fast Persuader was part of another song.

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 21:25    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
I might be misremembering this, but I believe Derrick said the outro from She's a Fast Persuader was part of another song.

Maybe 'Gettin' Down'? I clearly remember that song being used in another track of that era....or I could be misremembering too Rolling Eyes

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 22:42    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
So happy with the activity that the band has been doing this entire year since Automaton was announced. And it keeps going!

We might finally get that Your Window Is Crazy Television/Crazy TV song after all these years! Laughing

I second every word of yours! It's a new era for the band.

Maybe is time for them to do a Bandcamp to put those new tracks, and maybe do like Red Hot Chilli Peppers and put audio recordings of the gigs too.

John Doggett

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 00:17    Reply with quote

Happy new year to all !

Thank you very much Jay for this gift !
2018 starts very well !

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 00:22    Reply with quote

Jam Vibe wrote:
Dye wrote:

I second every word of yours! It's a new era for the band.

Maybe is time for them to do a Bandcamp to put those new tracks, and maybe do like Red Hot Chilli Peppers and put audio recordings of the gigs too.

That would only really be an option if back in 2008-2009, after weighing all their record label propositions and they decided to go COMPLETELY 'independent'. Granted they would have to negotiate a 'digital/physical distribution deal' with one of the big labels to facilitate future releases from being produced/manufactured/sold, but still use the Bandcamp site as their base of operations of promoting/interacting/selling their new material.

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 01:15    Reply with quote

JamiroFan2000 wrote:

That would only really be an option if back in 2008-2009, after weighing all their record label propositions and they decided to go COMPLETELY 'independent'. Granted they would have to negotiate a 'digital/physical distribution deal' with one of the big labels to facilitate future releases from being produced/manufactured/sold, but still use the Bandcamp site as their base of operations of promoting/interacting/selling their new material.

I mean to use the Bandcamp only for the free stuff, just like they've used Soundcloud for Smile. A lot of bands are doing this, since they hold the rights to distribute songs that were not signed to the label(like Smile) and their live material.

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:42    Reply with quote

Let's hope these actually get released, I'm still sad that Zender didn't release much of anything in the way of unreleased stuff on his site like he hyped up last year. Don't get me wrong, demos of old songs are cool but I thought he'd release some cutting room floor material of tracks we never knew about. I'm excited to hear this RDLS-era stuff though, quite a surprise indeed.

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 20:53    Reply with quote

Jam Vibe wrote:
JamiroFan2000 wrote:

I mean to use the Bandcamp only for the free stuff, just like they've used Soundcloud for Smile. A lot of bands are doing this, since they hold the rights to distribute songs that were not signed to the label(like Smile) and their live material.

Oh in that case yeah, totally, I mean they did just revamp their Soundcloud (only for premium user access mind you) by adding the entire back album catalogue of music to listen to on their platform. Smile

mr.az

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 22:06    Reply with quote

I wish they put alot of unreleased songs, like the old b-sides they put
AFO=AUTOMATON

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 08:06    Reply with quote

UPDATES!!

With 2 out of 3 Make-up Automaton Tourdates in the books recently from Munich/Zurich in 2018, we got a couple new update tidbits concerning these upcoming leftover material giveaways:

- At the Munich Gig, JK said it will be a 'couple' tracks being released, once he returns home from tonight's Zurich gig, BOTH from the 'Rock Dust Light Star' & 'Automaton' album eras of the band. At tonight's gig, JK said to the live crowd that 1 of the tracks to be given away will be the 'extended version' of the Automaton track "Nights Out In The Jungle", previously alluded to in a 2017 Italian Interview while promoting Automaton.

If anymore info comes out, I'll certainly post it here and the usual places, big thanks to fellow fans Cyril/Pablo for providing this info/video recordings of info! Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: