jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

>>> Pictures in your signatures
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 20:41    Reply with quote

>>> Pictures in your signatures
Hello Jamirotalkers!

I noticed your great banners/pictures in some of your signatures.
Very nice idea!
A lot of creative guys we have here in this community! good

So, I take the opportunity to give you some rules concerning images/pics in messages and signatures, because I often see too huge images.

Don't get me wrong, I like photos and artwork from all of you, but when the size is too big, the layout of the messageboard will be destroyed and it will be hard to read the messages, because you will have to scroll every line from the left to the right site. That's kinda annoying, if you understand what I mean! 2biting

Please help me that the forum doesn't get distorted and keep the size of the images small.

An acceptable size for banners in your signatures is:

500 x 100 pixles (maximum!!)

(Have a look at my banner... it is 481 x 96 px)

Other pics in your messages should not be bigger than 500 pix wide, ok?

Thanks for listening!

Keep up the good work everybody!! clapping

Mouse

Last edited by CosmicMouse on Thu Sep 02, 2004 09:20; edited 1 time in total

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 21:09    Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up...
buffaloman_R Hello, :bm_r:

Wink Thanks for the banner precautions, Mouse, smart move Wink! I agree, ever since these personalized banners started popping up on everyone's posts, I have been amazed by their individual creativity on them Shocked . I hope everyone develops their own Jamiroquai fan banners Very Happy, just as long they are in your parameters Mouse Wink. Keep the banners coming, thanks again for the heads-up, and yes, we all haven't forgotten those classic bubbles of yours, Mouse Smile (I didn't mean what most people automatically think Sad!). Peace and take care!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
P.S. LOVES MOUSE'S BANNER!!!! Razz Very Happy Razz

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:11    Reply with quote

Re: Thanks for the heads up...
JamiroFan2000 wrote:
...and yes, we all haven't forgotten those classic bubbles of yours, Mouse Smile (I didn't mean what most people automatically think Sad!).

scream ... man, I think I am too naive... Has this sentence really so obviously a double-meaning ??? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I just meant what I said... the SOAP bubbles, what else??? Rolling Eyes

2scratchchin ... how embarrassing that I asked this Jay when I met him. 2banghead

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 18:12    Reply with quote

Ha Ha Ha!!!

( Shocked Looks at Mouse's new picture avator and thinks, as a Queer Eye guy Shocked , "Hmmm, how lovely, that hairdo is really very chic, a little Liz Hurley meets Anouska Hemple, wish my hair folicles were so well trained, you go girl!" *snaps fingers*)

buffaloman_R Hello again, :bm_r:

Ha Ha Ha, well, you know in some sick minds or alternate ways of obscene thinking, yeah, that sentence could be misconstrued as a "double meaning". But that isn't your fault at all, Mouse, partially mine you could say, for bringing it up, as one of my usually miscalculated jokes Confused . But, you know, no harm done, I'm sure JK knew what you meant, but it might of taken him a while to completely survery the audience and see those bubbles, but that's just my take on it, with no basis since I only saw a few of your show pics. Thanks for listening and love your new hairdo horror & love your new banner, makes me want to sometimes want not to skip passing over the "Flash" animation of the bubbles at the doormat of JamiroTalk.net Wink! Peace Mouse, I hope Mika is doing great good !

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Funkie Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 18:18    Reply with quote

Great...so now I can make a new banner cos mine is 500+ pixels... Its always been like that, and actually I dont think it has annoyed anyone before...isnt the size of the board wider than 650 anyway? Well...I'll make a new one, but *grrr* Confused

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 20:03    Reply with quote

anxious ... okay, okay ... It is my intention to uphold the readability of the
forum.
You say 650, I say 500 ... let's meet in the middle and agree on 580 pixels as max width. This is the exact width that won't explode the forums layout. I just had a look on the layout of the forum. (Remember that there are people who have a small monitor. Scrolling can really be annoying when it is too much!! Wink )

Btw, Funkie Junkie, I think your "banner" is really nice and has never been annoying at all! It is a nice one because it is not so obstrusive... hope you understand what I mean.

In my opinion a signatur shouldn't be too big and "eye-popping". I think it disturbs the reading in longer discussions.

If you want to show your creativity and artworks, then be a little bit patient, because I am planning to give you the possibility to upload pics/artworks ect. in a gallery soon.

Oh, btw, you can decide with every posting, if you want to attach the signatur or not. Think of this, when you're just going to post one sentence-messages or a smily or sth like that.

2scratchchin When I think about it, I feel that even my bubble-banner is too big. When I have a minute, I will change it a bit...

Hey, I hope nobody is angry because of some little rules... When you are not satisfied, discuss with me. It's not that I want to decide everything alone! blink

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 21:07    Reply with quote

so, it's done... my banner has now a size of 580 x 60 px, which is a good size, I think. On the right side there is still a little space left, but that's just because Jamirofan's image is still too wide and stretches the board a bit. ( angry tongue Wink )

You can also see it at the jamirotalk.net banner at the top of the site. It has to be centered. When it is not, there must be a pic or a line that is too wide.

Jamirofan, good to know that you like my "new old" avatar. Wink It's not really a new photo of me... but I still look the same, I guess.
I just had the feeling that I could change my avatar.
Mika is fine. I will post some photos of him in the Private Area the next days. He can stand already and is about to learn walking!!!

Hugs to you all,
Meike 2grouphug

EvoV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 21:22    Reply with quote

Cool!
5bubble Ola

Oh that's is fine ,to put some rules in that!
O gosh i have made so many signtures at the moment , now i have i new one , with smoke'n'jump HIGH TIMES bandito

Because this HIGH TIMES is killing him! 5chillpill

Very nice CosmicMouse you have a very fine avatar Wink it's different , and is very similar with the colours of Forum!
The Sign is Great , very nice Job 5thumbsup

CosmicBear
Officer - not married to CosmicMouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 21:30    Reply with quote

Re: Thanks for the heads up...
CosmicMouse wrote:
scream ... man, I think I am too naive... Has this sentence really so obviously a double-meaning ??? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

good LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ROFLMAO LOL LOL LOL LOL
sorry mouse, but this made me laugh so hard... 2bouncy 2hug

okay, back to topic:

i do like banners and i do like to see the creative things people come up with but...

what i find rather disturbing is when people have a huge banner (don't really care about the wide here but the height) and post only one-line-comments in a discussion. with a couple of people having big banners it's hard to follow the discussion when it reads like

so i think, the height-restriction is more important than the wide one...

cheers
da bear

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 22:38    Reply with quote

Hello Jamirotalkers!

OK. I agree on that about making banners in a size that does not bother when we are reading posts (even though that doesnt mean I like it... it took me one hour to put all the covers together on one place!! hahah). Anyway, hopefully tomorrow my new banner will be online Wink .

(By the way, I have to say EvoV is amazing me with his banners, really great, mate! Keep the good work (and thanks for the one you made me, I will try to put it smaller Smile ).

PS: Love your new avatar, CosmicMouse. In fact, I like very much when we get to see new cool pics of all of us, I think it makes the site look renew or something. Very Happy

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 19:15    Reply with quote

I agree..
buffaloman_R Hello again, :bm_r:

Yeah, I agree with Bear, more of a height than a width problem with the banners Mouse, seems like the higher the banner, the longer the download of the screen, you know what I mean?!? In regards to Bear's comments about the typical posting style, I try to at least fill some useless information in between my pictures you know in my posts, like self-plugs for my site, recipes for homemade foot ointment JamiroFan2000 style tips, you know stuff like that Very Happy. By the way, love the new banners EvoV & Diego, that cheeba banner is so awesome EvoV, now I want one...hehe! Thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLASSIC JAMIROFAN2000 THOUGHT OF THE POST
Date of Thought: 9/24/2002

I wonder if JK gets a employee discount on drinks &
food since he was so friendly to pose for pictures with
the staff, staff looked goofy as usual amongst music
royalty!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 20:19    Reply with quote

Hello Jamirotalkers,
I must say I really love when someone shows a new banner. They show so much creativity, plus we can get closer to the 6th album cover.
I have an idea, maybe we can create a forum or something where we can put our home-made banners, and perhaps then choose the best one... I mean like a "Jamiroquai Banner Competition"... what do you think?? 2grouphug

Just an idea. Rolling Eyes

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 19:24    Reply with quote

Might be a cool premise
buffaloman_R Hello, :bm_r:

Hmm, that would be a cool new section of JamiroTalk.net Diego, Very Happy good idea Very Happy! But, as Mouse mentioned before, it might slowdown JamiroTalk discussions due to all the long loadtimes for the banners, it would have to be a separate discussion with no text dialogue. Still a good idea, I hope something comes out of it soon Wink! Thanks for listening & thanks Diego for the new banner....reaallll Coooolll!! :-)

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 23:49    Reply with quote

Yeah yeah, of course, a forum apart. Just the banners, no text (only the name of the creator of it). Anyway, Like I said, just an idea.

smellbob

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 02:38    Reply with quote

A bit offtopic but..

I like everyone's banners and everything, they're cool. But its really annoying that some people are changing theirs every other day. Just pick one! How hard is it???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: