jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

The Movies Topic! Submit your favorites and the horribles!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

FunkyLaura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:59    Reply with quote

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (133171 KB) is 480 x 710 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

I saw the movie last night...
If you love Lewis Carroll , don't go... you will compromise the respect and love for the genius!

Gotta read the book again now DAMN Tim Burton Evil or Very Mad

caroli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 18:23    Reply with quote

Tim Burton has always a slightly different way to look at things... I'm sooo looking forward to go watch it! Shocked LOL

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 01:02    Reply with quote

im very excited about this movie!! tim burton is incredible... Smile but this one is not arrived here already Sad

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

Funkiroquai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 07:09    Reply with quote

previous week I watched Shutter Island, really horrible, poor Leonardo Crying or Very sad

Lovefoolish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 21:55    Reply with quote

Anyone from Eire see the Notebook on RTE last week? That is the most romantic movie of all time. I was a wreck after watching that. Wouldn't we all love someone like Ryan Gosling to sweep us off our feet? It's a must for all the girls out there Very Happy

Funkiroquai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 17:48    Reply with quote

Lovefoolish wrote:
Anyone from Eire see the Notebook on RTE last week? That is the most romantic movie of all time. I was a wreck after watching that. Wouldn't we all love someone like Ryan Gosling to sweep us off our feet? It's a must for all the girls out there Very Happy

Yep, that movie is loveable Smile

ophone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 05:32    Reply with quote

I've just watched the in (I think) 2007 released documentary "Luxemburg, USA" on DVD.

This film is about about people whose grand-parents or great grand-parents have left Luxembourg in the late 19th century to emmigrate in the US, gathered in the Midwest to found Luxembourg American communities.

My rating: 9/10 because it's quite interesting to watch being a Luxembourger.
The funniest part was when Luxembourg American kids told that they always thought the country their ancestors came from was huge, but were quite disappointed when they looked the first time closer to a map of Europe and had difficulties to find it, because it's so tiny! Laughing
The sadest moment was at the end of the film when some of the Luxembourg American community responsibles said that the Luxembourgish traditions are slowly disappearing in the US. The kids can't identify themselves anymore really with the Grand Duchy.
But that's normal I guess, people acclimate and blend with the country they're living in. That's a good thing I think

Now after having watched that film, I really have a second North American travelling dream:
The first to revisit Canada and especially the province of Québec, even though I also liked the city of Toronto. Ah, the way Quebeckers talk is maybe the best way to talk French in the world. (With the Walloon and the Brusseler way. Wink )
The second now is to visit the US American Midwest on the traces of Luxembourgish emmigrants. My mum even told me that her dad had familly over there, so it's also my familly. Unfortunately, only very old people with Luxembourgish descent still speak Luxembourgish.
I'm already imagining myself walking into a tavern hold by Luxembourg Americans and order a Bofferding or something like that! Laughing They might not have a Bofferding, but they'll recognize immediately my nationality! Something which is not very common for a Luxembourger, mostly being confounded with Germans or Belgians or even Dutch. Wink

"Luxemburg, USA" made me sentimental and I had to share this with you guys! (Rosa is still asleep. Laughing )

But enough writing now! Wink

ophone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:11    Reply with quote

It's me again:
I watched 2 other Luxembourgish films, this time about WWII.

The first, Schacko Klak, is a fictional story about a village boy during WWII.
Although the film is almost just in Luxembourgish language, which makes it adorable, its story begins too abruptly and ends too abruptly aswell I just give it a 7,5 out of 10.

The second, Heim ins Reich, wéi Lëtzebuerg sollt preisesch ginn, is a documentary about Luxembourg and Luxembourgers under German occupation. It spans the period from 1939, the 100th anniversary of Luxembourgish independence, to 1945, the return of the Grand Duchess.
Interesting is the intervention by quite a lot of different active testimoners: Resistance members, unvoluntarily drafted men for the hated Nazi Germany, Concentration camp survivors (whether Resistance members or Jews), men who have hidden away from the Germans not to get drafted into the Wehrmacht, people who were forced to move far away in Eastern Germany or Czechoslovakia...
The really only sort of people who don't testify are Luxembourgish collaborators for the Nazis, but they are also treated in the film.
As this film is for me an absolute must see for Luxembourgers and also maybe interesting for foreigners to watch, because it's also dubbed into French, German and English I give it a rating of 10 out of 10.

ophone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 17:52    Reply with quote

And me again:

Together with Rosa I've just watched "Up" on BluRay.
Even though I prefer the film "Ratatouille", "Up" is once again a lovely film by the Pixar studios.
Characters I especially like to mention are Dug the dog and of course the old Fredericson!

My rating:
8/10

Rita

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 21:56    Reply with quote

"Up" is the best movie to watch in 3D!!

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 07:41    Reply with quote

ophone wrote:
And me again:

Together with Rosa I've just watched "Up" on BluRay.
Even though I prefer the film "Ratatouille", "Up" is once again a lovely film by the Pixar studios.
Characters I especially like to mention are Dug the dog and of course the old Fredericson!

My rating:
8/10

As a mom, I'm forced to watch these films over and over again. Very Happy But my favorite animated films are "The Incredibles" and "Wall-E", the CG work stepped up the bar in computer animation.

ophone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 07:57    Reply with quote

I haven't seen "The Incredibles" yet, but "Wall-E" is for sure a very nice, and even cute, film. Very Happy

Funkiroquai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 17:38    Reply with quote

ophone wrote:
I haven't seen "The Incredibles" yet, but "Wall-E" is for sure a very nice, and even cute, film. Very Happy

you're missing alot ophone, see it asap. I recommend you... Smile

Funkiroquai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 17:39    Reply with quote

Devil's Advocate

old but superb film to watch

ophone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:09    Reply with quote

I've just watched "Train de vie" (Train of life) together with Rosa.

Although I already saw it several times, I'm getting every time quite emotional watching it.

It's a movie in French language playing during WWII about a whole Jewish village organizing it's own deportation train to flee from the approaching Nazis.

My rating: 10/10 an absolute masterpiece, funny and serious at once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 46 of 49

Jump to: