jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Steps to the New Album (Part 3#: Album cover picks)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 22:54    Reply with quote

Steps to the New Album (Part 3#: Album cover picks)
buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Wink Hope all my friends and fellow fans are having a nice weekend, mine was going pretty good Wink! Here's Part 3 of my "Steps to the New Album" limited comic series, "The album cover pick", Wink Enjoy Wink:

Jamiroquai bandmembers Derrick McKenzie, Sola Akingbola, Rob Harris, Matt Johnson & Alex Meadows stand conversing with each other in a elevator bound for the 3rd floor of Sony HQ in London. Derrick says, "Cor, where the heck is JK, he's usually on time when it comes to the new album business." Rob remarks, "Yeah I know what you mean, maybe something just 'came up'." Sola giggles and adds, "Yeah, that seems to 'always' be his problem!" They all share a laugh, the elevator beeps the 3rd floor and they all walk out and head for the main meeting room. A photographer, standing at the door of the room says "Hello mates!" and proceeds to shake all of their hands and greets them. The photographer darts around the bandmembers and questions them, "Oi, where's Mister Kay?" Sola replies, "Oh...him, he's running late, I think we should hang out before we get to the business at hand." The photographer smiles and agrees and they all continue into the room and sit down. 10 minutes elapses and Sola & Derrick start giving looks of impatience, Rob & Matt converse with their significant others on their cellphones, and Alex & the photographer stare at the ceiling. JK bursts into the room in a light sweat and pleads, "COR! I am so sorry mates! There was a car accident on the A5!" The bandmembers nod sarcastically, and the photographer walks over to the already sat down JK. The photographer says, "OK, now that JK is here, we can go through pictures that are for your consideration for the cover of your upcoming October 6th Jamiroquai album release!" The photographer pulls out his portfolio and pulls out four large photographs for the album cover that were taken. The bandmembers, starting with JK, take turns looking at the pictures. The first picture is of JK, dressed in ROTSC era clothing, and the band posing behind him with a Rainforest background. The second picture is of JK alone, wearing a blow torch mask, holding a stick of Dynamite shaped like the Buffaloman band logo in his hand. The third picture features JK, again in ROTSC era clothing, and the band standing around a wide assortment of Buffaloman shaped fireworks, all holding lit matches. And the fourth and final picture features JK again, wearing his purple lense glasses, posing with his girlfriend in front of his car collection with a large smile on JK's face and a vacant stare on the girlfriend's face. After each of them take 2 turns of looking at each picture, JK remarks looking at the 4th picture, "Oi, I really like this one!" The bandmembers silently grumble and Sola remarks, "You and your women J, I personally think the 1st one is Tops!" Rob and Derrick nod in agreement with Sola. In a short lull, Alex remarks, "I know I'm new with the band and all, but I think the 3rd picture of us, the fireworks, and the matches is pretty cool!" Sola, Rob & Derrick glare at Alex and Rob pulls the snide remark, "Well, with that pick, you are definitely 'new'!" They all laugh and Alex slurs his lip in a angry look. The photographer says, "OK guys, which one do you want, starting with Derrick." Derrick replies, "Definitely the 1st picture!" Sola replies, "Well, the 1st one of course!" Rob replies, "Well, put in me for the 1st one too." Alex, grumbling to himself replies with, "Well...I think I'll go with the 1st too in addition, that was my second fav anyway." Sola, in a funny moment, adds, "Alex, now your a member of Jamiroquai!" They all laugh again, the photographer turns to JK and asks, "So, you with the band on this picture?" JK gives a perplexed look and says, "Well, cor, such a good selection, but I want the 4th picture for the album!" His fellow bandmember's jaws literally hit the floor. JK pleads his case with, "Oh come on mates, I mean I love showing off my cars, this would really make the album SELL...SELL...SELL!" Sola replies, "What?!? Your girlfriends?" JK sneers and says, "No..no, the cars, really increase my stock options." Sola walks up to JK and says, "Look mate, we, the band, want to distance Jamiroquai's look from 'cars', and put back on the backbone, the fans, so please pick the 1st picture, for the fans and for us!" JK winces, and thinks again hard, and says, "Bugger to them, mate, we all want the fourth picture, make it happen!" The bandmembers take a deep breath of air and start yelling at JK who slips on his IPod eyephones and listens to Enya while the photographer trys to calm them down.

Smile Hehe, I know I know, I should have a made it a happy ending and had them all agree to either the 1st or 3rd picture, but you need a little conflict to keep the narrative going Smile! See you with Part 4 in this special 5 Part limited comic series soon Wink! Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 13:59    Reply with quote

Surprised Shocked
Let's hope that that is not the way decisions are made in the band....

Nice new banner Brent!!

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 17:01    Reply with quote

Hello there,

Hehe, yes, it could have been hapier, but what if they put the first one as the cover, and then the one that Jay wanted as the back cover or even in the booklet of it!

Hehe, now Butterfly in June... I do remember how the cover of the Love Fool single was made (in fact, it still is on the official site), and I can say that some artists shows him the different covers and he mades the final choice of course. I would like to think that the band has their opinion on this!

D! (diego)

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 07:33    Reply with quote

haha I know what you mean Diego Rolling Eyes

If we think earnest about these "little" incidents - maybe this is the reason that some of the earlier members left the band. It's just my impression, but that's how I feel about it... Crying or Very sad

Supersonic1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 13:38    Reply with quote

Ah, so that's why I don't see the band in the covers.... Laughing

Seriously, I want every member in the cover this time around.
"...I feel that Jamiroquai needs to be taken to another stage now. It really does. Otherwise, I have to be honest, I can see a situation where...there is a possibility that you become lost in the annals of acid jazz history." -- Jason Kay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: