jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Who thinks J sings too much?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

todd_15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 15:46    Reply with quote

on this new album i would love to see maybe a verse or even a couple of lines sung by another member of the band. Maybe even swap places with one of the band members for a song live Wink

PietroChocko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 23:16    Reply with quote

well rob (harris) does alot of the singing so it doesnt seem impossible.

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 01:03    Reply with quote

PietroChocko wrote:
+

yeh that's true... a thing that impress me is that Stuart Zender used to sing too.... and Nick didn't sing in the Synkro and AFO tour... and new bassman seems to be the same, Sola is the other singer...

i prefer the guys singing than those crappy girl voices.... change them for a brass team..

Noe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 02:29    Reply with quote

FunkEducation wrote:
PietroChocko wrote:
+

yeh that's true... a thing that impress me is that Stuart Zender used to sing too.... and Nick didn't sing in the Synkro and AFO tour... and new bassman seems to be the same, Sola is the other singer...

i prefer the guys singing than those crappy girl voices.... change them for a brass team..

Ohhhh, stop right there!! I do agree that Jay's voice isn't the best, but calling the bv's "Crappy girl voices"? I have to remind you that one of those "crappy girl voices" is the lovely and multi-talented Beverly Night. So, I don't agree about calling them "crappy girl voices". If they weren't there, Jay, in a live concert, would sound even worst (and this is said by someone who saw Jamiroquai twice with no bv's on stage, only a recording of their voices)

Kisses to all
Noe

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 03:20    Reply with quote

what can i say??
i really don't like these girls...
i really loved when DJ D-Zire played the girl choruses in Cosmic Girl... or in Space Cowboy with the "Cheeba Cheeba" voices... not beverley knight screaming like an insane with her voice... i prefer darren playing her voice on his jockey...

Quote:
I have to remind you that one of those "crappy girl voices" is the lovely and multi-talented Beverly Night.

i'm really scared... ohh please nooooo.....

multi-talented was Miles Davis, multi-talented is Stuart Zender, multi-talented is Michael Jackson (or was), multi-talented is James Brown....
the only thing Beverley did was scream like a mad girl on stage with "uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeaaaaa what are you gonna do stop me this time baby uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa angry bigeye 2faint " hehehehe and lovely is Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt... not her...

my brother enzo does better things.... he's just 7 years old and he drove a car.... automatic of course but that is a talent... hehehe

PietroChocko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 03:30    Reply with quote

Noe wrote:
Ohhhh, stop right there!! I do agree that Jay's voice isn't the best, but calling the bv's "Crappy girl voices"? I have to remind you that one of those "crappy girl voices" is the lovely and multi-talented Beverly Night....

okay, i dont have ANY of the bootlegs, but i can safely say that beverley knight is a gracious singer, BUT the other 3 aren't the best. infact, their dancing is good enough to make you puke Embarassed

bring back DJ D-Zire. cmon cmon cmon.

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 03:37    Reply with quote

PietroChocko wrote:
Noe wrote:
Ohhhh, stop right there!! I do agree that Jay's voice isn't the best, but calling the bv's "Crappy girl voices"? I have to remind you that one of those "crappy girl voices" is the lovely and multi-talented Beverly Night....

okay, i dont have ANY of the bootlegs, but i can safely say that beverley knight is a gracious singer, BUT the other 3 aren't the best. infact, their dancing is good enough to make you puke Embarassed

bring back DJ D-Zire. cmon cmon cmon.

nah man you don't need bootlegs to check that out...
i can send you some songs with her singing... it's the same as listening DJ Dzire....
and don't know why but i'm obessesed with the TWM line-up the band had... and Darren did a great job... now those girls makes the think different...
just see them in Too young to die in the Carling Homecoming.... it sucks....

Noe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 23:48    Reply with quote

FunkEducation wrote:
what can i say??
i really loved when DJ D-Zire played the girl choruses in Cosmic Girl... or in Space Cowboy with the "Cheeba Cheeba" voices... not beverley knight screaming like an insane with her voice... i prefer darren playing her voice on his jockey...

Quote:
I have to remind you that one of those "crappy girl voices" is the lovely and multi-talented Beverly Night.

multi-talented was Miles Davis, multi-talented is Stuart Zender, multi-talented is Michael Jackson (or was), multi-talented is James Brown....
the only thing Beverley did was scream like a mad girl on stage with "uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeaaaaa what are you gonna do stop me this time baby uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa angry bigeye 2faint " hehehehe and lovely is Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt... not her...

my brother enzo does better things.... he's just 7 years old and he drove a car.... automatic of course but that is a talent... hehehe

I agree those musicians are also multi-talented. And I'd like to believe that you don't think the only thing Beverly did with Jami is to sing in Main Vein. As Gabik says in the last post, check the booklet of all Jami albums. What D-Zire played is always the bv's voices.
And talking about lovely or not, I think you are making some judgements that I really don't share. What lovely means for you? nice? blonde? 90-60-90? hmmmmm Rolling Eyes

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 00:46    Reply with quote

Noe wrote:
FunkEducation wrote:
what can i say??

Quote:

I agree those musicians are also multi-talented. And I'd like to believe that you don't think the only thing Beverly did with Jami is to sing in Main Vein. As Gabik says in the last post, check the booklet of all Jami albums. What D-Zire played is always the bv's voices.
And talking about lovely or not, I think you are making some judgements that I really don't share. What lovely means for you? nice? blonde? 90-60-90? hmmmmm Rolling Eyes

in fact, yes....
my girlfriend is lovely...
that i wanna say is that i don't like her... she's not a superstar as you're qualifying her...
i mean, i prefer DJ Dzire, he did better things...

FraGiLe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 23:17    Reply with quote

1st Jamiroquai didnt have female backgroudn singers until i think 1996/97 on their tours.

2nd : I think Jays voice just isnt so good as back in 1993, thats in my opinion one reason for the increasing effects on his voice on the newer albums. Just listen to the 2nd album, nearly no effects/delay/reverb...and yes he is a self-exaggarator Smile, but I think he needs it to be creative and driven, so let him go ahead, its good to have such a human impulse and "weakness" in that perfectly presented multimedia-music-shows that tour the stadions nowadays...

jamirotrance

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 03:06    Reply with quote

I don't think that way, Jamiroquai is a comercial band and is very adictive to JK's voice... in my life is the best voice that i'm hearing

the problem stay on your pride, he don't left another stranges sounds.

The classic Jamiroquai could die, if this situation continues

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 03:17    Reply with quote

jamirotrance wrote:
Jamiroquai is a comercial band

You could say so on the last albums, but the early Jamiroquai was waaaaaaaaaay under Wink

D!

p3rpleXdS0u1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:03    Reply with quote

Re: Who thinks J sings too much?
dannyev wrote:
J constantly ooh'ing and ahh'ing over the music when I find quite annoying.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing omg you ppl make my day

p3rpleXdS0u1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:13    Reply with quote

FunkEducation wrote:
what can i say??

Quote:

ma fuckn lafta Laughing Laughing Laughing omg this b sum cold sht and its so unexpected from you funk...

teecheedeedee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 22:21    Reply with quote

I think it's pretty silly to compare a DJ with BVs. I know this is an old thread, but don't forget that the lovely Valerie Etienne was part of the BV team as well. Galliano forever Cool .

Having said that, I would take D-Zire over the BV team any day. But they fufill different functions in the band.

Yes, I think that Jay doesn't respect the power of instrumentals enough. When 50% of fans think jamiroquai IS Jay, and go to the concerts just to see him, oldschool fans don't have any power anymore. The same band doesn't exist anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: