jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

The Jamiroquai Information- All you need to know!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Marina
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 18:57    Reply with quote

well happy birthday then! it was yesterday?? i didn't know!! 5birthday

EDDI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 20:13    Reply with quote

I need to get hold of most of the B-sides i've got some already such as slipin 'n' slidin.
I wish there was a way we could get hold of never heard before tracks the band haven't released such as the 10 tracks that didn't make it onto synkronized
EDDI Smile

EDDI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 19:54    Reply with quote

What artists did toby work for after "he left for family reasons"? I know nicks worked with Hard - fi when they toured america and martin shaw is touring i think with a french artist, he was amazing at trumpet player and simon katz has done stuff with gorrilaz didn't DJ D-Zire do some stuff with gorrilaz aswell.
EDDI Smile

super48

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 23:57    Reply with quote

EDDI wrote:
I need to get hold of most of the B-sides i've got some already such as slipin 'n' slidin.
I wish there was a way we could get hold of never heard before tracks the band haven't released such as the 10 tracks that didn't make it onto synkronized

check your pm

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 02:06    Reply with quote

Now finally we can add:

-light years directed by christian stevenson

-stillness in time directed by earle sebastian

Very Happy

D!

super48

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:18    Reply with quote

you got that off the High Times DVD?

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 16:00    Reply with quote

Yes, they are all listed in the booklet.

D!

Costa Grande

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 20:26    Reply with quote

At first I wanted to post this message on TUNE STORIES, but I liked that topic so much I want to keep it as clean as possible... So here's the original message! You're asked to answer the questions anyway! Razz

Wowowowowow! Never noticed this topic; I read it all at once and I’m enthusiast. Another GOOD JOB (BRAVO!!!) to Inaki.

Now I have some questions about Jami’s songs which could turn into interesting information.

1 scam
at the beginning of the second stanza, precisely at 2:48, Jay falters on the “so you seem you have to be…”: he stammers “s-so…”. I believe someone messed up with the patterns, or Jay himself came undone. In fact, if we count the bars starting from 2:26, we have 8 bars of drum and bass; then only 4 with the guitar. What do you think? Maybe the intro with the guitar should’ve lasted 4 more bars?

2 supersonic
has anybody understood what the voice says at the end of the video?

3 feels just like it should - beatbox
First of all, I want to say that the cut&past of Jay’s beatbox in the intro is awful.
By the way: what exactly “beatbox” is? I found a 30 second skit that contains Jay’s vocal sounds which generated FJLIS intro. Though on an Italian review of Dynamite, the journalist wrote it is a bad imitation of Justin Timberlake… apart of his opinion, giving a judgement on such a short track would be pretentious, so now I believe that there’s a “full version” of beatbox. Any opinion?

4 synkronized
about the rumours which consider Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing an instrumental version of Synkronized: on an interview to Al Stone* I read that “Supersonic”, “Planet Home” and “Synkronized” had entirely sampled sounds played in. I’m not good at distinguishing real and sampled sounds, but if you do, just analyse WIS’sC: if it’s built with sampled sounds, it makes the rumours go one step closer to the truth… If not, we have the proof that the rumour is nothing but a rumour.

5 little l – wounded buffalo mix
an year ago I heard on an important and very commercial radio [radio deejay, per gli italiani Razz] a song of the 70/80’s which had exactly the same bass loop. Inaki has already written that the bass is similar to the one of “boogie oogie oogie”... I don’t know if that was the name of the song I heard, but I can assure that it had the SAME loop, not just a similar one.
Anyway, if this song was aired after 20/30 years, I presume it is famous… So let’s find it!

* I just noticed Inaki had already posted the link to this interview a few pages ago ;-P

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 21:18    Reply with quote

glad you like the topic. this one is also full of interesting stuff Wink
the questions you ask are really interesting.
i always noticed the s-s of jay in scam, but i never thought of it like any mess up, i simply don't know and it sound great to me Very Happy

at the end of supersonic video it seems it says:
"man this shit is trippy" but i'm not sure because it seems the last word is separated from the rest (man this shit is, trippy) and that don't haves so much meaning.

it's true that the cut of FJLIS intro sounds so bad. the track beatbox is just that. jay making beatboxing with his voice and a syntetiser, is taken from the AFO uk promo album. that could be called the "complete version" as it includes more of this jay's fooling around...

i think wolf in sheeps clothing haves real percussion and drums...but you never know, maybe all the inttruments are syntetised....we should ask derrcik or sola about.
Wink

little l wounded buffalo mix haves actually the bass "idea" taken from the song boogie oogie oggie, is written in the credits of the songs if you see the single.

Wink

***STONED AGAIN***

Costa Grande

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 14:59    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
glad you like the topic. this one is also full of interesting stuff Wink

Very Happy , this looks like a compliment suited to the occasion, but you're right, I've just read the entire topic (2 mega posts of information and a river of "thank you"s I have to follow: amazing job, Dyego!) and it as excellent as yours.
Thoudh I had to pollute one of these topics for my questions, so forgive me! Razz

Quote:
little l wounded buffalo mix haves actually the bass "idea" taken from the song boogie oogie oggie, is written in the credits of the songs if you see the single.
Wink

Ok, so this must be the song I heard.
Thank you a lot for your answers jamirokaki![/b]

Ali.Shep2k7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 16:07    Reply with quote

Hey mate, that is really cool how you found out all that stuff on jay kay Exclamation Exclamation

Ali (Ali.Shep2k7) Exclamation Exclamation
AFO hat

Knjaz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:26    Reply with quote

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the untitled "intro" to EOPE from Amsterdam '94 is actually a cover of the song "Funk you Up" by The Sequence, an all-female rap group. Sorry if it's been mentioned already.

EDIT: J also incorporated lyrics from the beginning of the uncut version of Grandmaster Flash's "Freedom" into the band's cover of "Rapper's Delight".

__Janluka__

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 17:15    Reply with quote

i've just read this in the TROTSC booklet:

"..now hunger turns to ager in our eyes, i say the revolution will be televised, yes it will, Gil.."
(the kids)

..GIL??.. but.. it's not present in the lyrics..

thanks to LuV

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 17:38    Reply with quote

Quote:
i've just read this in the TROTSC booklet:

"..now hunger turns to ager in our eyes, i say the revolution will be televised, yes it will, Gil.."
(the kids)

..GIL??.. but.. it's not present in the lyrics..

Gil Scott Heron, 'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised'

D!

__Janluka__

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 17:40    Reply with quote

..sure, but.. who knows why Jay doesn't sing that..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: