jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Frankfurt 5 Oktober
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 18:44    Reply with quote

monisum wrote:
There is a short stair on stage, two or three steps and on the sides of it there is a metal plate. He ist running from the side to get speed, running up on the metal plate beside the stairs and jump into the air Wink Laughing

this really fascinates me....it looks so so so cool when he jumps...
thanks for explanation..i didn´t know that

monisum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 20:58    Reply with quote

Here is a fantastic and funny German review about the gig in Frankfurt.
I made an English translation Wink :

Funk mit Retro-Charme
Jason Kay und Jamiroquai auf "Dynamite"-Tournee

Vom 07.10.2005

Von
Peter Müller

FRANKFURT Dramatisches Licht, äußerst athletischer, noch vom Band gespeister Bass-Beat, dankenswerterweise keine Dauerberieselung mehr durch die Werbespots des Tour-Sponsors und endlich, nach einer Stunde Beine-in-den-Bauch-Stehen, der Einzug von Britanniens glorreichstem Funk-Magier. Jason Kay ist zurück, und in der ausverkauften Höchster Jahrhunderthalle bricht sofort ein brachialer Jubel aus. Die Fan-Gemeinde, inzwischen wohl ans Warten gewöhnt, dankt es ihm mit kollektiver Begeisterung schon vor dem ersten Song.

Ganze vier Jahre Pause, immerhin sportiv verkürzt durch bunte Schlagzeilen um schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen oder bewusstseinserweiternde Pülverchen, hatte der Jamiroquai-Frontman seinen Jüngern, vor allem aber sich selbst verordnet - im Pop-Business eine kleine Ewigkeit. Nach Entzug ("Ich bin eben jetzt dazu verdammt, allen Kollegen um mich herum beim Koksen zuzuschauen"), Psychotherapie und Fitnesstraining turnt der hyperaktive Derwisch aber nun wieder über die Rampe, als gäbe es kein Morgen.

Im Gefolge: eine ebenso großartige wie witzige Band, die sich nach gewohntem Muster so unaufdringlich wie möglich aufgebaut hat. Schlagzeug, Perkussion, Gitarre, Bass, viel Keyboard und drei Soul-Sisters, die schön repräsentativ in die Konfektionsgrößen S bis XL passen. Im Gepäck: sein neuestes Album "Dynamite" und, natürlich, der obligatorische, wie immer putzige Kopfschmuck - mal wieder ein exzentrisches Irgendwas, zwischen Majakönig und Freiheitsstatue. Unter diesen metallenen Federn allerdings sitzt immer noch einer der kreativsten Köpfe der Szene. Wie kein anderer hat der Jamiroquai-Impersonator mit der androgynen Stimme diverse Stile zu einem fantastischen, unverwechselbaren Ganzen gemixt und damit dem Acid-Jazz ein neues Kapitel geschrieben.

Vertrackte, immer komplexe Arrangements, die Soul, HipHop, R&B und Funk eintubbern - das war das innovative Rezept seines 93er Debüts "Emergency on planet earth". Und das ist es auch beim aktuellen Longplayer "Dynamite", der neben Chartbreakern wie "Love blind" oder "Starchild" mit sperrigen Tracks sogar gen Rock drängt. Stagnation auf hohem Niveau aber, von vielen Kritikern attestiert, klingt anders. Vor allem live, wenn Mister Kay zu scheinbar ins Endlose improvisierten, tatsächlich aber bis ins Detail ausgeklügelten Maxi-Versionen seiner Funk-Kracher ausholt. Jamiroquai-Gigs sind nach wie vor eine Garantie für furiose Veranstaltungen, die jedes Auditorium zum Kochen bringen.

"Dance", "Space cowboy", "Cosmic girl" - in Frankfurt braucht es gerade mal drei ewig zeitlose Groove-Klassiker, und die Halle steht Kopf. Jay Kay strolcht dazu im Trainingsanzug stets skurril-hektisch durch die opulent beleuchtete Kulisse und zelebriert ein Funk-Feuerwerk, dessen Retro-Charme nicht nur Attitüde ist: Die funky Acid-Szene aus dem Brit-Sound der Neunziger lässt immer noch grüßen, hier und da eine Anleihe bei Großfürsten der Funkiness wie Stevie Wonder oder Sly Stone ebenso. Und irgendwie hat unser Hut-Fetischist auch die Eleganz des schwarzen R&B in die Londoner Vorstadt verpflanzt, auf seine Art. Weiße Jungs können eben doch tanzen, es sieht nur etwas anders aus. Dennoch, alle Vergleiche hinken. Jamiroquai und ihr Mastermind bleiben einfach ein grandioses Unikat.

Link:
http://www.main-spitze.de/feuilleton/objekt.php3?artikel_id=2070208

Translation:

Funk with retro-charm

Jason Kay and Jamiroquai on „Dynamite tour“

From 07.10.2005

From

Peter Müller

FRANKFURT Dramatic light, extremely athletic, still from tape bass beat, thank god the endlessly promotion spots of the tour sponsor finished and finally, after one hour standing your legs into your body, the appearance of the British most glorious funk magician. Jason Kay is back and in the sold out Höchster Jahrhunderthalle (concert hall) a frenetic jubilation starts. The fans, meanwhile used to the waiting, thanked him with a collectively enthusiasm already before the first song.

A whole 4 years break the Jamiroquai front man medicated to his fans, although sportive shortened by colourful magazine headlines about fast cars, beautiful women or mind-expanding powders – in pop business this time is an eternity. After getting clean (“I am damned now to watch all my colleagues doing coke”), psychotherapy and fitness training the hyperactive devil jumps now over the stage, as if there will be no tomorrow.

Behind him a great and also funny band, which built up on stage in the known unobtrusive pattern. Drums, percussion, guitar, bass, much keyboard and three soul sisters , which fit nicely and representative into the clothing sizes S until XL. In their luggage the newest album “Dynamite” and, naturally, the obligatory , always funny head gear – again some eccentric “anything” between Maya king and liberty statue. But under this metallic feathers there is still one of the most creative heads of the scene. Like no other the Jamiroquai-man in person with the androgyny voice has mixed different styles into a fantastic, unmistakable piece and with that wrote a new chapter for the Acid-Jazz.

Difficult, always complex arrangements, that combined Soul, HipHop, R&B and Funk – that was the innovative receipt of his 93 debut “Emergency on Planet Earth”. And it is the same with the new album “Dynamite”, which leads beside chartbreakers like “Love Blind” or “Starchild” with bulky tracks also in Rock direction. But stagnation on high level, like some critics say, sounds different. Especially live, when Mr. Kay shows his on first sight endlessly improvised, but in fact up to the detail clever arranged and filed out maxi versions of his funk crackers. Jamiroquai gigs were and are still a guaranty for furious shows, that heats up every audience to cooking.

“Dance” (Canned heat), “Space Cowboy”, Cosmic Girl” – it only needs three timeless groove classics in Frankfurt and the concert hall turns upside down. Jay Kay strolls to that in sport suit always scurrile and hectic over the opulent lightened stage and celebrates a funk firework which retro-charm is not only attitude. The funky acid scene out of the Brit sound of the nineties still greets, here and there some similar tunes like Stevie Wonder or Sly Stone. And additionally our hat fetishist has transplanted the elegance of black R&B into a Londoner suburb, in his own way. White guys can also dance, it only looks a bit different. Nevertheless, all comparisons are lame. Jamiroquai and its mastermind stay always a magnificent unique example.

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 23:34    Reply with quote

very good review!......but after going to a jami concert who will not do a positive review??? i think jamiroquai must be the band with better live act in the world...and this tour is going even better than always! Very Happy

***STONED AGAIN***

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 09:19    Reply with quote

Very positive review - but you're right Jamirokaki - who will not write something positive about these concerts Very Happy

ezzi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:27    Reply with quote

I can't believe i missed this entire post until now. Must have had a busy weekend Wink Very Happy

I love the pictures! Thanks Monisum, Funky Junkie and CosmicMouse! they're great. I'm sorry i can't give you pictures of the shows i went too. I was scared to get my camera in, i need a smaller one to hide better.

@Speed Freak! Shocked You cracked me up with that thong thowing action! Hilarious! Funny reaction from Jay too.

I wish i was there to party with everybody. I still miss you loads! Babette, you're the sweetest girl! Hope you feel better now. It was nice talking to you on the phone.
I hope to meet everybody again real soon. They better come back for real next year!

Cool
Ester

Ganesh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 17:48    Reply with quote

I'm so jealous of you who have been in Frankfurt gig. reading the talklist it seems you all got freakin out. i was also getting to take a part in that gig. but, first, sadly i missed the cheep plane tickets (i live in latvia) and all my hopes to get there fade. and, secondly, it was hard to find any place to stay for a night. but one my friend get there and she is so impressed. at least i can see photos you have taken. Keep on funkin Very Happy

mrsmoon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 19:05    Reply with quote

great found moni !!!
(i really laughed about the sentence : the fans are used to wait LOL LOL .. a very good informed reporter... Laughing )
but it´s a very nice review!! funny...
and he made a difference between jay and jamiroquai... ( well done for a german.. Wink really gooooddd informed Exclamation )

it´s only once or twice you´re in line with mr. moon !!

mrsmoon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 19:06    Reply with quote

@ ezziii Exclamation
yeess... next year we will meet again... don´t we Question Exclamation

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 19:29    Reply with quote

is des super gschriebn!!!!!!!!!

it´s well written, not using only the usual phrases..
thanks for sharing

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 20:10    Reply with quote

www.funkin.com/live/gallery/?set=1059895&image=49440262

jay jumping again

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 20:53    Reply with quote

Sandriche!!!!!
The pic is from Bologna!!!!
Look the review i rote with Funky Donkey!!!!
And above all, see the pix!!!!!
http://www.jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3928

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 20:55    Reply with quote

i know, i just wanted to add an example about the discussion about jumping...sorry i was a bit offtopic again

ezzi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:43    Reply with quote

mrsmoon wrote:
@ ezziii Exclamation
yeess... next year we will meet again... don´t we Question Exclamation

Yes, i hope it's more than once or twice that i'm in line with mrs moon (at a Jami concert) Very Happy

mrsmoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:13    Reply with quote

2hug LOL

tarinja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 03:35    Reply with quote

ok, i'm late, but who cares Cool

thanks for the nice pics and congratulations to you and another concert in first row Very Happy i was in munich at this time (some of you knew), so i couldn't come Crying or Very sad

next year we will jam again! supersonic black
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: