jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

October, 1st 2005 Bologna PalaMalaguti Pics & Review
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

FunkyDonkey
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 09:07    Reply with quote

October, 1st 2005 Bologna PalaMalaguti Pics & Review
October, 1st 2005 Bologna. venue: PalaMalaguti

Ok party people. It was a great show saturday October the 1st in Bologna, i'm sure it was the best of my whole jamirolife. Everything started with the best mood in the afternoon. Me and my girlfriend Benedetta (lots of love to her, she enjoyed very much the gig, danced madly and she spreaded her artistic talent making the banner we hanged together) met the other fellow fanatics Smile out of the Venue. There was a lot of people of jamirosite.com, the most followed italian site and ...finally... I met Francesca AKA FRA after a long time chatting on msn...don't need to say she's a lovely person , you know her already Wink and I hope to meet her again during the next tour! We waited the opening of the doors all together and was a wicked experience to meet all the guys i chatted with on the forums without ever see their faces! After the ride for first line we scrambled ourselves and me and Benedetta have been on the other side of the stage,it was the only bad thing of the evening, i couldn't dance and take pictures with the fellows of the italian forum Confused . Anyway the gig just started...and what a gig!!!

The setlist:

1. Canned Heat
2. Space Cowboy
3. Cosmic Girl
4. Revolution 1993
5. Little L
6. Seven Days in Sunny June
7. Dynamite
8. Light Years
9. Loveblind & Main Vein (medley)
10. Use the Force
11. Black Capricorn Day
12. Love Foolosophy
13. Time Won't Wait
14. (Don't) Give Hate a Chance
15. Alright
(encores)
16. Deeper Underground

I marked as bold the songs that characterized the performance. I was waiting for a long time to hear the jazzy jmq side and there it was again! Dynamite was incredible, a very long version, breakdowns and solos in it...everything started from the same intro you can hear in the Funky Rivierea '05 bootleg,so so special, and i also loved the brand new ending backing vocals:

Sure you got the look,
Sure you got the touch,
Sure you got the night,
Sure you're Dynamite!!

...and the band was jamming over them! I noticed the band enjoyed the performance...maybe it was the big crowd, i don't know but it was a completely different experience compared to the gig in Modena of the last July. And what about Light Years! The past is back, a version very similar to the one on TROTSC, i went crazy when i heard the first notes!! ..but only big fans loved it, most of the people didn't know this phat awesome track. Loveblind was completely different from the album one, only the chourus and breakdown were the same, the verse part features brand new stuff from Matt that simply amazed me. (Don't) Give Hate a Chance: together with Dynamite it was THE state of the art of this era's band IMHO, so jazzy and funky, hope to find a bootleg of it ASAP, i can't describe it, had a lot of energy. Black Capricorn Day: didn't expect it...it was a surprise, i'm not a big fan of this tune but i enjoyed it, don't know why they played it. Time Won't Wait : i love this track to death, can't understand why the euro album doesn't have it Mad it's simply amazing. There's a picture on my site showing the clocks on the displays above the stage...very beautiful, check it out:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (156326 KB) is 1024 x 768 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
(go to my site to see the full pic, direct click doesn't work Confused)

The rest of the tracks were close to the version we heard during this tour...that means they were great uhm ?! Smile Smile Smile

Now i'll tell you the specials of the evening Wink :

M and my girlfriend were hanging a banner (there's a topic here about the making of it Smile ) saying "jamirotlak.net 's ita side here to boogie!!!". Jay was singing in front of it and sent a kiss to us. I don't know if that was the reason but when the band left the stage in the end, Matt and Rob took a bit of time to greet me, i replyed beating on my heart Wink and took a picture (quite blurred Confused ) of Matt smiling at me:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (169518 KB) is 1024 x 768 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
(go to my site to see the full pic, direct click doesn't work Confused)

After a week passed seeking on the internet, sending emails and use the telephone, i missed the after show for the second time! Mad . I'm very sick of this, wish to know how a lot of people can get access to this area and meet the band. There's a tiny mafia around this stuff Confused . Next tour I'll try again Sad .

Rob used a semi-acousic gibson guitar on most of the tracks of Dynamite, IMHO a great idea, especially on Seven Days in Sunny June, which featured moving grass on the displays behind the band.

Don't need to tell you that rhythm was amazing during DGHAC Shocked, Derrick and Sola at the best, with an electric guitar solo by Rob in the end

I didn't talked so much of Jay, during the gig he performed brightly. He also came down of the stage and a bunch of hands were trying to hang him Smile , he went crazy! FRA can tell you more of this story. I tryed to give him the banner but he said "I can't bring it..." and some words that didn't reach me, it was just millisecond Smile . He singed at the best and showed us athletics with classical jmq's jumps Wink I know he IS Jamiroquai but don't like the fact that the spotlight was always on him...I like this formation of the band, everyone is doing a great job, hope that you'll have the chance to hear them performing...they are...ehm...DYNAMITE!!!!

Check out my pictures's repository, i added three galleries concerning the gig and two high quality pictures i took that aren't strongly compressed and resized:

http://funkydonkey.altervista.org

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 09:31    Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks for the review! The setlist of this gig is, as I mentioned before, excellent! Can't wait for my two days of happiness in October Wink .

Thanks again, and let's wait for the bootleg, if it exists.

ezzi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:41    Reply with quote

Cool review. Thanks so much!

monisum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:18    Reply with quote

Excellent review, very detailed Exclamation Thanks a lot Very Happy

FunkyDonkey
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:18    Reply with quote

LLCoolJR wrote:

Thanks again, and let's wait for the bootleg, if it exists.

mmm I don't think something will arrive Confused ...we need some SBD recording of this long tour! Where are all the bootleg-robbers-record-companies? Smile

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:53    Reply with quote

Okay , now it's my turn!
I'm still "disconnected" from last nite: 16 hours by train in 2 days are not a joke, u know!
Most has been said by me in the other topic and Funky Donkey did a great great review, compliments!
Well, Bologna 's been a wonderful gig: not only for the setlist (excellent, and "Light Years" was the cherry on the cake!) but also for all the friends i met there: lots of guys who were in Naples 2 months ago with the promise done to see us again for the next gig!!! we were all synchronized!
The band was very very good, Jay, as usual, the eternal Peter Pan!!! LOL
Wot deep emotion guys! I'm also happy that Rob and Jay recognised me and my friends of the jamirosite.com!!!!!
I'll never forget that kiss on my hand!!!!!!
And now i firmly can say that Jay is not tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
Funky Donkey wrote:
Quote:
After a week passed seeking on the internet, sending emails and use the telephone, i missed the after show for the second time! . I'm very sick of this, wish to know how a lot of people can get access to this area and meet the band. There's a tiny mafia around this stuff . Next tour I'll try again .

I'm sorry too! Sad
But i can say that jay 's gone away after 30 minutes the show ended with a BMW Jeep: we saw it and i wrote yesterday a mail to Rob , he replied in this way:
Quote:
Hi Francesca

Of course i saw you and your friends.I'm sorry i had to say no to you getting
backstage passes but we only get a few passes each and mine were already gone
to some of my friends.

Glad you enjoyed the concert.Maybe see you all next year

Thanks
Rob

these friends, maybe Funky u saw them, were some english guys came to Bologna for JMQ.....
anyway we r not lucky!!!!!
See all my pics on my spaces!

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 13:17    Reply with quote

Fantastic reviews, Fra and FunkyDonkey!! clapping clapping clapping

Thank you very much!!! 5rose

Hm... 2scratchchin ... what did Rob write in the message?

Quote:
Maybe see you all next year.

Now, this really sounds if they are going to do another European tour in 2006, don't you think? Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Mouse

CosmicBear
Officer - not married to CosmicMouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 13:30    Reply with quote

maybe they'll do the festivals next year?

the reviews and pictures are fantastic! i'm really happy for all of you that you had a good time!

FRA, still kissing your hand secretly when you think back of that moment? Wink

i remember a girl next to me at a concert who went crazy when she touched jay's sleeve. but a kiss on the hand is way better (and actually a real reason to freak out about!)

FRA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 13:46    Reply with quote

Meike wrote:
Quote:
what did Rob write in the message?

Quote:
Maybe see you all next year.

That's for sure Meike: next year JMQ will play again in Europe!!!!
U'll see Smile

Bear wrote:
Quote:
FRA, still kissing your hand secretly when you think back of that moment?

LOL.....i don't want to answer!!!!!!!!
Anyway my boyfriend (who couldn't come with me at the gig) said to me:
"Do u want to see that now i'm not going with u, something will happen?????"
LOL
He thought something else!!!!

Bye guys Surprised

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 13:53    Reply with quote

FRA wrote:
LOL

LOL... ok, and what about next year then? Will you go with or without your boyfriend to the gigs? burn Laughing Laughing

FRA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 14:17    Reply with quote

Mouse wrote:
Quote:
ok, and what about next year then? Will you go with or without your boyfriend to the gigs?

we'll see!!!lol
Just kidding!!!
Anyway, my boy was very happy for me: he knows the importance of the JMQ for me and he was terribly sorry not to assist at the show
BUT
he still havs to look the pix!!!!!!
He said: "i don't want to see JAY KAY so close anymore!!!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 17:03    Reply with quote

Great reviews guys... another smile

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 18:30    Reply with quote

great review and photos! thanks
the pics are so profesional, theres way to save them into my pc?

***STONED AGAIN***

FunkyDonkey
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:27    Reply with quote

Thanks to everybody for the replies! Wink

FRA wrote:

LOL.....i don't want to answer!!!!!!!!
LOL

Laughing !!!!

Meike, let's hope to see the band back in europe the next year!

FRA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 13:31    Reply with quote

Funky wrote:
Quote:
let's hope to see the band back in europe the next year!

That's mathematic!!!
And Italy will be full of dates!!!!!
See u again on the 1st row Rinaldo! kissing

Italian Party People r ready to rock!!!!!

JUMPINGGGGGGGGG JAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY bumpin' heart bumpin' heart bumpin' heart

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (237335 KB) is 800 x 600 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: