jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

The cat in the hat
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

kate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 20:13    Reply with quote

Fiske.....
Cool hats man Shocked

Snorry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 22:28    Reply with quote

Wow!
It´s funktastic! I have the hat of travelling without moving (I got it in London)... about the AFO hat, Jay´s one is made of solid plate! If you wanna build a real one you must be rich Wink (just kidding, yours it funktastic, really!)

Freddie Hg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 05:45    Reply with quote

Bought one in London? I'm envious.

I'm going to have to make a TWOM hat instead (I'm performing ALRIGHT with a band at school in the spring, and I need to have the hat). Does anyone have suggestions/instructions for making a replica that looks like the original?

Wish me luck on the cover song! alright

Cheers.

fiske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 20:31    Reply with quote

to make the twm hat is fairly easy actually, the challenge will be me trying to explain it (never was any good at descriptive writing) just get some fuzzy black materia, you'll also need something to make it stiffer, not sure what it's called exactly but you can find it at any fabric store probably. you cut a piece out a rectangle to be the sides of the hat you then fold it so you have a tube (but make sure it's inside out) then sew it at the ends, you then cut a circle out of the fabric and put it on top of your cyllinder (also so it's inside out) and sew that to the cyllinder, then cut out the bottom as a ring and fold id so there is black on both sides, and sew it to the main hat, then turn it all outright and it should be done
i suggest using newspaper or something to make a pattern first so that you're not guessing on sizes, now odds are all i've managed to do is confuse you if so, you can ask any questions here or email me at fiske06@hotmail.com

fiske
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Freddie Hg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 02:06    Reply with quote

Thank you, fiske!

I've actually just recently found and purchased a black fur hat very similar to the TWM hat (I hope it wasn't too much trouble giving me directions!). I am thinking about modifying it, though, because the brim is not quite rigid enough, so thank you for your help!

tommy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 03:55    Reply with quote

Hope the cover song goes well. Record it for us all! alright 7headphones

Freddie Hg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 06:14    Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do!

Serge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 21:25    Reply with quote

AFO hat
Hi Everyone! AFO hat

I recently made an AFO hat out of some firm cardboard, coated the blades in silver foil and added some cottonwool to the front selction to give it the "furry" effect. I was a bit surprised that it holds together quite well, I thought it would fall apart the minute I moved in it. I had a few problems with it slipping off, but managed to fix that by tinkering with the strings that hold it. Wonder how Jay prevents his hat from falling off while performing, I imagine it's quite heavy and he does some sudden movements Confused It would be really, REALLY embarrassing if it fell off Embarassed

I must try to get a picture of this hat some time in the future for you to see. What I would really now like is to have the AFO white fluffy jacket that JK has, but I suppose that would be hard to make and buying one is probably out of the question. (-Hint- -Hint- for any potential presents for Christmas 5crossfingers )

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to everyone Very Happy

Serge

fiske

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 04:41    Reply with quote

hats
well not much to say although i did have a few people ask me to say when i had pics of my finished afo hat, and now i do, although i have to warn that the page was put together pretty quickly and can take awhile to load and can cause some errors when you get to the hats section if you have microsot visual c++ although they will not crash your browser or anything else. i will fix these problems when i can so hopefully they won't be there for long
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: