jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

MosQuai!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

anya korjik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 22:41    Reply with quote

MosQuai!!!!!!!!!!
We Already to party!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Start in this Sunday! Cool

We are russian speed freaaaakssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool
SMASHINNNNNNN"n"JUMPIN""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/////Waitin for Concert///

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 05:51    Reply with quote

5thumbsup 5thumbsup 5thumbsup

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

deesh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 09:06    Reply with quote

enjoy the concert...

this is nothing major, just a brief article promoting the show:

http://www.expat.ru/culturepics_ann.php?cid=653

Culture Picks

Jamiroquai (UK)

June 18, 19:00

Olimpiisky Sports Complex

Jamiroquai is a British band led by singer Jay (Jason) Kay. The band enjoys worldwide popularity and is the best-known member of the early-1990s London-based acid jazz movement, alongside groups such as Incognito, the Brand New Heavies, Galliano, and Corduroy. Jamiroquai have since, however, moved in other musical directions.

The name "Jamiroquai" is derived from the Native American Iroquois tribe, with which Kay has said he identifies philosophically, combined with 'Jam', as in musical jamming.

After Jay Kay auditioned unsuccessfully to be the singer of the Brand New Heavies, he decided to put together his own band. Jamiroquai's first single, "When You Gonna Learn?", was released in 1992 on the Acid Jazz label. Following its success, Kay signed a Ј1,000,000 eight-album record deal with Sony BMG Music Entertainment, the first of which was the mercurial Emergency on Planet Earth in 1993 which was laden with soulful grooves, themes of social consciousness and flowing jazz instrumentations. The 1994 follow-up, The Return of the Space Cowboy, became a more definitive album of testimonial funk and psychedelic power. The force is strong in both albums and has set the mark for what Jamiroquai can offer.

The band's international breakthrough came with the third album, Travelling Without Moving in 1996, which yielded two big hits, "Virtual Insanity" and "Cosmic Girl," establishing a strong hold in the difficult American market. At the 1997 MTV Video Music Awards, the creative videoclip for "Virtual Insanity" won four awards, including Best Video, Best Special Effects, Best Cinematography, and Breakthrough Video.

Their hit single "Deeper Underground" - the band's only UK #1 single to date - appeared on the soundtrack of the 1998 movie Godzilla. Another single, "Canned Heat" was featured in the films Center Stage (2000) and Napoleon Dynamite (2004), the latter for its famous dance scene.

The acid jazz flavours of the first three albums were less evident in 1999's Synkronized. Jay Kay's interest in funk and disco music were gradually shifting the band in other directions, and with this came further commercial success. By their fifth album, A Funk Odyssey (2001), the disco influence was especially evident. The fifth album's first single, "Little L", reached #1 in many charts worldwide.

In 2003 Jamiroquai released a DJ mix album in the Late Night Tales series for Azuli Records. The track selection shows some of the band's funk, soul and disco influences, including tracks from The Pointer Sisters, The Commodores, Johnny Hammond and Marvin Gaye.

Their latest album is titled Dynamite and was released on June 20, 2005. It reached #3 on the UK charts, with similar successes repeated around the world. It has been regarded as Jamiroquai's most diverse work to date, with danceable disco tracks such as "(Don't) Give Hate A Chance" mixed with the more laid-back jazzy sounds of "Talullah", which harks back to the much earlier Jamiroquai sound. The first single, "Feels Just Like It Should" was released early in June, the second, "Seven Days In Sunny June" released on August 15th, followed by the third, "(Don't) Give Hate A Chance" on November 7th.

Recently Jay Kay has expressed bitter resentment with his longtime record label Sony Music. In a recent interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, he commented that "These days it's 18% music and it's bloody 82% marketing bullshit ... Next time I do an album, I'm gonna put it up on the internet for five fucking dollars." He also remarked that a Jamiroquai "greatest hits" album will be released in 2006, purely out of contractual obligation: "2006, they're out of the fucking picture. Take your greatest hits and stick it up your fucking arse." [1] This combined with recent comments in an interview with The Sun ("There are other things I want to do with my life ... I want peace and quiet and to meet a nice girl and have some little pitter-patterers [children] and chill out."[2]) have fueled rumours that he will soon retire following the Dynamite tour.

In March 2006, Jamiroquai announced their switch to Columbia Records although this is a subsidiary of Sony BMG.

Pepela

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:26    Reply with quote

So!!

It's happend!!At last!!
Concert was really amazing!
It was obvious that band enjoyed it as much as we did!Smile
So much emotions!

Here's the set list
Canned Heat
Space Cowboy
Cosmic Girl
Revolution 1993
Little L
Black crow
Use The Force
Black Capricorn Day
Traveling Without Moving
Love foolosophy
Beatbox
Time won't wait
Alright
Deeper Underground

Pics
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (79389 KB) is 600 x 572 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (85855 KB) is 600 x 663 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (80060 KB) is 600 x 433 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (55181 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (69347 KB) is 600 x 449 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (55282 KB) is 600 x 476 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (65167 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (81869 KB) is 600 x 675 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (68715 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (100811 KB) is 600 x 747 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (116890 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (87748 KB) is 600 x 457 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (96988 KB) is 600 x 788 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (71079 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (92766 KB) is 600 x 600 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (99497 KB) is 600 x 799 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (68460 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (86060 KB) is 600 x 743 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (98304 KB) is 600 x 703 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (63248 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (114328 KB) is 600 x 893 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (56114 KB) is 600 x 392 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (111816 KB) is 600 x 869 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (63574 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (85245 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (116867 KB) is 600 x 827 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (92357 KB) is 600 x 486 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (94099 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (74800 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (138440 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (110487 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

As always we've been in the front row, face to face with Jay, Paul and the girls:)
We've been asking them to play Blow your mind so much, but they didn'tSad
By the way, Jay, Paul and girls backsingers recognized me! That's for sure! And Jay's liked my new t-shirt, in DU he's looked at me and pointed with a finger up on my t-shirt!Smile)Haha!Smile))
The only thing I didn't like is that light in Saint Petersburg was much much better than in Moscow...
By the way, I've recorded concert on my new voice recorder so soon when I'll understand how to transfer what I've recorded on comuter I'll upload everything! But I couldn't record last 3 songs coz batteries were low!!Sad(But the sound quality is amazing!!Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:36    Reply with quote

Glad you had such a great time Pepela!! Lots of good pics!! another smile

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:47    Reply with quote

Pepela wrote:
Beatbox

as in the song? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Shocked Shocked

i am happy you had a great time. thanks again for the pics and you still have some gigs to go, so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

beatbox..... Shocked

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:50    Reply with quote

Great photos Pepela - thanks for sharing them and glad you got front row Smile Smile Smile

SAMANTHA

mojogonlopoto
JamilyTree Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:31    Reply with quote

Pepela wrote:
I've recorded concert on my new voice recorder so soon when I'll understand how to transfer what I've recorded on comuter I'll upload everything! But I couldn't record last 3 songs coz batteries were low!!Sad(But the sound quality is amazing!!Smile

Please, upload it on wav format, not mp3

Pepela

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:34    Reply with quote

No problem:)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 14:52    Reply with quote

Shocked wow, Pepela.. amazing pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing them so fast! Cannot wait to hear your bootleg!! Wink

Mouse good

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 15:11    Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics and the setlist. Great to hear you recorded it. Can't wait.

>>>> Something what's getting my attention: Where is Dynamite? Sad

FunkyDonkey
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 15:12    Reply with quote

Hey!!! Nice pictures and what a great banner you had! Shocked

Quote:
sound quality is amazing!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuppie!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pepela

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 19:12    Reply with quote

Here's one more video
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=611AFD795A5B70C4

EvoV

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 01:46    Reply with quote

beatbox? Confused

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 03:40    Reply with quote

mmmm I think it was the Main Vein part....
anyway, thanks for the review!
And I can't wait to hear your recording!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: