jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

+ Jamily meetings +
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 14:01    Reply with quote

+ Jamily meetings +
We have already a topic "when fans meet the band", and we have all those concert review threads with photos of fans meeting at the front row, but I thouhgt we could also need a topic where we can tell about pure fan meetings, when the jamirotalkers visit each other or meet up somewhere.

You can also post your pictures of fan meetings here, and tell us, which members of the jamily you have already met meanwhile. I will make a list soon, because I have actually met a lot of funky people who i have got to know through the jamiroquai forums and websites...

This weekend Sandra came to me and my family and was living in my "Jami-room". We had a lot of fun and I am sad that she is already sitting in her train back to Austria now... Crying or Very sad

On Saturday we went to a big disco. It was just a few minutes after midnight when we were drinking a toast 5toast to Jeroen (with a dutch beer!! LOL), because we remembered that his birthday was just starting - a girl came and took a photo of us. Today I found this picture on a event website. Nice souvenir..here it comes:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (281841 KB) is 510 x 649 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Mouse

Last edited by CosmicMouse on Fri Aug 31, 2007 08:39; edited 1 time in total

czendo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 14:54    Reply with quote

Mouse, that's wonderfull that you invited Sandriche from Austria to Germany! Very Happy I love it Smile
Well, here in Poland we met once in Poznań, here we are:

PSIQS, Goomisia, Jacek, Czendo, Piotrek (bold --> people connected with jam.pl Smile )

But when we drunk some beer, we started to... draw buffalo mans... Don't know why Mr. Green

And this is what we did with them later...

Maybe we're not adult enough... But one guy in Poland wrote, that all people are always children - and only one of them pretend that they are not, and one do not pretend Wink
Next meeting coming soon! Smile

CosmicBear
Officer - not married to CosmicMouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 15:35    Reply with quote

Re: + Jamily meetings +
CosmicMouse wrote:
On Saturday we went to a big disco.

that wouldn't have been the Jolly Joker, would have? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 15:39    Reply with quote

Re: + Jamily meetings +
CosmicBear wrote:

that wouldn't have been the Jolly Joker, would have? Cool

Sure it was!! Laughing Mouse's and Bear's second home, when we were "young"...hehe... LOL

Mouse

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 17:32    Reply with quote

Hi there

Yeah, I gotta say I met a lot of fans in the Club Ciudad concert, but you know, the excitement was too big, we couldn't stay long, I met Gonza and Flor there, from this forum, and I already knew funkynic, abou moslem, and a lot more (but I probably met and talked in the concert with many known fans that I didn't recognize Laughing )

We ocassionally meet to listen to some good music, and hang out and have a good time, I took pics only one of those days (let me find them and I'll post).

But of course, as I always say in private, it would be a pleassure to meet all of you.

D!

czendo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 19:02    Reply with quote

Well, you're lucky. Here in Poland there aren't many JMQ fans, so if we are able to meet with anybody Wink we are happy! (for example: on our forum, that we made with the one and only Polish JMQ Fansite, we got 35 users! Razz and of course not all of them is active Razz)

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 21:07    Reply with quote

Very Happy i can´t resist..here my review LOL

after a 10 hour journey i arrived in "vechelde" where the whole family melansek was already waiting for me! 2goodvibes

this family is so lovely..u can´t imagine love2

they showed me THE ROOM!!!! AFO hat offwall
u have to be there to feel the vibes which this place produces..i was like Shocked 2upsidedown stoned
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (210564 KB) is 704 x 528 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

highlights
Arrow i got a rhythm workshop from marlin...(he is amazing - never seen a talented kid as him before)
Arrow funkmaster aka miran signed my london t-shirt... Very Happy
Arrow i woke up looking into jay´s eyes and this 2 lovely kids saying"good morning sandra , breakfast is ready"... this was no dream!!!
Arrow driving around in the car and singing jamiroquai and jamie cullum and red hot chili peppers 5car sing (by the way i am jamie cullum fan now too Cool )
Arrow the jolly joker night ..why didn´t that dj played jamiroquai grrr
Arrow Mika´s first cinema visit : walt disney´s "over the hedge" 4turtle 4kitty
Arrow soccer world championship and basketball match in the garden...
i didn´t win one time!! this calls for revenge!! burn Very Happy
Arrow 20.45 mexican dinner at home while watching dvds until 2 am(guess which ones Rolling Eyes Laughing ) buffaloman there is nothing better to watch jamiroquai concerts with another crazy jamifan ("crazy" in a positive meaning of course!! LOL)

always hard to say goodbye Crying or Very sad
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (85894 KB) is 567 x 425 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (104916 KB) is 567 x 425 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
thanks for all ..what a great weekend... clapping kissing bumpin' heart Heart 2grouphug love5

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 21:21    Reply with quote

Awww... Sandra!! love2 What a lovely review! bumpin' heart

The pleasure was on our side! You are such a lovely guest! It was so nice to have you here at my home. When the train left, the boys both said:

"Awww.... we wanna go with her to Austria!!!" Sad Sad

Mouse kissing

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 22:20    Reply with quote

Sandriche wrote:
Arrow i woke up looking into jay´s eyes and this 2 lovely kids saying"good morning sandra , breakfast is ready"... this was no dream!!!

Bloody hell... never mind a dream, it sounds more like something out of a horror film!

My only 'Jamily' meeting was Lovebox, and we've all talked about that plenty already on the Lovebox thread, so I won't repeat it all here.

I met one of my friends on the official website's forum many moons ago, though (before it actually had a name, back when it was just 'the forum on the official site'). He's from Manchester, and we wrote emails and talked on MSN for a very long time, then lost contact, and he got back in touch about 8 months before I went up to Manchester to start uni. On my first night in Manchester, he was going to see Fun Lovin' Criminals... and what neither of us realised until he was actually in there was that the venue for that gig was NEXT DOOR to the building I'd just moved into. So I phoned him and we met up after the gig and went out for a drink with his mate and his (then) girlfriend. A really great evening.

Of course the other meeting was a few months before that... in April 2001 a new person posted a message saying 'hello' on the official site forum, and for some reason, instead of just replying and saying 'welcome', which is what I ALWAYS did at that time, something compelled me to write an email to her instead. I still don't know why I felt that urge. But after a year and a bit of writing to each other, we realised we'd fallen in love, and 11 months later, I flew out to Buenos Aires to meet Noe. I'm afraid I could only describe that by spending about three hours writing this message... and I'm not going to do that!

Sam

mr_moon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 22:53    Reply with quote

Excellent stories from Meike and Sandra Wink

Its great to see you had a good time. Very Happy

Oh and i say the same as Sam, Lovebox was my first meeting so i wont repeat myself Laughing

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 23:00    Reply with quote

Samiroquai wrote:
Bloody hell... never mind a dream, it sounds more like something out of a horror film!

How mean of you Sam implying the lovely Mika & Marlin could appear in a horror film!!! Hee hee!! Wink

deesh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 01:31    Reply with quote

*i love the picture with meike, sandra and the boys on the bed* great review!

SAM - what? what? what? how dare you forget dancing in manchester with me....ugh! LOL! don't make me post the picture!

before lovebox, i had meet ups with ezbe (she was the first "jamily" member i met in 2001 in new york), claudia, chena, bear, jan, sam (although he doesn't seem to remember), zed.

then there were those that i met at concerts in the USA before lovebox - rowe's, pete, dj romeo, diego, kevin, hillary, kelly, karl...ummmm, there are more - i just forget them all.

and those that i've seen since lovebox - claudia

most of those people above i've had a "virtual" relationship with for years, so it was cool to see them actually in person. i have pics of most of these meet-ups, but i'm too lazy right now to post them!

Smile

this band brought me so many friends, but i have to be most thankful for my claudia and her family (husband, daughter)...words will NEVER be able to express it....EVER kissing

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 07:16    Reply with quote

deesh wrote:

this band brought me so many friends, but i have to be most thankful for my claudia and her family (husband, daughter)...words will NEVER be able to express it....EVER kissing

That is so cool. I know what you mean Deesh, I am thankful for have met Rachael and her family too. Smile

The Jamily meet has made me so feel so happy and so positive. You guys bring me so much energy, I can't thank you enough!! I would love to meet everyone, but am waiting for one special person in particular, and that is Little H! One day....

Smile

peggy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:00    Reply with quote

My only Jamily meeting until now (AND YOU CAN BE SURE THERE WILL FOLLOW SOME MORE !!!!) was NSJ in Rotterdam.

Planning on meeting Freaky and Doesman in September/October. Will take pics if we meet (let's hope) and post them.

We should meet every once and a while, especially now we have to wait for a new Jami tour until the end of 2007.

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 22:59    Reply with quote

Oops! Sorry Deesh! If it's any consolation, Yvie's reminded me that Noe and I also met Heather and Jan very briefly after the Birmingham gig last year. So you're not alone.

Everyone - I met Deesha a couple of months ago in Manchester and showed her round the city centre at night for a few minutes before taking her to a funk club that my Brand New Heavies friend was DJing at. We had great fun. I will remember it for as long as I live... Shocked

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Jamily All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: