jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Rock Oz Arènes - Little review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cheecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 17:11    Reply with quote

Rock Oz Arènes - Little review
(I've just seen it removed the smileys I set. I do not delete the words (wink, smile), I'll leave it like that, hope it's not too confusing. )

Hi people!

Yesterday I've been to Rock Oz Arènes. It's six o'clock in the evening and I just stood up after 24hours without sleep (did not find accomodation). I'm still tired. Well I thought I'll sum up a lil bit my impressions, for those who are interested.

First the playlist:

-Canned Heat
-Space Cowboy

in no part. order:

- little part of Hooked Up (I LOVED IT! pity they didn't play the whole song)
- If I like it I do it
- Use the force (WONDERFUL live performance!)
- Black Capricorn Day
- Dynamite
- Black Crow (very "beautiful" performance. Very good sound quaility)
- Love Foolosophy
- Revolution (long version with very fast beats at the end, nice!)
- Soul Education
- Travelling without moving (NICE NICE NICE !!)
- TIME WON'T WAIT (That was the most beautiful moment, WONDERFUL!!)

- Don't give hate a chance
- Deeper Underground Smile Smile Smile

I went to Avenches in the early morning and arrived at about 10 o'clock. I was searching the Amphiteater and suddenly I heard a roaring noise in front of me and I've seen a yellow sports car driving through. I was like: "OMG, that must be Jay!!" So I went a little bit faster just to see that they had a race with older sports cars up there.. hmppf Rolling Eyes Laughing

Well actually I was going through that village about three times and I did not discover any of the band members all day long.

So I wanted to check the venue and it was cool coz we were allowed to be the whole day in the arena and watch how they build it up. That was nice!

The arena was quite small but very nice. But the stage was quite high and there was no possibility for Jay going down the stage to give some shakehands or to climb the stage. It looked as he wanted to do that.

Jay was dressed I think the same as at Lovebox festival. I liked that coat, it was shining in the darkness, looked nice. You could see that he was sweating hard because of his hat Razz (oh well, sorry but that looked so sexy).

He did mention that Paul Turner's baby was born and we all gave him an applause. Very Happy

I was a bit worried actually, coz Jay seemed not be in a very good mood (but I think that changed a bit to the end). He was almost not talking to and joking with the audience. He even did not tell who is who to the audience (which he used, to, didn't he). He just said "merci" and "merci beaucoup" between the songs and that was all. And he was smiling but often I thought it was not a real smile, coz his eyes were not smiling. (Well that all changed towards the end). Sometimes I got the impressions that he has something like a burn out.
He was absolutely not happy with the sound technician. Once he went to him and rested there for a couple of moments and you could see from his mimics and gestics that he was a bit angry.

Well, all in all it was a wonderful evening, although it rained (Jay was covered this time Very Happy ) from time to time. The rain got more at the end, when DU was on (Jay was smoking a cigy on the top of the stage before). I thought that the rain in this moment was GREAT! Smile

And I really really loved when they played TIME WON'T WAIT. I hope they do it in Tufertschwil again.

The band member who impressed me most this evening was Sola. That man really can handle his instruments. I was totally impressed by his performance.

And about the crowd: I actually did not recognise any people except for a girl who wore a white fluffy hat with ears. She was in the first row (I was behind her) and she was in Zurich too. There was a girl with a funny buffalo-shirt on which was written: "Hi Jay, I'm Your Cosmic girl" I thought that was cute! Wink

And I (not only me) really had to laugh about a woman who was dressed like a b... (sorry). I've thought you can only see people like that on tv. Skirt like a belt, high boots, a corsage with a hanging "diamond", breasts almost jumping out, louis vuitton bag, coco chanel sun glasses, and very solarium brown. She was trying to take her camera into the arena and tried to convince the security with her "attitude" to get it in. But they didn't let her, haha. The funny thing was when we were waiting in the front row, she started "screaming" suddenly and we've seen that her girlfriends arrived, exactly the same style, lol! They were running towards each other and fell over each other. The whole audience gave applause and whistles, you can imagine how. Well that was really funny! Wink
And there was a guy in the front row with a buffalo tattoed on his back, looked quite cool! And another guy whom I talked to later, who was exactly styled like Jay in little L video. And when he was dancing I almost couldn't keep my eyes of off him because I thought it was very cool how he danced, almost exactly like Jay sometimes! Very cool. He will be in Tufertschwil again he said. But I was a bit concerend when they hold a little white "sachet" in their hands. I don't know but I was thinking it might be cocaine. Isn't that packed like that? Confused

Ok that's all what I can remember now. I will be there for sure next time, if they come back again. And I am so happy that there is another gig in a couple of days. That is just too cool!

Byeeee!!!!

PS: I almost forgot: At the end he threw again both of his shoes into the audience. Laughing After everyone was trying to catch them, he was joking and was acting like he would throw himself into the audience. Everyone was screaming. Very Happy

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 17:37    Reply with quote

Thanks Magda! Very Happy Great review! Very Happy Hooked up? Wicked tune! You lucky girl Wink even if it was short part.

OMG, they didn't let cameras in? That's just madness! How on earth are we supposed to share our wonderful moments with everyone on the forum?! Shocked I am going to sneak mine in my jeans...no-one will touch me, or I will just do some karate kicks Laughing

Great to know you had fun! Very Happy It rained in Geneva last night, I got soaked to the skin!

See you Saturday! Very Happy

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 17:43    Reply with quote

Thanks for the review Cheecat! Very Happy Nice one!! Wink

It's a good feeling when one gig is over and you know that there will be another very soon, isn't it? Wink

Have fun girls!!!! good

Mouse

Cheecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 20:35    Reply with quote

Yeah it's really cool to know that I'll do some dancing and jumping on a concert soon again, actually I've just done it right now to TWM. I am obsessed! Smile

Cosmic Mouse, you are not coming to Tufertschwil, are you?

Hey Hania see you there! (This pic of you with the Jay shoe I've seen over here is sooo funny! Laughing ) Perhaps you will be able to get the camera in. Just tell them in a very sure way that you haven't got anything with ya and they believe it. They actually did not discover my pepperspray at the bottom of my bag!

SEEE YOUUU Very Happy

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 20:48    Reply with quote

Cheecat wrote:

Cosmic Mouse, you are not coming to Tufertschwil, are you?

the blues no... i am not... someone has to stay here and post the setlist.... Rolling Eyes

hehe..kidding... I had my pleasure in Rotterdam and London this year.

Tufertschwil is 722,66 km from here... that's too far, too expensive... and my family won't be amused if I let them alone again. It's an issue of setting priorities...

But there will be a next time!! good

Have fun and think of me and the Jamirotalk gang! Wink

Mouse

Cheecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 21:34    Reply with quote

Oh that's a pity but as you said there will be a next time! Very Happy

I hope somebody of us will be able to make some good pictures to post here.

cu
Magda

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 22:50    Reply with quote

thanks for the review! Very Happy

***STONED AGAIN***

lilyjammer
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 17:39    Reply with quote

Some pics from the show, from the Couleur 3 radio station website...

[pics deleted]

Last edited by lilyjammer on Mon Jun 28, 2010 20:40; edited 1 time in total

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 17:44    Reply with quote

Shocked

Fantastic pictures

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

lilyjammer
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 17:50    Reply with quote

Oops! I've just realised I doubled up on a couple - sorry about that!

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 18:04    Reply with quote

No probs Rachel! mad2

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

lilyjammer
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 18:10    Reply with quote

Still jetlagged Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: