jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

How to meet the band? Seriously!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

joeliroquai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 05:44    Reply with quote

How to meet the band? Seriously!
Hey jamifans. I've read many of your encounters with the band after shows/backstage or what have you. I've only BARELY gotten a signature from Jay and was thinking, how did you guys do it? I met some people at a concert that had pics with them of when they first met the band and so forth, but I'm not that lucky! So I guess if you want to share your stories on how you met them or what happened, post it. And those of you that use the "herb" to do it I can't, I don't do that stuff!

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 06:42    Reply with quote

2scratchchin

mmmm

good question: how?!?

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

deesh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 15:08    Reply with quote

Well, you live in America, so it isn't hard at all...

The concerts are so small here and usually they are in venues that there small and only hold like 1000 - 2000 people, if even that. We don't have to compete with 5,000 - 30,000 people!

So to answer your question simply:

1. If you in line early enough to get the front row, most likely you'll see the guys coming in for soundcheck and out to eat/breathe before the gig. The venues usually only have 1 - 2 entrances.

2. Speaking from the USA experiences, Jay usually picks out a few people in the front to give backstage passes to. Mainly those that were out front in the beginning or people (guys and girls) that he remembers from multiple concerts.

3. After the USA shows, the guys came out often and mingled with whoever was still left waiting to maybe meet them. From what I heard, many people didn't stick around with hopes to meet them, so it wasn't a mob.

4. They walk around the city, visit the shops and restaurants here if they have time. Pete and Diego ran into Rob in Chinatown in NYC. Jamiroquai aren't CRAZY popular here, so they can just walk around and no one really stops and makes a big deal about it...that sounds mean, but it's truth and I'm grateful for that!

5. Make friends with the DJ/opening act band before the concert. Like myspace them and stuff like that...then when the concert comes around, they might give you a backstage pass. I know...this isn't really right, but I'm just giving you ways that have worked for people (I didn't do this).

6. Get to the afterparty. They might be there/they might not. If there is no official afterparty, most likely the guys are going to unwind at a local bar/restaurant - not saying to stalk them, but fans have met them that way too by accident.

Truth be told, here in America..it isn't that hard to meet them really. Wink

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 23:16    Reply with quote

deesh wrote:
1. If you in line early enough to get the front row, most likely you'll see the guys coming in for soundcheck and out to eat/breathe before the gig. The venues usually only have 1 - 2 entrances.

This is probably the easiest way. I'd seen the band three times, all in Birmingham, never having met any of them because every time, I had to drive up from Bristol that evening - so I couldn't arrive early. At Lovebox this summer I got there early enough to get front row with the others (um... OK, so everyone else got the front of the queue and Meike told me to come and join them when I arrived a couple of hours later!)... and promptly met Derrick.

deesh wrote:
4. They walk around the city, visit the shops and restaurants here if they have time. Pete and Diego ran into Rob in Chinatown in NYC. Jamiroquai aren't CRAZY popular here, so they can just walk around and no one really stops and makes a big deal about it...

True. Even in England, no-one but the proper hardcore fans (that's us!) has a fucking clue what any of the band who aren't Jay look like. So if you're happy to meet the rest of the guys (and why wouldn't you be?!), it's not difficult. Very approachable, down-to-earth, lovely people.

Sam

joeliroquai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 00:22    Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I'll be sure to get the venue several hours next time to see em!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: