jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

THE JAMIROTALK.NET TEAM MEMBERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Space Clav
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 06:57    Reply with quote

Thanks for including me in the crew! I'm happy to be at your service. Smile

Anjing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:03    Reply with quote

Good luck in your espective duties Wink

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:28    Reply with quote

kewl new team!

i'm very happy having all you together helping jamirotalk.
special mention (again) to spaceclav, a expert in musical stuff!
hope we can go on with the experts job Wink

***STONED AGAIN***

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 16:50    Reply with quote

Congrats all!! From past experience I know although hard work, its very rewarding being part of the team!!

Saffy7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 17:57    Reply with quote

Thanks again to Meike for giving me this wonderful opportunity...I'm so happy to be part of the team!

Here's to Jamirotalk! 2goodvibes

Claire.x.

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 20:59    Reply with quote

Info: I have updated the team definitions in my first posting. Thanks Claire for editing and improving them! Sounds much better now! Very Happy

Mouse

deesh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 17:36    Reply with quote

Congratulations ladies and gents as you start your new responsibilities Smile

mr_moon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 19:28    Reply with quote

Yes good luck in your new roles! Very Happy

It makes it feel like a real community which its good to be a part of Wink

fUnK[iLo]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 16:58    Reply with quote

Congratulations to everyone! What a great team!!! Very Happy

I really know this little Corner of the Earth it smiles at me...

__Janluka__

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 06:44    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
..to ensure a well organized forum and community here at jamirotalk.net, I set up a brand new team..

..I'd like to know which were the selection rules..

..if possible..

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 08:47    Reply with quote

Ok, I'll try to explain.

First of all, this is not the first team - there have always been people, helping. I have had good experiences with this but also bad ones. There was less trouble when I did it all alone, but it's way too much work for me then.

What I learned from those experiences is, that I need people I can get along with. We have to work together, plan, discuss and also solve problems. You have to be on the same wavelength to do this alright.
I need the feeling that the team-members are supporting me, each other, jamirotalk and also jamiroquai. We all have to pull together.
Of course it is an advantage if I have already met the people in person, because I can better judge, if I could imagine a team work with that person or not. But it is not a must, that I have met the team members before. Longer contact via PM or msn can do as well.

Then it is important that the team members are around a lot. Because we are planning things in the background and I sometimes need to know some opinions fast. This is something I was missing in the last team - it took too long to hear some voices because some team members weren't here so often.
A daily basis would be perfect, but it can be less, but should be regular. If someone cannot be here for some time due to work, holidays or other reasons then I would like to be informed.

Team-members should bring a bit of time because we are doing some things (interviews, new topic series, competitions, and so on) in the background.

I have been planning to search for a new team for a long time, had some people in my mind already who I would like to work with, but only found now the time to think a bit more about it and wrote down a list with people who could be good team members in my eyes.
I had a looong list... I haven't counted, but I think I had more than 40.
Needless to say that I cannot take them all.
So, I was skipping one after another, and I can tell you it is hard to do this because I'd love to take them all, but know that some of them cannot do that job because they don't have enough time for example, plus they were just too many people.

So I ended with a list of around 23 people (some of the old team members included) and sent out my requests. A few from the old team quitted the job, but from the others I got a lot of positive feedback, so that I ended with 18 people in the team!!! Which is a lot! I expected to get back 10 in the end... and I hope I can handle this big team. At the moment I have more work than ever, because I have to coordinate everything. But it is great to have those motivated people who are ready to support jamirotalk.

I pushed away this difficult decision a long time, because I know, when you choose a few people, there will always be others who complain. You cannot satisfy everyone. I know a lot might be sad or even angry that they were not asked, but please... this is not a presentation of prizes.

Of course the team members feel honoured to be chosen, but like Miran said: this job means work! When you have the passion it can also mean fun, but the first reason to do it is to support, to help, to be available.

I feel a bit stressed when I read messages like yours... maybe I get it wrong but it feels as if I have to justify myself, why I have chosen "him" and not "her" or whatever. It was a hard decison for me, but in the end I am happy about the team now, I think we can do a lot for jamirotalk together.

But please, it is not only the team who should support jamirotalk. YOU ALL are invited to make this a cosy place. You all can open interesting topics and help other users who have questions or problems. You don't need to have the "team-sign" for that. And if you have new ideas, you can tell us.

So, I hope I could answer your question a bit. And I hope there are no bad feelings because some of you would have liked to see other names in the team. We will do our best, and this team is no final team. The team has been changing a lot in the past and I am sure some team members will quit after some time when they have other things to do, so there will be "chances" for others as well.

Mouse

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:42    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
But please, it is not only the team who should support jamirotalk. YOU ALL are invited to make this a cosy place. You all can open interesting topics and help other users who have questions or problems. You don't need to have the "team-sign" for that. And if you have new ideas, you can tell us.

This is very well said! Totally agree.

__Janluka__

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:15    Reply with quote

..Meike, thank you for this complete explanation.. Wink

mr_moon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 19:29    Reply with quote

Yes a very good answer Meike good

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:55    Reply with quote

I just want to thank you Meike and the whole team for keeping this site so extremely friendly and fair. It must be hard work to hold up this high standard. There are so many forums on the net that end up in struggle and fight just because some people destroy the friendly atmosphere just for fun.... Evil or Very Mad

It's always a pleasure to come to jamirotalk - for so many years now thanks to you all Kiss

4butterfly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: