jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

'Radio' - a single?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 03:46    Reply with quote

'Radio' - a single?
Are we just assuming radio will be a single? I don't think there's been any official word on this has there? Maybe it depends how Runaway goes...?

mr.az

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 04:34    Reply with quote

i think must be a single, because is a new song and is the only new track after runaway.
if they dont release as a single that is gonna be stupid.
AFO=AUTOMATON

herored

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 04:54    Reply with quote

My senses tell me that "Radio" will unfortunately not be a single."Runaway" is a brand new track."Radio" is a UNRELEASED track.So it was supposed to be realeased in the past.But I could be wrong.

Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 05:19    Reply with quote

I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be a single either. Of course I hope I'm wrong though.

lilyjammer
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 07:34    Reply with quote

I'm not sure whether it will be a single, of course, but it is a new track - it's listed as unreleased because Runaway has been released before the GH comes out. They have all being saying for ages that the GH would have two new tracks.

Space Clav
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 09:22    Reply with quote

I'm not sure either. But I suspect that Sony/Columbia will "milk" Jamiroquai all they can before it's too late so to speak. If they can squeeze out a few more bucks from releasing Radio as a single they probably will. If Runaway fails (which I doubt) it's possible they want to "save" things by releasing Radio and balance the costs/winnings. If Runaway is a major hit they would be stupid not to surf the wave of success and release Radio while the GH album is still hot. Time will tell... Wink

herored

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:19    Reply with quote

That wouldn't make sense."Runaway" was never never realeased. That means that it isn't some "hidden track.""Radio" is UNREALEASED,That means that it could have been recorded in the Dynamite time,the AFO time,hell even the EOPE time.But if you get the point,it was a track that was already made."Runaway" is a brand ew track.

It is like saying in two weeks from now,"Shoot The Moon",will come out."RADIO" IS THE SAME SORT OF UNREALEASED AS "SHOOT THE MOON" It was a track recored 3,2,years ago that is finally being released.

There might be a "Radio" video but not a single.

Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:20    Reply with quote

My point is that just coz a new track appears on a Greatest Hits/Best Of or whatever, that doesn't automatically mean it'll become a single. I think we're pretty certain Radio is new from what we've heard about it, right?

For example, (as far as I know) when the BNH brought out Trunk Funk in 1999, there were three new tracks and only two became singles. When almost the same album got a US release the next year it had just one new song (a different one) and I'm pretty sure it never became a single.

The reason these albums usually have a few new tracks is so the fans take the bait and buy as well. And I can see how it would work in the record company's favour if they didn't make singles of all the new stuff - ie. "if you want this new song, you have to buy the album, 90% of which you already own, ha ha".

Although... didn't I read somewhere some of the older tracks were getting freshened up somehow? Whether this is remastering or something else, I guess we'll have to wait for a bit.

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:34    Reply with quote

herored wrote:
My senses tell me that "Radio" will unfortunately not be a single."Runaway" is a brand new track."Radio" is a UNRELEASED track.So it was supposed to be realeased in the past.But I could be wrong.

it's not an unreleased track.
is a NEW track.
it appeared as unreleased in some internet sites but it was an error, rob tellus is brand new.

***STONED AGAIN***

jamirow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 14:18    Reply with quote

the album is called "the singles"...that tells me it will be a single but i might be wrong...

Space Clav
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 14:40    Reply with quote

It's new, not unreleased... well at the moment it actually is unreleased... but not for long.

I still think there is chance for a single as Sony BMG/Columbia most likely will take all chances possible to get as much money back as they can from their investment in Jamiroquai... especially now when the contract ends.

Marina
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 18:35    Reply with quote

Solá wrote:

Two new singles for the Greatest Hits coming your way soon, keen to hear your impressions.

maybe that means that Radio will be a single, who knows Wink

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 18:41    Reply with quote

another video would be great... Very Happy

mr.az

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 18:56    Reply with quote

Sandriche wrote:
another video would be great... Very Happy

i must agree with you Cool
AFO=AUTOMATON

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 23:48    Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if they decide to release it to, as Jonas puts it, 'balance the books', because singles simply don't make any money any more - they're done solely to promote the album they're taken from. So 'Radio' might well get airplay (in the UK at least) at some point, but without being released as a single.

Herored - the official site has said in the past that both 'Runaway' and 'Radio' are NEW songs. So as others have said, the 'unreleased' next to 'Radio' in the tracklist is as opposed to 'Runaway', which will have had its single release by the time the GH comes out. It doesn't mean 'Radio' is an old, PREVIOUSLY unreleased song.

Something, somewhere deep, deep inside, that last paragraph I wrote made some sort of sense.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: