jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

"High Times" U.S. Release Dates (DVD & CDs)!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 19:47    Reply with quote

"High Times" U.S. Release Dates (DVD & CDs)!!!
buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Very Happy I got a little good news for all my fellow American Fans whom are still green with envy towards the European and worldwide fans about the impending "High Times" releases Very Happy. I looked around and some U.S. Release dates pertaining to the DVD and CD releases for "High Times" are starting to be listed, here are the links to those listings:

"High Times" CD Release Listings:

AMAZON.COM: http://tinyurl.com/y8epuz
CIRCUITCITY.COM: http://tinyurl.com/yyahnc
BESTBUY.COM: http://tinyurl.com/yx3don

"High Times" DVD Release Listing:

CIRCUITCITY.COM: http://tinyurl.com/y4axe3
BESTBUY.COM: http://tinyurl.com/y5s2fd
*No Listing on Amazon.com for this item yet *

Smile So it is great and very encouraging to see that they are releasing these IMPORTANT Jami Items in the states, both on November 14th Smile! So American fans, chin up, there's practically no time left till we get these bundles of joy! Thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 19:53    Reply with quote

THANK *freakin* GOD for the DVD release!

twins

Thank you Brent - I was driving myself mad over the DVD portion!!

Lovely Heart

*this better not be an import..haha*

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 20:02    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello again, buffaloman_R

Wink Your very welcome sister Deesh, I highly doubt these are IMPORT releases, how do I know Wink? Well, in the first case, CircuitCity and BestBuy DON'T carry import releases UNLESS it's a online purchase. And Amazon would ALWAYS put "Import" in italics if the sales listing was for that item. Very Happy Nevertheless, I'm TOTALLY jazzed right now, and talk about reasonably priced, I think I could very well "bury my hateful hatchet" with Sony/BMG if these prices and releases are CONFIRMED! Thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

P.S. Wink I have of course e-mailed these finds to David, with these sales listing links, so expect a inclusion of this newsitem on Funkin SOON Wink!

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 20:09    Reply with quote

Cool...I'm very excited about the DVD! This news will make so many fans happy...the feeling that many Europeans had about the release is now contagious.

Thanks again Brent!

...and our Best Buy here in Philadelphia carry import CD's and DVD's in the miscellaneous section because they also carry multi-regional DVD players Wink Well, the big one that I go to by my house anyway!

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 20:14    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello again, buffaloman_R

Razz Your still very welcomed Sister Deesh, but oh how you tease me about your "special Best Buys"...ours in Virginia are SO up to date, they just got Beta Tape Players for sale..hehe Razz ! Rolling Eyes Anyway, back to the topic at hand, still it looks like the "limited edition version" of the "High Times" CD Release will remain a European Only release OR I could be wrong and they are just taking a little more time to decide if they want to manufacture a US release of this Rolling Eyes . Very Happy Or maybe they would make that Bonus Remix CD a giveaway or bundle one at select stores, maybe for Best Buy OR the indepentant Record stores Very Happy? Hate to quote a lyric but, "I'm SO EXCITED, and I JUST Can't DENY IT..!" Thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 20:20    Reply with quote

LOL

Have you seen or heard anything about it being on ITunes? That's a stupid question, because I'm sure you would have posted it...but definitely keep a look out for that.

Also, since it may be releasing here - I wonder about promotion for it in the USA? Not so much the concerts and such, but even just media articles and things.

Ahhh well, I guess we'll see.

And those lyrics are "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it" Razz

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 20:27    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello yet again, buffaloman_R

Very Happy Good idea, Sister Deesh, I will check Itunes now, I expect they should have something, even if it's only a small buffaloman icon or something Very Happy. (After a few masterful keystrokes, he logs onto Apple Itunes and sees a menacing picture of K-Fed beckoning him to paydownload his single. Slightly starry-eyed from his baby blue eyes, he shakes his head and heads full force to the Jamiroquai portion of Itunes. Alas, no listings yet for this, but smiles at the listings of the Summer Anthem EPs for new pay download.) Rolling Eyes Nope, not yet sister, but I will keep my eye on Itunes from now on and will let you know when I see otherwise, but I expect they would post it early for video/audio pay download, maybe the first week of November Rolling Eyes . Thanks again and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 20:29    Reply with quote

Smile Okay, I just got off the phone with our Best Buy down the street and yes indeed - they are getting the DVD and CD on the 14th in stores. They said I can come and order now if I like. But it is also in their systems to be in-stores as well as online!

Thanks for keeping an eye on the Itunes and any updates. Much appreciated!

cvr 316

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 04:34    Reply with quote

hey guys can you help me? look i am from peru but i got an aunt who lives in san francisco and is coming to peru for christmas . well my question is .do you have names of well known music stores in san francisco? because i want she brings me the dvd and the cd .so i can tell her where she could buy them

JOIN IT !!!!

deesh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 13:41    Reply with quote

cvr - those names that are in the first post are pretty well known across the country

BEST BUY
CIRCUIT CITY

San Francisco is a big city, so they may have:

VIRGIN MEGASTORE

which is sure to have it.

you can also try the basic's...

WAL-MART
TARGET
KMART - long shot, but try it.

she should just order it online and have it shipped to her. if it comes out on november 14, 2006 - it should be there within 2 weeks, well before christmas.

it'll be no problem finding it anywhere they sell COMMERCIAL, MAINSTREAM, LABELED music.

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 21:23    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello yet again, buffaloman_R

Confused In a weird move, Circuit City.com has taken all their "High Times" listings offline for some reason, but Bestbuy.com DID put up more confirmation by listing the CD release as a 'Remaster' and put up a tracklisting here:

- BESTBUY.COM "High Times" CD Release Listing:
Arrow http://tinyurl.com/yx3don

Rolling Eyes Though Amazon.com still has the same dates, I would think a little concern should emphasized since the CC listings were taken off..but who knows, just reporting what I have seen Rolling Eyes . Thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

mr.az

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 02:05    Reply with quote

i wish the news to latin america come fast as this news come to the united states Very Happy
AFO=AUTOMATON

deesh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 17:51    Reply with quote

USA promotion...doesn't say much new stuff and looks like most is copied from other sources and the official site. It says that we are getting it November 21st however, and also gives a tracklisting and DVD listing - which again could be from the official site/other sources as it pertains to other countries...we'll see.....Just called Best Buy and they still say the 14th!

from Billboard.Com

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003284728

Jamiroquai's Jay Kay

October 18, 2006, 4:20 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Eclectic U.K. group Jamiroquai will be the subject of a retrospective CD and DVD dubbed "High Times," due Nov. 6 internationally and Nov. 21 via Epic. The 19-track "Singles 1992-2006" sports two new songs, "Runaway" and "Radio," while the separately sold DVD boasts 24 clips ranging from early single "When You Gonna Learn" through to the recent "(Don't) Give Hate a Chance."

The video for "Runaway" can be streamed from Jamiroquai's Web site; the track can be purchased as a digital download outside the U.S. via retailers such as iTunes. Meanwhile, Jamiroquai will perform Oct. 25 at London's Jazz Cafe as part of the BBC's Electric Proms series, a five-day event that will also boast sets from the Who, the Raconteurs, James Brown, Fatboy Slim and Damon Albarn's new band, the Good, the Bad & the Queen.

Here is the track list for "High Times: Singles 1992-2006":

"When You Gonna Learn?"
"Too Young To Die"
"Blow Your Mind"
"Emergency on Planet Earth"
"Space Cowboy"
"Virtual Insanity"
"Cosmic Girl"
"Alright"
"High Times"
"Deeper Underground"
"Canned Heat"
"Little L"
"Love Foolosophy"
"Corner of the Earth"
"Feels Just Like It Should"
"Seven Days in Sunny June"
"(Don't) Give Hate a Chance"
"Runaway"
"Radio"

Here is the track list for "High Times: Videos 1992-2006":

"When You Gonna Learn?"
"Too Young To Die"
"Blow Your Mind"
"Emergency on Planet Earth"
"If I Like It I Do It"
"Space Cowboy"
"Half the Man"
"Light Years"
"Stillness in Time"
"Virtual Insanity"
"Cosmic Girl"
"Alright"
"High Times"
"Deeper Underground"
"Canned Heat"
"Supersonic"
"King for a Day"
"Little L"
"You Give Me Something"
"Love Foolosophy"
"Corner of the Earth"
"Feels Just Like It Should"
"Seven Days in Sunny June"
"(Don't) Give Hate a Chance"

Another one stating November 21st that came out today:

http://music.ign.com/articles/740/740302p1.html?forwardform

October 19, 2006 - On November 21st, 2006 Jason Kay and company will release High Times: Singles 1992-2006, a Best Of collection of his band's music.

In addition to featuring 16 of the hit singles that have made Jamiroquai an international sensation, the collection will feature two brand spanking new songs. The new tracks are titled "Radio" and "Runaway," the latter of which will be the lead single from the album.

High Times - Singles 1992-2006 Track Listing
When you Gonna Learn
Too Young To Die
Blow Your Mind
Emergency on Planet Earth
Space Cowboy
Virtual Insanity
Cosmic Girl
Alright
High Times
Deeper Underground
Canned Heat
Little L
Love Foolosophy
Corner of the Earth
Feels Just Like It Should
Seven Days in Sunny June
(Don't) Give Hate A Chance
Runaway
Radio

Last edited by deesh on Fri Sep 19, 2008 19:26; edited 1 time in total

deesh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 21:55    Reply with quote

It's official - Release has been moved for US to 11/21.

cvr 316

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 14:55    Reply with quote

one question. will high times dvd incluide the charlie lighning special? i also se that black capricorn day is not included in the tracklist in us. however, in uk black capricorn day is included . do you know more aboit it?

JOIN IT !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: