jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

"High Times" U.S. Release Dates (DVD & CDs)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  

deesh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 17:52    Reply with quote

cvr 316 wrote:
one question. will high times dvd incluide the charlie lighning special? i also se that black capricorn day is not included in the tracklist in us. however, in uk black capricorn day is included . do you know more aboit it?

Unfortunately, I don't know anything. I hope the DVD has the extras though - that's something I'd really like to see.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

russky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 22:21    Reply with quote

high times cd/dvd jap version
Hi deesh + brent,
i don't know if this is also available in the U.S but it is the japanese version available to pre-order on ebay at the moment and also on eil.com.
It was previously on funkin but the listings were not confirmed, however it looks like runaway 'IS' included on the dvd part which it isnt on other releases.
take a look Arrow http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMIROQUAI-JP-CD-HIGH-TIMES-SINGLES-92-06-DVD-Jp-Only_W0QQitemZ130037250829QQihZ003QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

russky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 22:45    Reply with quote

thicky
Confused sorry guys, i believe you have already mentioned this before!
but there it is for sale anyway!
Embarassed

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 19:09    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello yet again, buffaloman_R

Wink Thanks for the note, Russ, much appreciated, I have been aware of these Ebay sales, though, some of those latter bids are a little TOO HIGH Wink. Sad Anyway, I was slightly bummed about the comfirmed release date delay, but it's completely understandable, at least with the new future prospects of Jamiroquai, we WON'T have to be suspectible to these darn delays Sad. Also, all the beforementioned stateside websites, BestBuy.com/CircuitCity.com (Their listings are back and updated!)/Amazon.com and others have been updated with the new delay release for CD/DVD on November 21st. Very Happy New Jamiroquai releases so near to "turkey day" is really a nice treat, looks like I won't need that blasted cranberry sauce shaped like it's tin can this year...hehe Very Happy! Thanks for listening and thanks again for the note Russ! Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

russky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 16:11    Reply with quote

hi brent
confused Confused
is the U.S version the same as the japanese version or will you be getting the same as the U.K?
i.e - singles, singles - 2disc(special edition) , Dvd
or are you getting the cd/dvd with Runaway version?

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 17:55    Reply with quote

Smile Yeah, I can pretty much understand your confusion Brother Russky, with all these confirmations, new updates, and alternate info popping up everywhere, it can get a bit confusing Smile. Anyway, here's what we're getting, as for release specifics per se, on US releases of "High Times":

ON THE TOPIC OF THE CD RELEASE OF "HIGH TIMES"....
- We are getting the identical tracklisting to the UK CD release of "High Times", ONLY exception being we aren't getting the track "Half The Man" as a bonus track, that's ONLY on the Japanese release.

ON THE TOPIC OF THE DVD RELEASE OF "HIGH TIMES"....
- There hasn't been any confirmed info on the "Bonus Features" for the American "High Times" DVD Releases, as are we getting the 'Charlie Lightening Interview/concert footage...etc." on the UK release, the ONLY Confirmation has been the video tracklisting, which much like the CD release, is identical to the UK DVD release.

Rolling Eyes I'm hoping the U.S. wing of Sony/BMG will get the "bonus features" for the "High Times" DVD sussed out before the release date, cause I have a sinking feeling we may not get all the great features that are on the UK/Japanese release Rolling Eyes . Reason I say that is because Sony/BMG still has a trend of appealing new releases to more friendly and profitable markets, which if you use the "Live In Verona" DVD as a barometer as it has NEVER been released here, means we could continue to be in the doldrums. Wink But I will try to stay positive and keep the thinking that they will treat us American fans with same sharing energy they are showing to all the worldwide fans with these releases. Thanks for listening and I hope this info helps you out Brother Russky Wink! Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

russky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 22:54    Reply with quote

cheers
cheers for clarifying that mate and i will probably order it in the future when it's confirmed.
As for the japanese cd/dvd release thats been ordered!

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 16:21    Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been previously posted:

The Sony Music USA store has them both on sale now also

DVD: http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=114001&skuId=114008

CD:
http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=114004&skuId=114011

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 03:14    Reply with quote

Amazon has the Japanese import cd release for $42.50

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-Jamiroquai/dp/B000I6BKZA/sr=8-3/qid=1162264382/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/102-9487045-5803336?ie=UTF8&s=music

seems a little steep for an import, there is always eBay =)

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 03:30    Reply with quote

deesh wrote:
Sorry if this has been previously posted:

The Sony Music USA store has them both on sale now also

DVD: http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=114001&skuId=114008

CD:
http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=114004&skuId=114011

cheaper than I could find it most places too, so I pre-ordered, thanks deesh

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 14:22    Reply with quote

More USA promotion:

GIANT STEP (there's more to come Wink )

http://www.giantstep.net/releases/1191/

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 18:32    Reply with quote

Very Happy That is great news from the guys over at Giant Step, thanks for the note Sister Deesh Very Happy. To allude back to another discussion, I think the one about the GH promotions in Hungary, I don't think Sony/BMG U.S. will be putting alot of money to promotions...UNLESS the sales of this CD in the UK continue to be STELLAR. But I think a little help from us American fans should and could be in order, that is a forum post promotions campaign for this release, I plan to do some posting around forums I know, music-oriented that is. So if you want to help out fellow American Fans, please post on your favoriter music forums about "High Times", all the info about it, the DVD release and throw a link to the American Official Site, I know, the updates there aren't as fast as they need to be, but it is a good starting point, commerically speaking. I will post further with links to my posts about High Times, thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 22:49    Reply with quote

Smile I looked around the Official American Jamiroquai website and found what appears to be a partial tracklist of the GH DVD Stateside release, here it is (Cut N Pasted from sales site: http://tinyurl.com/y5rrvl
) Smile :

GH DVD TRACKLIST:

1. When You Gonna Learn? (Audio Bed)
2. Canned Heat (Audio Bed)
3. When You Gonna Learn? (Audio Bed)
4. Space Cowboy (Audio Bed)
5. Cosmic Girl (Audio Bed)
6. Deeper Underground (Audio Bed)
7. Little L (Audio Bed)
8. (Don't) Give Hate A Chance (Audio Bed)
9. When You Gonna Learn?
10. Too Young To Die
11. Blow Your Mind
12. Emergency On Planet Earth
13. If I Like It I Do It
14. Space Cowboy
15. Half The Man
16. Light Years
17. Stillness In Time
18. Virtual Insanity
19. Cosmic Girl
20. Alright
21. High Times
22. Deeper Underground
23. Canned Heat
24. Supersonic
25. King For A Day
26. Little L
27. You Give Me Something
28. Love Foolosophy
29. Corner Of The Earth
30. Feels Just Like It Should
31. Seven Days In Sunny June
32. (Don't) Give Hate A Chance
33. Making Of a Little L Video
38. Chapter 1 - Interview with Jay kay
39. Chapter 2 - Interview with Jay Kay
40. Chapter 2 - Interview with Jay Kay
41. Chapter 2 - Interview with Jay Kay
44. Chapter 3 - Interview with Jay Kay
45. Chapter 3 - Interview with Jay Kay
46. Chapter 3 - Interview with Jay Kay
48. Chapter 3 - Interview with Jay Kay
50. Chapter 4 - Interview with Jay Kay
52. Chapter 4 - Interview with Jay Kay
54. The Lost J- Wave Interview

Now, I don't know what to make of those JK interviews but it appears the U.S. release WON'T have the Charlie Lightening footage UNLESS it is yet to be noted. But let's see if they change it in the coming week or 2, thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

deesh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 22:54    Reply with quote

Promotion here probably won't be high - I'm guessing the same as Dynamite or a little less. Media outlets are writing about the release, but I think they are just spitting out the press release with their own words, which is to be expected since they are songs that are already out. Hopefully Jay will do some interviews for the American press - if not, oh well..it's all good.

I asked about this in another post discussing the DVD in particular.
I think what I was told is that the Charlie Lightning Extras ARE those interviews. Wink

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 21:55    Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Hehe, sorry, my mistake as always Sister Deesh, thanks for the clarification Rolling Eyes . But this still nags me a little that they didn't note the "Runaway" Video in the DVD tracklisting. Does this mean they forgot to note it OR are we NOT getting this video on the stateside DVD release? If the latter is true, then Booooooo to them. Smile But I am content I will have these great "rearranged contentual" Jamiroquai releases in my grimy hands in nearly less than a week, I plan on some great new pictures to be taken of me proudly showing them off.....so photoshoppers, get your "Ronald McDonald" images ready to mod my ugly mug into a happy clown....HEHE Smile. Very Happy I'm also hopeful that my local independant record store chain will have a free tie-in with these releases too, a new Jamiroquai release NEVER went by WITHOUT a freebie Very Happy! Wink Thanks again for the clarification Sister Deesh and will report back when I see more developments with these impending releases Wink! Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: