jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

"High Times" U.S. Release Dates (DVD & CDs)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 23:48    Reply with quote

Brent, we don't have Runaway on our version either. Or if we do it's hidden somewhere and I, for one, haven't found it yet.

It would've been nice, but I shan't cry about it. I'd have paid a tenner for the Space Cowboy, Stillness In Time and Virtual Insanity videos, so to get all the rest as well is great!

Sam

deesh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 13:47    Reply with quote

After a looooooooong night of teaching, I got home and found this:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (35227 KB) is 512 x 384 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Since the announcement of this release, I've been ripping open every envelope from Giant Step just waiting for it to be this! Although it's just the CD, I was very happy to get it. So much I ripped the promo leaflet inside...oops:

OH WELL! Much shocked me while listening to it actually, but the best thing I've found so far is the writing inside...and this part

"Seriously, how times change. In 1993 singing about the pillaging of the planet, ending illegal wars, and cancelling third world debt got you laughed at, today it'd get you a knighthood."

That's powerful.

Also, Congrats to David for getting a mention again!

Anyway...so I'm a happy girl, but next week I'll be beaming with the DVD!

No sweat on the Runaway - at this point, I'll just take what I can get and be cool with it.... Wink

Deja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 14:02    Reply with quote

Deesh,
AFO hat what a nice surprise sing

I still have to get mine so didn't know what is written inside, I'm really curious about it! Very Happy

Vere

SweDanFunk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 16:02    Reply with quote

Is it just me having it in a nice paper box or is it the special edition cd only?

/DanielR

deesh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 21:25    Reply with quote

More US promotion via Epic:

http://www.epicrecords.com/news/index.html

deesh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 21:33    Reply with quote

Giant Step competition for CD (closes December 13):

http://www.giantstep.net/contests/346/

ezzi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 22:34    Reply with quote

SweDanFunk wrote:
Is it just me having it in a nice paper box or is it the special edition cd only?

/DanielR

I got the special edition cd too and mine comes in a paper box too. I'm seeing the other one for the first time now of Deesh's picture. I thought they were all paper boxes but apparantly they're not.

My DVD is a paper cover too.

deesh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 19:04    Reply with quote

$3.00 OFF
As seen at Funkin, Giant Step and Sony Music:

For a limited time, order Jamiroquai's High Times: Singles 1992 - 2006 CD together with the High Times DVD at SonyMusicStore.com and get $3 off your order when you use the coupon code "HIGHTIMES" (limit one $3 discount per order).

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 02:16    Reply with quote

Re: $3.00 OFF
deesh wrote:
As seen at Funkin, Giant Step and Sony Music:

For a limited time, order Jamiroquai's High Times: Singles 1992 - 2006 CD together with the High Times DVD at SonyMusicStore.com and get $3 off your order when you use the coupon code "HIGHTIMES" (limit one $3 discount per order).

thats what I get for ordering early (damn you sony!!!!!!!! )

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 01:29    Reply with quote

Re: $3.00 OFF
deesh wrote:

Gosh... anyone would think they're struggling to sell it in the States... but ALREADY?!

Sam

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 18:46    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello yet again, buffaloman_R

Twisted Evil Only 2 more days till my whetted appetite for new Jamiroquai releases is sustained...I have entered that Giant Step contest, thanks for the info as always Sister Deesh ( Sad Gives a honest look to Sisters Deesh wondering if she can get him a HT CD promo too Sad ) Twisted Evil. Anyway.. Smile that is great news of that bonus video found on the DVD, I just knew they would throw something "special" on there Smile.... Confused even if it's just the BCD video Confused . And in regards to that $3 discount on SonyMusicStore sale of HT, that is a really stupid idea, my meaning being that they would think that these releases would be THAT MUCH of a hard sell in the States. The American fans will BUY these, regardless of the fringes, I just think it was some discount idea that was too late in being properly implemented. Wink Thanks again Sister Deesh and everyone for your posts....will have some new pictures to post soon Wink! Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

deesh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 20:38    Reply with quote

You're welcome Brent! Trying to look out for my fellow Yanks!

Here is something else lovely on the Giant Step site...The promo commercial for the album...

http://www.giantstep.net/releases/1191/

Scroll down to the still life 'Canned Heat' photo of Jay and click on that movie...If it stalls, then right click and save it.

Keep watching that site. A show review and CD review will be up this week in celebration of the release!

The relationship between Giant Step and Jamiroquai go back to the very beginning. The brass and percussion section pre-Derrick used to wear Giant Step t-shirts to perform. So it's cool to see GS still in the mix a bit.

I'm rambling....Enjoy!

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 21:20    Reply with quote

Very Happy Cool, thanks for the insightful links Sister Deesh, much appreciated as always Very Happy. Razz I just got a e-mail from one of my independant record store friends, they just got a used copy of HT CD on hold for me, apparently someone sold them a promo, I will be picking this first gem tomorrow, expect a picture of me with it probably tomorrow Razz . Thanks again and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 21:53    Reply with quote

(After watching 30 second American HT commerial spot on Giant Step) Smile Hmmm, that commerical is pretty effective since it pushes the ONLY 2 Jamiroquai songs any normal American music fan WOULD know, thanks again for that find Sister Deesh Smile. I uploaded this commerical on YouTube so all can see, you can view it here:

American High Times 30 Second Commerical Spot:
Arrow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8clVBi0JQfs

There you go, happy viewing and see you tomorrow!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 21:05    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello again, buffaloman_R

Very Happy After ambling around like a drunken Mel Gibson at my first job, I got off and ran as quick as I could to my local record store and picked up my HT CD promo today, and ooohhh...is it shiny, still sealed Very Happy! A picture of yours truly holding aloft this gem is what I promised and yee shall behold above....you might notice my left hand's thumb is bandaged, I cut it at work, but rehabbing it alright. Thanks for listening, happy photo-shopping and see you by Tuesday with another picture!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: