jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 02:00    Reply with quote

I had this last year for a little while, and then it went away. Now it's back.

When I come to Jamirotalk and there are quite a few new posts (if I've been away for more than a day or so), I go through each forum, systematically reading the ones that are coloured orange. But lately, at some point in the 'Jamily' or 'Band Members' threads (I start from the BOTTOM, with 'Offtopic', and work my way up), the orange tabs to indicate newness disappear, and I'm left with a forum on which I can't see which posts are new without looking at date and time signatures (which is possible, obviously, but kind of drawn out when all I want to do is see quickly which threads have new posts).

Is this a problem with the server, or with my net settings (I've not changed them in the last few days, so I can't think how it could be)? Anyone else have this happen to them?

Sam

lilyjammer
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 08:08    Reply with quote

Sam, I thought it was just me! I do the same as you, start at the bottom, then when I'm somewhere around the middle (I think it usually happens when I leave the Jay Kay or Bandmembers section) all the orange unread tags turn to white.

Confused

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 08:12    Reply with quote

If you detect something like that please let us know as soon as possible. This can be the result of forum software updates we do regularily. I'll forward this to Miran!

Mouse

funkmaster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 19:51    Reply with quote

Re: New posts going blank
Samiroquai wrote:
But lately, at some point in the 'Jamily' or 'Band Members' threads (I start from the BOTTOM, with 'Offtopic', and work my way up), the orange tabs to indicate newness disappear, and I'm left with a forum on which I can't see which posts are new without looking at date and time signatures

Hm, unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem. Most probably it has not to do with the server or with the forum software. If the problem appeared recently, it also has not to do with an update - the last update was some moths ago (August?).

To find out the reason for this strange behaviour, please try to immediately remember the last 2 or 3 steps you have made, before stepping in this "trap", if it happens next time - and report it here! Knowing your type of browser and operating system (including version) would also be helpful.

And, maybe you want to download and use an alternative browser (Firefox, Netscape) and see, if the problem apperas there, too.

Miran

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 00:15    Reply with quote

Re: New posts going blank
funkmaster wrote:
If the problem appeared recently, it also has not to do with an update - the last update was some moths ago (August?).

It's happened a few times before as well. Before, I always put it down to my system, but the new recurrence made me wonder...

funkmaster wrote:
To find out the reason for this strange behaviour, please try to immediately remember the last 2 or 3 steps you have made, before stepping in this "trap", if it happens next time - and report it here! Knowing your type of browser and operating system (including version) would also be helpful.

I'm on AOL 9.0, and until today had Internet Explorer... whichever the previous version was before the brand-spanking-new update which came out a day or two ago. But I always view 'talk through the AOL window (I know it's still IE's browser, it's just easier to manage, I find). Operating system is XP Service Pack 2...

If it happens again, I'll report it right away! Thanks Miran (and Meike).

Sam

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 00:42    Reply with quote

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It just happened again! I'm surfing this forum and talking to a mate on MSN, nothing else. Got halfway through the 'Jamily' forum and the 'new message' icons have gone again... Plus when I came up here and hit 'reply' to write this message, I was asked to log in again before I could do so (odd)...

Sam

Marina
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 01:19    Reply with quote

why dont u try to start from the top instead of the bottom.. just an idea Rolling Eyes

or maybe the "view post since last visit" function
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: