jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

[07 MAR 2007] - London, Scala, UK - secret INTEL gig
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 14:00    Reply with quote

Hello all,
I was on holiday the last 2 weeks and today I couln't stop reading all your reviews Razz Thanx for sharing your impressions and emotions - you made my day!!! Reading it makes me feel like I met you all personally 2grouphug Just love it!!!
4butterfly

FunkyDonkey
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 08:42    Reply with quote

An artwork for this gig is available here.

sally

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 22:16    Reply with quote

i've just read all the reviews, omg russ you had my dream day out. jay kay with fast cars. it took me a while to catch up with everything but thanks to everyone for taking the time to write such good reviews Very Happy

LittleEm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 14:05    Reply with quote

Second Hello and Thankyou …………… and this time sorry
Firstly I need to apologise. I came on here about 2 weeks ago… said Hello & Thankyou and then buggered off!!! Sorry!!!! Embarassed I have had the busiest two weeks, my job has been somewhat taking over my life and in a way… it’s kinda helped but in another it’s not.

So I have to admit to feeling like an intruder, but Ms P and a few others have said to go ahead and post on here. I know I won’t come anywhere near being able to explain as well as the others about the gig, but here’s hoping I can put into words just what it meant for me.

I can’t really explain just how the gig affected me without maybe telling you a bit about me… being I am new here. So I’m gonna split this as not to bore you… so if you just wanna read about the actual gig then go straight to part 4 (although pt 4 may not make any sense without reading the others but never mind Wink)

Parts 1 – 3 I’m posting elsewhere cos I just don’t know where is appropriate – so please move if in the wrong place

Part 1 (me and my jamiro-history)
Part 2 (a few weeks leading up to the gig)
Part 3 (questioning life and faith)

http://www.jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97889#97889

Part 4 – The gig
Here’s my account of the Scala gig - from my myspace blog again now with names edited in of you wonderful people who made my night

Date - 16 Mar 2007
Blog title: A shining light in a dark time…..
Current Mood: Jumbled Up

……. well not much of a blog title, but it was all I could come up with. I don’t know how else to explain the last few weeks that have gone. I googled the word ‘nemesis’, as in the ride at Alton Towers, it was the first rollercoaster I could think of. But if I’m honest, it’s the word ‘rollercoaster’ that best describes the emotions I have felt these last few weeks.

I started the week pretty numb still. Work was still busy and I had an event last Tuesday, the 6th. The fake smile was out on show for the clients. I got good at that a year ago or so ago, the fake smile thing. But it had been a real smile for the last 6 months or so until three weeks ago.

So I need to take you back to my ‘Interlude’ blog a little while ago, under the word ‘Woohoo’, I wrote the following; “So I had some luck today, but I'm not going to jinx it, so I don't wanna write too much on here. But I just had to give a wooohoooooooooooo!!!! And bring on those High Times!! (not a drug reference I promise)”

Well I entered a competition (again) through the Jamiroquai website, for various prizes. The top being a Hugo Boss makeover, the second a day at a race track with 12 others and the band, and runner up prizes of tickets to an intimate gig. So anyway, this girl here, was lucky enough (again) to win some gig tickets.

I won these before Dave passed. And even though it was an amazing prize, I went into that week obviously not feeling as happy about it as I was before. But the one thing I know, is that Dave lived his life fully, enjoyed what was sent his way, even the challenges. But I also remembered he loved his music. He had an I-Pod well before I knew anyone else had one. I remember him showing me the track listing years ago, and I realised how much of a wide range of musical taste he had… I know he’d be looking down on me saying “Go to the gig, dance your socks off and enjoy it for the night”.

So on Wednesday the 7th, I headed up to Scala in Kings Cross. I took a mate, he’s a big jamiroquai fan too. The doors opened at 7pm and the band was due on stage at 8.30pm. We got there for 7pm, and there was a small queue of no more than 50 people. We got in, I gave my name and grabbed my ticket. When we got into the actual club, I realised, just how ‘intimate’ this gig would be and because of our early timing we were stood second row. The mic was no more than 10 feet from me. It filled up slowly and I made friends with the people in front. They were really nice and some of them from all over Europe (the Jamily). Two were from the UK, a nice friendly guy and lovely girl, they were in front of me, the fact the girl (MsP) was my height was a huge encouragement to me being I am only 5’2” and usually get stuck behind someone at least 5’10”.

The guy from the uk (Russky) and his friend (Jonas).. (I didn’t find out where he was from), well they had been lucky enough to win the race day tickets and told us all about their day out, I admit I was a little envious (in a nice way!) but this was what I had really wanted to see….. my favourite band in an intimate gig.

So … the time came, they came on stage, and well and truly rocked the place. For an hour and a half, my real smile was back. In my heart I was still sad, but if anything that made me want to absorb a once in a lifetime experience as much as I could.

About half an hour before the end, this girl and her friend headed to the bar. She grabbed me and pushed me in her place. So I was at the front and in the middle, best possible view ever for me. I couldn’t believe it. They didn’t make it back for 15 mins. When they did get back I moved to let her in the gap I tried to keep in front of me, she stood there for two minutes, then shoved me back to the front. Said she’d been standing there most of the night and I should go there now…(yay at the small people of the world looking out for each other)… There I was… smack bang in the middle of the crowd in the front row… WOOOHOOOOO!!!

It might sound funny, but looking back now, I kinda think of her as an angel…. She didn’t and won’t ever know what her kind gesture did for me that night…. How happy it made me. Sometimes I wonder if kind people are sent just at the right time you need to know there is still good in what can be such a cold cruel world?

……..anyway……. I was seriously having one of those ‘oh my god… is this really happening moments?!?!’. It truly was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. Needless to say I was happy for that night, the smile on my face truly returned, not the fake one I had had on recently. I didn’t want the night to end, I met some lovely new people with the same passion for the music as me, they danced their socks off too, so I didn’t look an idiot shaking my stuff and loosely throwing my arms a bit around. (I had pre-warned the people all around me that I may become a bit over-excited and grin a lot… they seemed ok with it).

After a wicked set, and some of my favourite songs, including one off the latest Album, Time Won’t Wait, I was blown away by just how good they are live and that close up. I’ve found since all the fans reviews on a good forum, and they’ve all pretty much said they were on top form that night. The fact I was able to be at one of their best gigs and that are now taking a break for a year, made me realise just how lucky I was to have won tickets. I dunno if it was just because they knew it was their last evening, or if they’re that good all the time, but they really put their hearts into it.

So all in all… I really enjoyed the evening. It was a great night and a good happy memory to look back at. I got home that night, and although I was buzzing and still smiling, I knew I had another busy day at work and then, ……….. it was going to be Friday ………………

(end)

As you may notice – I didn’t go into just how the different tracks made me feel as I had so much else to say on just how the emotion of it all affected me. I was on another planet for the whole evening thoroughly enjoying myself and happy in the knowledge I’d met such wonderful people (you guys - the jamily)

Again I can’t really put into words just what this evening meant to me, I just know it in my heart. It’s funny how music can mean so much and how people… no matter how much of a stranger they might be to you, can be the nicest people you could meet.

So again I say hello & thankyou 6thanks . You’ve all made me feel so welcome and I feel truly honoured to have met you all.

Little Em x

Last edited by LittleEm on Sat Mar 24, 2007 14:14; edited 1 time in total

Ms.P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 14:13    Reply with quote

2 Kissing (will just keep kissing you Em until my head clears)

LittleEm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 14:35    Reply with quote

Thank you Ms P and for making me feel so welcome, enough for me to ramble away on here as well as myspace Comfort the Poor Boy - gentle hugs for your sore head xxxx

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 14:42    Reply with quote

welcome here little em! thank you or your review Very Happy

***STONED AGAIN***

LittleEm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 15:21    Reply with quote

Thank you Jamirokaki for your kind welcome... Jamirotalk is a great place to be!!! Very Happy

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 15:52    Reply with quote

Hei Em!!!!
I really enjoyed readin ur review!
Great !
HAVE FUN WITH US! Razz

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

LittleEm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 17:31    Reply with quote

Thanks Fra... i was a little worried of putting my whole life out there.. but you guys are all so welcoming!

Muchos gracias again everyone

(I know.... i say thanks a lot) Laughing

Emms

braquet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 19:08    Reply with quote

you're welcome little em and tank you for your post so cool

Last edited by braquet on Sat Mar 24, 2007 21:27; edited 1 time in total

russky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 21:21    Reply with quote

i know this is off-topic but do you know hinge?

braquet?

steffenfunk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 21:58    Reply with quote

haha...whoever they are russ mate...be it man/animal/vegetable...they're making a right BRAQUET...hehe Smile

russky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 23:11    Reply with quote

Cheers em!

wondefully written and heartfelt - it's good to see you here Very Happy

Space Clav
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 07:24    Reply with quote

Great review Em. Good to see you here! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: