jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Best Jamiroquai concert ever???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

dannyev

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 20:44    Reply with quote

Best Jamiroquai concert ever???
Hey guys. I was wondering everyone's favourite ever Jamiroquai gig was and why? In my opinion the best ever Jamiroquai gig was the Carling Homecoming gig, the intimate gig in which only 300 people attended on May 15th, 2002. Tickets could only be won via the Carling website. This fact of a special gig not only made it special, but the actual setlist was fantastic: High Times, Cosmic Girl, When You Gonna Learn?, Too Young To Die, Little L, Space Cowboy, Corner Of The Earth, Virtual Insanity, Travelling Without Moving, Alright, Love Foolosophy and Deeper Underground. An amazing setlist to say the least. Because of the fact that this gig was played in Ealing, the place where Jay grew up, the crowd was treated to two very special performances of When You Gonna Learn and Too Young To Die plus the new (at the time) ending to Love Foolosophy was played at this gig for the first ever time. High Times was also played for the first time for a while at this gig. The band were really feeding of the unbelievable atmosphere generated by 300 amazed fans and this rubbed off as the band were on the form of there life and the songs sounded absolutely superb and the performance of Deeper Underground to finish off was simply mindblowing. This gig was also the first ever gig of Matt Johnson (Toby Smith's replacement of keyboardist) and he filled in as if Toby hadn't gone and hats off to him for learning the required keyboard playing for all the songs played in just 2 WEEKS! UNFORTUNATELY, WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW BRILLIANT THIS GIG WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that any other J.Talk members reading who attneded will agree because I know i'm right. This was a tremendous gig and I would do anything to relive the feeling I had throughout that gig cus' it was something special. Jamiroquai after that gig were now also known as God's gift to music so thank you God for bringing these incredible musicians into the world. So on a final note I ask all other fans, what has been your favourite gig ever by the band and why? it will be interesting to hear your thought and hopefully this sublime gig will get a mention!

Thanks for reading and congratulations on being a fan of the best band in the world!!!!!

Would you like, to walk the sunny avenues of life???? (Taken from 'Shoot the Moon')

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 20:18    Reply with quote

My fav gig...
buffaloman_R Hello, :bm_r:

Well, that's a hard question for some fans like me who have only seen Jamiroquai live once. But I have seen ALOT of Jam gigs on VCD through great online Jamiroquai trading. But my fav gig would have to be a tie between Club Citta 93' and Milano 93'. The both gigs were also awesome, and at a time when Jamiroquai was in rare form that you don't see them in these days. The playing of early new songs like "Space Clav", "Let Me Believe", "The Kids" and many others made the shows extra sweet. I hope in the future to see Jamiroquai live, but for now, I can marvel at the live brilliance of Jamiroquai...at home Smile! Thanks for listening and Peace Wink!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Adidas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:54    Reply with quote

BEST CONCERT EVER
[b]To me, the best concert ever is Paradiso Amsterdam in '93.
This was the first time my parents aloud me to go to a concert, just because they knew they couldn't forbid me. I had to be there, no matter what!

The best thing of that evening was that I got a joint (cigarette with marihuana in it) from Jay himself after the whole band (besides Toby) smoked from it. I smoked it and the tip I framed with a picture from Jay.

The worse thing about that evening was that before the concert began, we wanted to have a drink at a bar across the street. As we crossed the street, 2 guys came walking towards us. As they passed me, I thought to myself, what a formilliar faces these guys had, but still no bell rang Laughing .

As we entered the bar I shocked the hell out of there, 'cos the 'formilliar faced gusy' were Toby Smith and Stuart Zender of Jamiroquai. AND I WALKED TOWARDS THEM WITHOUT RECOGNISING THEM IMMEDIATELY!!! HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE!

I just totally not expected them to be OUT there, in the wild.
So when we came back at Paradiso, we went to the backstagedoor and saw/hear them soundcheck. At the time we could let Jay notice we were standing there just by screaming to him, we got caught by a security-guard. So, again no luck.

You understand that my biggest wish is, to meet JAY. I understand there are many with me, but it's so shit that I was this close, but just didn't had a lucky day on that level.
Crying or Very sad

Put the needle on it!!

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 20:31    Reply with quote

Oh wow!!!
buffaloman_R Hello again, buffaloman_R

Shocked Sorry to go offtopic here but....damn...Adidas, AMAZING NEW BANNER Shocked ! Wink Really quite beautiful it is...makes me..almost Crying or Very sad ! Sorry, I'm just a very emotional guy....*Wipes happy tears out of eyes*. Wink Amazing new banner and lovely new picture avator Wendy...I know I'll be dreaming about this Wink! Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

cheeeba lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 09:16    Reply with quote

Club Citta 93' definetly,it was so much fun and full of funk;the best version of "tighten up" with lots of scatting...but the audio quality of the songs are bad Crying or Very sad

EvoV

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:13    Reply with quote

cheeeba lover wrote:
Club Citta 93' definetly,it was so much fun and full of funk;the best version of "tighten up" with lots of scatting...but the audio quality of the songs are bad Crying or Very sad

U take all that i want to say ,out off my head! Firenze 93 is also very good!
Is very hard to choose ,what was the best performance of Jamiroquai cause the band got good shows.. nervously ok i say:
Jamiroquai - Montreux 95

Adidas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 14:06    Reply with quote

For the people who have the Bootleg "Funky Paradise", Live in Paradiso, Amsterdam:

You can hear me on the song Blow your mind....yes, that's me screaming my longs out! Laughing

Put the needle on it!!

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 01:59    Reply with quote

No people... you're wrong.. the best Jamiroquai concerts were The Phoenix Festival 1997 and the McLaren Launch Festival!!!!

it's very very exciting to hear Sola doing this.... A Percussion Solo by Sola!!! hahahaha

And this one is of the Use the Force they played in the McLaren Launch Festival... the people were crazy in that track!! it was very exciting.. i wanted to be there with them.... Crying or Very sad

jamirolive.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 15:00    Reply with quote

For me the best concert ever would be MIlan 2001 or Australia 2002, the new oddysey.

I choose those concerst first for the track listing and second for the people. I think that the enjoyed a lot....

Wink

Supersonic1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 17:03    Reply with quote

My favorite is an odd one-Katowice 2002. It had a much longer version of Bad Girls with some great solos by Rob and it had one of my favorite AFO songs, Corner of the Earth. It was so atmospheric, really made me feel like I was in a forest. The audio's not the best, but it sounded more toned-down than the big arena shows that I have (Hamburg 01, bits and pieces of Wembley 99). It was a change of pace and I liked that about this show.

They really need to play COTE, Butterfly, and Planet Home more live. Just my humble opinion. Wink
"...I feel that Jamiroquai needs to be taken to another stage now. It really does. Otherwise, I have to be honest, I can see a situation where...there is a possibility that you become lost in the annals of acid jazz history." -- Jason Kay

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 04:24    Reply with quote

The best concert is "Live in Verona".... the DVD... all... great! The tracklisting is great!!! Jay dances... the public... wow... unbelievable!!!

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 05:47    Reply with quote

eh eh eh ......"i'm singing in the rain....!!!" 3umbrella

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:34    Reply with quote

And do you remember when a guy from the public was trying to say Hi to Jay, but the guy was so annoying, and then Jay said "NOOOOO". Hahahahahahh that makes me laugh everytime i see that part of the video...

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:51    Reply with quote

Yes!!!!! So funny! I remember everything of that concert! I think i 've seen it 30 times!!!!!!!! (more or less!!!!!!!) Wink

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

cheeeba lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:52    Reply with quote

i hate when that guy kisses his hand... bigeye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: