jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Monkey Business (CZE)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tlum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 03:40    Reply with quote

Monkey Business (CZE)
He there,

specially YOU (Dyego, ...) folks from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Next weekend there will be Personal Fest at Buenos Aires and I promise to do some advertisement here of our (Czech) band Monkey Business which will be there also. Today, they have a concert for newspapers stuff in club La Trastienda (they have no idea when exactly). 8.12.2007 they have their one and only public concert in Argentina as part of the Personal Fest (from 19:20 to 20:05).

Please, specially if you are going to see the festival - support the band - you will never regret. Unfortunately the conditions of the stage means no didgeridoo player as same as no brass section, but I saw them this summer in very same composition with sampling didgeridoo and it was wonderful and specially - very powerful too!

For more information I recommended you their MySpace pages full of their videos or downloadable music from their last CD called Objects Of Desire And Other Complications. They do more dance music than Jamiroquai I think. Matthew Ruppert, a lead singer, is really good entertainer. A band leader, Roman Holy (keyboards), is personification of funk in Czech Republic. No one produce more songs in that genre than him here. They released their 4th CD called Kiss Me On My Ego in Argentina through Alerta!Discos

So please take a time to see if this is stand for or not.

Nice weekend anyway!

Last edited by Tlum on Thu Feb 05, 2009 13:26; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tlum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 04:02    Reply with quote

And the bootleg from from radio show from June 2007 in (Medium Quality; .wma format)

two
parts

Playlist:
01. "Start Speech"
02. A Song For All Nations
03. Partyshit
04. We Feel Better Than Jan Hus
05. Allah Took My Tartar Sauce
06. Save The Robots
07. Artistic Suicide
08. "Opera singing"
09. Boner
10. We Luv Ya (& Solidarnost)
11. Amp on 11
12. I Can't Stand The Rain (Tina Turner cover)
13. Branded
14. Sweet Masturbation
15. Kit Bike
16. God Is A Goalie
17. Atheism Is Not A Crime
18. Time For The Payback
19. Intercooler
20. Monkey Town
21. Weekend Warrior
22. Slim Jim (+ Audience)
23. My Friends
24. Saturday Night Is Over
25. Piece Of My Life

The Boner (09) made the night (for me)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tlum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 04:14    Reply with quote

Their last CD cover Wink
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (62296 KB) is 600 x 594 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Their live concert photo (with real picture from Roman`s iMac! Wink )
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (39973 KB) is 600 x 450 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Metthew Ruppert, Fred Wesley (Is it really him? Wink ), Tonya Graves
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (35232 KB) is 600 x 398 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

YES, it IS!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (48399 KB) is 600 x 720 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

MissyM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 04:56    Reply with quote

that first cover.. Shocked
haha.. Laughing

Have fun at the Personal Fest guys.. looks like fun!

Tlum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 01:19    Reply with quote

Photos here!

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 03:52    Reply with quote

Yeah Tlum. Monkey Business it's a great band. They've got a bit hard funky sound, at least for the tunes that I've heard.

"Kiss Me On My Ego" it was the present for my sister's husband of mine in this Christmas.

Tlum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 02:55    Reply with quote

Wow - look what I found...

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (79878 KB) is 700 x 859 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

According to these two articles (interviews with band leader Roman Holý - on the photograph above) Monkey Business had offer to be a warm up band for Jamiroquai on (it seems) A Funk Odyssey tour!

1st article (in Czech; February 2001):
Quote:
Nemáte sami chuť zkusit hrát někde venku, delší šnůry?
Chuť by byla, samozřejmě, to je jako kdybys chtěl vědět jestli nemám chuť vyspat se s Madonnou, jenže o to tady nejde. Firma na tom pracuje, jsou i příznivé ohlasy na naši desku a klip od nejrůznějších lidí, ale prostě to nějak nefunguje. My jsme měli jet turné s Jamiroquai a taky to nevyšlo. Je to i otázka štěstí, peněz, kontaktů.

In English:
Quote:
Don`t you have your own flavour to play abroad, longer tour?
Flavour of course exist - it`s like you want to know if I want to sleep with Madonna or not but there is no possibilities. Publish company working on it and there are also many good reviews of our last CD from different people (it means important people) but it doesn`t work. We had opportunity to had a tour with Jamiroquai but it never happened. It is also a question of luck, money, right contacts...

2nd article (in Slovak; June 2003):
Quote:
Tak mi napadá... Prečo vám vlastne nevyšlo to spoločné turné s Jamiroquai?
"Jednoducho to bolo pre nás technicky i finančne neúnosné. Skrátka sme si nemohli dovoliť zaplatiť každý týždeň letenky do Londýna pre celú kapelu, nástroje a štáb. Možno by to bola dobrá investícia, ktorá by sa trebárs aj vyplatila, no nám sa to vtedy zdalo byť príšerne drahé."

In English:
Quote:
It cames on my mind... Why the tour with Jamiroquai never happened?
Easily there were technical and financial difficulties. We couldn`t afford to pay our flights for whole band, instruments and crew. Maybe it would be a good investment to our future but we considered it`s too expensive for us at that time...

Wow - I know Roman quite well and I trust his words. There is probability that I meet him in near future so I`ll ask him about that topic. Truth is that Monkey Business had their 50 minutes live set before Jamiroquai back in 2002 when the band was being in Prague...

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 05:15    Reply with quote

hey...interesting date...

Guly,
from Miskatonic University.

Tlum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 19:50    Reply with quote

And video from Personal Fest...

Tlum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 00:42    Reply with quote

So in yesterday article Roman answer the question and we have final denouement...

Quote:
A co svézt se s někým jako předkapela?
Měli jsme jet kdysi jako předkapela části turné Jamiroquai, nabídli nám to po našem společným hraní v Praze. Byla tam jen jedna podmínka, a to zcela běžná, pro nás však nemyslitelná, že si budeme veškerý náklady na cestu a ubytování platit sami. A to turné nebylo v kuse. Tak jsme si spočítali, že jen na letenkách a transferech bysme milion korun projeli. Víš kolik bysme za to natočili klipů?

In English:
Quote:
And what about to be a warming up for some other band?
We had offer in the past to be a warming up for Jamiroquai at some part of their tour - they offered it to us after our common playing in Prague. But there was one requirement, wholly usual but for us unthinkable - that we had to pay all cost for our trips between the cities and accommodations by ourselves. And that part of tour wasn`t without let-up. So we calculated that for flight tickets and transfers we could lost 1 million Czech crowns (cca $65000 nowadays). Do you imagine how many videoclips could be shooted with that amount? (in fact Monkey Business is Czech most videoclip shooter band ever - they have been shooting clips mostly for 5 or 6 songs from every each album)

Tlum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 22:15    Reply with quote

Tlum wrote:
Their last CD cover Wink
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (62296 KB) is 600 x 594 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Monkey Business won (with the album above) 4 Czech (like Grammy) Awards - best pop & dance album, best videoclip, best male singer and of course best album cover Wink

Tlum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 13:10    Reply with quote

Monkey Business has a new album called Twilight of Jesters? comming to stores in February 09.

Tracklist:
1) Who killed my libido?
2) MJ is 50
3) Kings of Discotheque
4) Nuremberg
5) ID Song (feat. Ashley Slater)
6) Fatal Tempo
7) Wedding Song
8 ) London Dealing (feat. Ashley Slater)
9) Twilight of Jesters
10) Gumball (feat. Glenn Hughes)
11) Pils and Girls
12) History of Pathos (feat. Glenn Hughes)
13) Bob Marley's Soccer Shoes

..and they are planning touring Argentina again (late during this year)!

Tlum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 13:25    Reply with quote

Ok, Ashley Slater just release his last album Cellophane for free via sendspace (see his Facebook status if you don`t belive me!), so here is the link..

Arrow http://www.sendspace.com/file/mn5322

+ as I previously wrote he has a guest appereance in 2 songs from the new Monkey Business CD called Twilight Of Jesters? - it will be released on 22nd February this year.

First song is called ID Song and soon or later there will also B a video for it (I actually know the story behind and it will B good and funny as hell if it will B done that way!!! Very Happy ), second one is London Dealing (here is a little snippet from the demo (demo means not mastered yet) of that song - only audio, video is from the filming of the first single from that album called Who Killed My Libido?).

He wrote the lyrics, co-wrote the music, sing his lyrics and also play his trombone in the second song.

Whole album is full of dance songs and so - I actually have one for the review..

mr.az

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 16:56    Reply with quote

interesting

i wanna know more
AFO=AUTOMATON

Tlum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 15:04    Reply with quote

HEY!!!
Every Londoners - Monkey Business (MBs) have their London stop this year.

On 19th May they have concert at Cargo club in London as guests of Jimi Tenor! (link to the Cargo pages)

Please come and see them if you`ll have time! It will be fun! I write the e-mail to their manager to know more info if there will be anyone interested in it!

And meanwhile you can see some youtube video/audio from their latest album/tour.

There is an audio for the song Gumball with Glenn Hughes on vocals and with (for me) incredible phrase sang by Dan Bárta (best singer in our land, he won Czech Grammys again this year and he is not officially part of MBs) - fá vá v la fa fá, vlá vá v la fa fá, vláv Wink - at the 2nd part of the song.
You can see a snippet of that song performered live at the lunch party for the album itself (I`ve actually been there but also I`ve seen that song live done by MBs, Glenn and Dan Bárta all together also!!!) and of course you can see some kind of accapela version of that song from the afterparty of that very concert where you can find not only Roman Holý, MBs band leader, but also ME beside him (left side from your point of view) singing this "fá vá v la fa fá, vlá vá v la fa fá, vláv" phrase Wink (and not only singing - we were just in the middle of ordering some alcoholic drinks as you can hear..)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: