jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

2 More New Jami Dates: Canary Islands June 2008!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live – 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  

peggy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 07:03    Reply with quote

russky wrote:
Quote:
Well, I won't go... as the organisation cancelled the festival...

Incognito or Jami?? Confused

The Classics in Soul festival in Rotterdam --> Incognito and others.

russky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 15:11    Reply with quote

ah i see - bummer Sad

Spanish Cozmik Girl

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 13:18    Reply with quote

Who's finally coming to Gran Canaria to see the gig?
We could meet ^^ and enjoy the show together.

cosmic lola

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 20:07    Reply with quote

Spanish Cozmik Girl wrote:
Who's finally coming to Gran Canaria to see the gig?
We could meet ^^ and enjoy the show together.

Seguro vamos rafa, eduardo y yo (www.jamirolive.com).Si quieres, entra en el foro para quedar Wink

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:16    Reply with quote

Here's an article I found today promoting JMQ's appearance at the Festival...

Hats off to Jay Kay, the headgear king

It’s the buzz of Tenerife and Gran Canaria. Now that Aguaviva Canarias 2008 has kicked off, the countdown is well and truly on to one of the star concerts by international icon Jamiroquai, led by Jay Kay.

Of course, everyone wants to know how long he and his band are going to be on stage (Gran Canaria June 13, Tenerife June 14), what songs he will perform and if he is going to come out with any controversial statements about how to save the world. After all, the whole point of Aguaviva - which opened on June 1 and continues until June 22 - is about celebrating and conserving our oceans.

But over and above the ethics, perhaps the biggest question his fans are asking is: “What hats will Jamiroquai be wearing on this occasion?” And the second question they are pondering over is: “What hat shall we wear to watch him!”

Jay Kay is as well known for his outrageous headgear as he is for his songs. Some people hate them but the majority just can’t wait to see what he will turn up in next.

He wears everything from beanies to trilbies and thinks nothing of taking to the stage in monstrous creations complete with huge feathers or spikes which should in themselves carry a hazard warning.

It’s all good fun, of course, but it’s also big business for many of the hat-makers who supply Jamiroquai and other top stars.

In the beginning, Jay Kay’s mum used to make most of his hats but then he started to design them for himself and ask other fashion designers to make them up for him.

The crazy hat he wore on the Supersonic video and during many of the live dates in 1999 was designed by London milliner Cozmo Jenks who also designs for the likes of Kylie Minogue. Jay Kay now has about 40 Cozmo hats to choose from.

The hats Jay Kay wears for the videos You Give me Something and Love Foolosophy are by New York designer Rod Keenan who favours the trilby look in all sorts of colours and trims and this is perhaps Jay Kay’s most sophisticated look.

Years ago, he also became affiliated to the designer Joe Komodo and together, they created Orendon clothes. Jay Kay loved his use of natural materials and his network of Third World co-operatives in, for example, Guatemala, Nepal and Java.

Even Jay Kay’s trademark logo used on all of his record labels and merchandise features him wearing a buffalo hat set at an angle.
So just why does Jay Kay favour wearing a hat so much? Apparently, it all started when he was a kid as he always wore a hat when skating. He admits wearing a hat gave him a bit of confidence and has said: “I can hide behind a hat a little bit.”

Despite owning about 100 hats, he says he hasn’t had any “hat disasters” like so many women experience although the spiked variety do tend to poke people in the eye if they get too close.

It’s hardly surprising therefore that Jay Kay has earned the nickname of “headgear king” and “the cat in the hat”, a reference to the way he jumps about on stage. Some of his fans reckon it’s his hats which give him the jumping beans!

The hats certainly do seem to go to his head somewhat. Apparently, he once celebrated the tenth anniversary of owning one particular hat by taking it out to a candle-lit dinner in a bistro. And, in 1996, he appeared on a British TV show wearing only boxer shorts and a hat. After much persuasion, he removed his hat but kept his modesty intact.
Jay Kay doesn’t always wear a hat, however, and he does have hair underneath. He appeared hatless, for the first time in the press, on the cover of The Face magazine in 1994 and now appears more regularly in videos without his trademark headgear. Let’s just see what he turns up in for his concerts here on Tenerife and Gran Canaria.

*Don’t forget, Aguaviva Canarias 2008 is featuring a multitude of events including an exhibition of materials dragged up from the sea bed at Los Cristianos, films on the beach front about the ocean, dance classes, submarine trips and free diving, the release of baby turtles, a photographic exhibition, talks from experts and other pop concerts. It all comes to an explosive end with a concert by salsa king Marc Anthony in Cristianos on June 21 and Gran Canaria on June 22.
You can discover more about the festival by visiting www.aguavivacanarias.com (tickets on www.generaltickets.com) or by ringing 902 405 504.

Source: www.tenerifenews.com

SAMANTHA

jamirolive.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 07:16    Reply with quote

Hi Spanish cosmic Girl (Thay eres no?)
Smile
We will be there at 16.00. Finally the concert will be next to the stadium.
See you soon!

*Para quedar pasate por jamirolive

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 00:24    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello again, buffaloman_R

Very Happy Totally stoked about the upcoming Jami gigs, to the fans going to the Canary Islands gigs, please, first and foremost, have a GREAT time and please report back some great live pics and any recordings you can muster Very Happy ! Cheers in advance! Let's hope some new Jami material is played!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

P.S. Wink Thanks for the always resourceful article finding, Sister Samantha, much appreciated Wink !

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 03:23    Reply with quote

Only 3 more days to go!

interesting... interesting...

D

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 19:05    Reply with quote

Waaah, I am getting excited for you guys!!! ENJOY it a lot and bring them the jamily vibes from us all!! Do you have some jamily balloons??? I think I have send some to Spain some time ago... hope you will share them!! I wanna see those balloons on photos and videos!! good

Have a blast!!!! fire jump

Mouse

peggy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 06:37    Reply with quote

Curious, curious.... What a shame I couldn't be there...but hope you had a great time in Las Palmas !!!!

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 08:19    Reply with quote

Exciting Very Happy

Meike, I still have some balloons which you had sent me Wink I will take them to Madrid Very Happy

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 09:29    Reply with quote

3propeller

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 16:08    Reply with quote

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey! i'm sorry for being totally out from the forum. i been so busy with the master and i'm still busy finishing so much work. i have read many of the messages of the forum but i don't have time to enter, reply and catch up with everything in the forum.

i am really feel out from the jamily and i'm sorry for that, but i hope i can catch you up soon and you feel like i am in the jamily too!

i hope everyone going to this concert haves great time, and same for the rest of the gigs, sadly i think i can't go to any this summer, even rock in rio wich was planned for me will be imposible as i have to work those days!

big hug to all. hope to hear/see some stuff fro the new jami live!

***STONED AGAIN***

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 16:27    Reply with quote

Inaki!! Sure you are still a part of the jamily! It's absolutely normal that priorities are changing and that other things will be more important for some time... this doesn't mean you're out of our minds. Wink ... and it's always good to get a lifesign from you from time to time!! Thanks for that!! good

Hey, I bet the spain fans are already in the front row right now!! Exciting!!!!
groundflip I hope they can send us a setlist and some detailed infos very soon!! Is anyone in contact with anyone there?? (Mobile phone??)

Mouse

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 16:36    Reply with quote

Good luck from me, and hoping you all have a great time in the return of the space cowboy (too obvious sentence?)

Looking forward the reviews and *cough* recordings *cough*

Very Happy

D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live – 2008 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: