jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

[05 JUL 2008] - Super Bock, Porto, Portugal REVIEWS/PICS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live – 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 23:55    Reply with quote

Almost... this one came from Paul, I think! Razz

And yes... very sweaty! Twisted Evil

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 00:02    Reply with quote

It’s a little late from the days after the concert, but better leave some words, than nothing at all.

First of all, I must state here, the big pleasure that was to receive you all in our hometown. For some weeks, me and my girlfriend have planned the weekend, trying not to forget anything or anyone. In the end, and looking for all, we can say, we’ve had one of the happiest days ever, it was so wonderful, we’ll never forget it, hoping to have more and more times with you all. Thank you for coming!

This was the first time, of a meet up, from the Jamily in Portugal, but meeting everyone was very charming, living from the afternoon till the night with most of you, and some with several more adventures during the next hours. Every and each one of you, resulted in a story to tell, and surely, a day to live once again.

About the concert, unfortunately, as I’ve been told and seen on the programming of the TV channel, the concert wasn’t broadcasted at all, and till this day, nothing also. The channel was stating that they would broadcast it, but they didn’t. Perhaps later, who knows?

Jamiroquai, started to play a little earlier, than scheduled. They entered in full power, concentrating all the energy on the instruments, and promising a really good night of funk, for the public and especially for the fans. The only problem, which turned into a bad part of that evening, was that any band, did a sound check before the gigs. The organization wouldn’t let anyone make a sound check. Probably, because the location of the concert was very near by the houses… (very wrong choice since the beginning, to make the concert, where they did). This made Jay very mad with the technics, but one other thing was proven with this. Jay wanted to give a concert, with the best sound he could, because people paid to see them and there were many fans there seing them (specially from other countries). In the total, from this day, I can tell that the best was the meet up, and spending the day with all of you. You sure made us very happy.

The all other “souvenirs” from that day will remain with all of us. We sure hope to have made you all spent, the best day, and time in Porto, and waiting for the next gig to receive more and more fans and all the ones that came now.

To end this little story, I’ll post some photos between several others we’ve taken, and Cosmic Mouse, might want to call and thank personally to Peggy! Specially her, made the Jamirotalk.net appear on the national newspaper. All the credits go to her, we’ve just helped the journalist with the Portuguese part.

To Janluka, Peggy, René, Lorraine, Nicole, Nicky, Victor, Raúl, Russ, Sabrina, Ivan a special thanks for coming and we hope to see you all soon again!

A special thanks to Paul Turner, nothing more needed to be said. Thank you Paul from the heart.

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 00:05    Reply with quote

Our gig photos:

Our photos from the gig:

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 00:15    Reply with quote

The Interview:

As promised to all those that came here, we're gonna translate the interview made to us, while we were in the gig:

"Fans came from all over Europe

Italy, Germany, England, Holland, Belgium, Spain and of course Portugal. The group of European Jamiroquai fans that concentrated, very early, near by the stage where it couldn’t be more diverse. Between 20 and 30 years old, symbolizing the young public that marked the second day of the festival, took advantage of the day, to meet up and talk. Many of them, only knew themselves by the Internet. From Germany, came the idea to create a meeting point for the web surfers. “Join the Jamily”, you could read on the balloons with the address of www.jamirotalk.net .

The mark image of the hat, with a particular style, appeared on the head of a fan. “It’s coincidence” told Frederico Malaca, with 22 years old.

From the south of Italy, arrived Janluka, with 34 years old, for his 19th Jamiroquai concert. He came, yesterday, from one of them, in Madrid, and tomorrow will leave for one other, in Monaco. “I only miss one record to complete my vinyl collection” he said, to the JN, totalising 45. In Portugal, he’s never been. He stayed at Tiago Varejão’s house, which made an effort to call the major number of fans the could to this gig.

At the end of the day, there were around 20 of them. Five were Portuguese, from cities like Aveiro, Braga, Amares and Porto. In August, they might go to Germany. From this country is Nicole, with 36 years old. She came too from Madrid. She has been already in 12 concerts from Jamiroquai. In Portugal, it’s her first time: “Lovely place, Lovely people”."

Porto, 6th of July, in JN

The reporter didn't get everything quite well... but she has written the essential. At least we had the balloons that Peggy brought, which gave us the possibility for this interview!

For Janluka... many la la la la la la la! Glad the package got there ok!

Hugs for all, see you soon!

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 05:40    Reply with quote

JamiroquainPt wrote:
The Interview:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (98513 KB) is 800 x 294 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

awesome!

finally some interview in my language! hahahaha

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 07:39    Reply with quote

scream .. ... aaaawwwwesome!!!!!! The Jamily and my balloons made it to the news!!! That's wonderfull!! offwall fire jump jumpingblue jumpingpurple jumpingred jumpingyellow somersault twins

Thanks so much, guys!!!! bumpin' heart

Mouse

funkynicki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 07:49    Reply with quote

This is jamily Laughing Laughing Laughing biglove 2grouphug groundflip

Thanks Tiago for your great review, pics and friendship 2hug kissing

peggy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 07:53    Reply with quote

Thank you for the nice words and review !!! Jamily and talk in the Portugese newspaper, how cool is that ???

And thanks again Tiago an Sandra for your warm welcome and all your effort !!! You're really very nice and lovely people !!!

Hope to meet you again in the (near) future !

Jam Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:01    Reply with quote

Jtalk in the news! That's fantastic Very Happy
My boyfriend (Ivan) wasn't really a big Jamiroquai fan, but when we got home from the concert the first thing he said to me was 'When are they playing again, I want to see them again'!!! Laughing

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:04    Reply with quote

What wonderful photos and reviews guys! Am so pleased you had a great time there! Congratulations for the newspaper article too! You guys rock! Heart

__Janluka__

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:49    Reply with quote

.."janKuka".. Laughing

..what a wonderful feeling to live again that event, that party, that people. We're Jamily.

..why not another pic?..

Jay_F

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 13:24    Reply with quote

great news indeed Very Happy Razz Very Happy , tnx for the pics to Cool

Cosmic Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 13:40    Reply with quote

Awesome guys awesome

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 13:56    Reply with quote

E-X-C-E-L-E-N-T.

***STONED AGAIN***

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 14:19    Reply with quote

WOW!!! let´s get it on ...the news!! hehe

that´s just fantastic!thanks for the review and the pics! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live – 2008 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: