jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

[16 AUG 2008] - Tobit Nightclubbing, Ahaus, REVIEWS/PICS
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live – 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Zsoma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 07:24    Reply with quote

[16 AUG 2008] - Tobit Nightclubbing, Ahaus, REVIEWS/PICS
This is the place to post pics, reviews and other reports, links ect. about the gig yesterday in Ahaus. Feel free to post anything regarding the party!

Zs.

Zsoma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 07:35    Reply with quote

Setlist:

The Kids
High Times
Space Cowboy
Little L
Travelling Without Moving
Black Capricorn Day
Cosmic Girl
Seven Days In Sunny June
Alright
Love Foolosophy
Deeper Underground

Introduction & Kids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERY8Lsyg2GE

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:55    Reply with quote

Paaaaarty people Very Happy I came back this morning at 5.30 h and I didn't sleep much yet Shocked
All I can say by now is that it was in increddible day and night that I never will forget!!! It was sooo great to meet you all and the gigs of all bands were fantastic and going backstage was kind of sureal. I'm too tired to write a review but I will do it tomorrow.
I hope you all have a save trip home - Nicky and Suzie you disappeared and I couldn't say goodbuye to you Crying or Very sad
Inaki, his cousin and I had a little problem to find the main station in Cologne Confused my navi always sent us in the wrong direction...... I hope you guys will make it today to Spain!!!
Cannot stop thinking about the things that happened........
Big hugs
Konni

peggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:01    Reply with quote

Wow !!!! What a day !! What a night !!!
Along the Jamily, you could feel good vibes !!
I've met so many people I didn't know yet and I must say, you're all great !!!

More info later...but a little teaser....guess what ?????

Suzie made it onto the stage, invited by Jay, dancing with three other girls !!!! Yep, Susie, our SUPERSTAR !!!!

Last edited by peggy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 08:59; edited 1 time in total

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:14    Reply with quote

Hi all,

Came home at 2:30 am last night and it was an incredible gig.
Jay and the band were in top form, many solo's by the bandmembers, extended versions of the songs, much communication between Jay and the band, loads of jokes, Jay signing a lot of stuff, Nude Continuum and The Brand New Heavies performing earlier that night, ...
The sound wasn't very good the first songs, probably because of the soundcheck they didn't do. But during High Times and Space Cowboy it improved and it was getting better and better and louder and louder.
Personally I was really into the music and I can't remember I've had such an intense feeling during a gig. It was a very good concert: atmosphere, good sound and the band in a good mood.

Highlights:
Space Cowboy: Jay wanted to do SDISJ, Matt wanted Space Cowboy. The had a little (funny) discussion about it, Jay asked the crowd and we all screamed for SC, so they did SC. Matt did a really long solo, Rob aswell.
Little L: Long, extended version. Very good. Paul was doing a great job.
Travelling Without Moving: Very long middle part. Lovely version.
Alright: Compliments to the band! They played the middle part very long while Jay was signing loads of stuff.
Love Foolosophy: The biggest highlight of the gig! 'New' version, like they did in Madrid, but this version was even longer!

And I wanted to say again: the band (Derrick, Sola, Rob, Paul, Matt) were very good. They've all had several mindblowing solo's and Jay seemed to be very proud of 'his' band. Of course compliments to the girls. Can't wait to see them live again in combination with two or three brass.

Thanks to all the fans I met for this great and intense experience.
Hopefully we will see some new fans on this forum soon (...I know you've got a balloon Wink)

Jeroen.

freaky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:30    Reply with quote

Peggy thanks a milllion for asking derrick.

And thanks Derrick for inviting us Backstage!!!!

Words cannot describe the fun we had
Alo thanks for to the Nude Continuum, for entertaining us!

Lot's of pics, but first see if there is any good ones...yeah i know there are!!!

Last edited by freaky on Sun Aug 17, 2008 13:13; edited 1 time in total

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:30    Reply with quote

jumpinggreens

Mr. Green

really a night that you never more go to forget! Cool

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:32    Reply with quote

and the setlist is a little different of the one of Sziget...

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:40    Reply with quote

WOW - I am so excited for you all - it must of been the most amazing time - can't wait to read your reviews and see the photos!!!!!!

SAMANTHA

Jana B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 13:16    Reply with quote

I love this reviews with all this details...

I can't wait to see all the pics, you have a great time. I'm sure about that!!! I'm really happy for all you!!!!

Zsoma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 14:06    Reply with quote

Space Cowboy (Suzie comes to stage at the end?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLhD4oT1YIw

mojogonlopoto
JamilyTree Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 14:16    Reply with quote

Justr returned home from airport. Here you have some pics I did during he concerts:

Nude Continuum:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (430466 KB) is 1152 x 1536 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (503826 KB) is 1536 x 1152 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (509847 KB) is 1536 x 864 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (515705 KB) is 1536 x 1152 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Jamiroquai:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (387818 KB) is 1536 x 1152 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (344468 KB) is 1152 x 1536 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

walkingtree

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 14:24    Reply with quote

OMG! Great Pics Mojo!! Very Happy

Jay_F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 14:44    Reply with quote

short review of me: =>

this was amazzzzzing! my first time ever and it was really awesome......before it began some pics (lot off pics ^_^) and then the nude crew noticed me, so i got over there..got a chat ....then afterwards more pics, even with people i didn't knew that wanted a pic with me Razz also the local news paper wanted a pic of me & the tobit nightclubbing took some pics

Nude Continuum was really great to see live, great performance, lovely people, absolutly fab.
The Brand New Heavies where great to, never heard much of them so..lucky they played there to
and then ofcourse Jamiroquai! hehe, he noticed all the flags and banners hanging over the fences ^_^ great performance, absolutly loved it !!!!

and then when it was all over...i needed to speak James for upcoming wednesday....but we didn't know where he was , so Leon Ernst (drums of NC) helpt me out for finding the nude crew that was missing..we didn't find them, but his brother got me a backstage pass ^_^ !!!!! lucky lucky, so i got into the backstage with Leon and i couldn't believe it first when i entered the room, there they where to, the JMQ people Razz i was like oh my.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy so i first got the chat with James & Lija and with them Rob was standing there to, i got a little what with him to ^_^ i said, hi i'm Jay F he said : "hi, yea i recognize you from youre messages on myspace" ^_^ anyway, got a pic with him to....and after that => Jay Kay !! oh yes, it was like i saw him before, all natural and stuff, really great =D he chaked hands with every jamirotalker in the backstage..mine to & then he saw my hat,
he said :"Hey i know you, youre that guy on the photo with those 2 girls"
i said :" yea i got my poncho on and the hat"
he said :"Yea, i looked to the picture, i was like... fuck, is that me?"
LOL Razz Razz Razz Cool Cool Cool
so i askted for a pic with him to, and so we did
then a little chat with the magic on the drums, MR. Derrick!
and last but not least, we got with JK to his mercedes benz to hear some new songs for upcoming album Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
and when they left, a big group pic and then he said, bye and stuff..i said "seeya in 2009" he said "you will see me before then =D"

anyway...all together, GREAAAAAAAAAAAT, i never expected all this to happen but it did
and in the end before i left i said thanks again to Leon for trying really hard (so it felt like to me) was really gratefull for that night
amazing.........i'm glad to seen the jamily in real life to btw ^_^ really it has been great!

pics will folow Wink

Last edited by Jay_F on Sun Aug 17, 2008 14:59; edited 1 time in total

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 14:45    Reply with quote

Just arrived home!!! All I can say at the moment.. and i think i speak for all of us: We had the time of our lives!!!!! I am still on cloud nine!! 2cloud9

Jay was so so lovely to the jamily! He showed his absolute appreciation for our support... it was mind-blowing!!

Reviews and pics coming soon!!! Stay tuned!!

One thing: JAMILY!!! I bumpin' heart you all so much! Thank you for this night of the nights!!!! bumpin' heart bumpin' heart bumpin' heart

Mouse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live – 2008 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: