jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

JAMILY, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! PLEASE READ URGENTLY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:16    Reply with quote

There are a few threads which won't come back... those which only existed of pictures from the internet... the most beautiful men and women, and the Jay Kay picture thread for example. It doesn't make sense to bring them back.. they would be full of empty spaces caused by deleted pics, you know.... Rolling Eyes

Well, we will find other good topic ideas...

Mouse

__Janluka__

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 13:55    Reply with quote

..why not a "reserved-only-users-area"?.. Wink

..so we can post copyrighted pics Laughing

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 18:50    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Mad Just passing by, WHAT THE HELL Mad ? In my personal opinion, what a load of bollocks, most of the picture postters ARE the bleeding copyright owners, that is in the live pictures. Man, always has to be some unwarranted harassment, but granted, copyright protection is important. *Shakes his head in dismay at total lack of the common sense that SHOULD exist, not contained in ANCIENT copyright laws from the late 70s*

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 01:55    Reply with quote

Honestly, photographic agencies (and anyone else for that matter) should be aware that anything they put online has the potential to be pinched. That's the nature of the internet. If you don't want something thieved, don't put it online. It's pretty simple.

Meike, could you get around any legal responsibility by including a disclaimer somewhere?
Perhaps automatically as a footnote if an image gets posted?

Google Images simply uses "Image may be scaled down and subject to copyright". Surely they're in the same boat.

I have noticed, however, that Wikipedia requires images posted to their articles to be in the public domain or the copyright to the image owned by the poster...

Seb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 02:11    Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lcbkFcK-zY

edit: a little bit of night lame joke:
For all of us, soon, it will not be the "Jay Kay" but only the Jail without the Key.

Embarassed

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 06:12    Reply with quote

Andy it's interesting that you mention google... because I remember that I have read articles about google having been in trouble because of copyright violation and had been sued because of that. They had problems because of those thubmnails in their news articles and also about the picture search function.

I have to clear up several things. I think the german law has to be considered here, because the owner of the site is placed in Germany...
In our forum rules we have already made clear that copyright and bandwidth of other websites have to be respected. I will definitely think about other options like disclaimer and a control tool mabye... so if a pic is posted that the admin have to confirm it first or something... or mabye the user himself has to click an agreement before posting a pic that he is the owner...
I know quite a few german forums where it is not allowed to post pictures at all. Rolling Eyes

Mouse

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 06:21    Reply with quote

Oh and I forgot.. the watermarked pics from gettyimages and such... we have to clear that too, because I heard that gettyimges has been sued a lot of people recently because they have used their watermarked pics. I don't really see the reason, because those pics are small and with that watermark not useable for print or news articles anyway. So, if we post those pics here it is even a free advertising for them because journalists who detect them here can then go to the original website and buy the bigger versions without watermarks. But yeah, this has to be cleared. I don't wanna take any risk...

*LeeLoo*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:54    Reply with quote

I don't being a long time in this forum, and I only posted the chronicle on Ahaus, did it with my (and Rauloquai) photos. Aren't press photos, so I must to remove it?

Time ago, I read in more artists websites a thing called "disclaimer". This is when people give credit of another people job. For exemple, if I post a photo taked for... CosmicGirl, for exemple, and I say "This photo was took for CosmicGirl" nobody can say nothing against me, 'cause I credit her job. Can't we did the same in Internet? Taking credit for photograhers, we're making a free advertising for their job. It's a equally enchange: free use for free advertising.

However, I find that we must not remove OUR pics (took for ourselves) 'cause this is our job. But well, sometimes laws are unjust. Evil or Very Mad

Runaway Maggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 19:39    Reply with quote

Mouse et al,

Thank you so much for working so hard to keep some photos on here. I have followed the link to my pics and see I have only posted rabbits, apple pigs and me! So you're safe where I'm concerned.

Good luck with everything.

Lots of love, from Maggie xx

Rocco

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 16:57    Reply with quote

Futaba wrote:
I can only say: Groovy Funky Thumbs Up for you admins and moderators for all your hard work to create this corner of the earth where we can share our love for Jamiroquai.

I second that - well said Futaba!

http://www.myspace.com/david_rocco_ranalli

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 19:27    Reply with quote

shit, it's stupid, cause this site DOES NOT use the images in a commercial way... if someone uses the pictures for commercial printing then they're breaking a law, not this site... Evil or Very Mad

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 19:53    Reply with quote

The situations calmed down. They have retracted their claim and whistled back the lawyer, fortunately... because this site is not a commercial website and they appreciate our fast reaction. good

You know, I know now why this happend - because everything happens for a reason: This way we cleaned the forum from every watermarked picture from image providers like getyimages for example. Those are just sueing loads of german webmasters for using their pictures illegally. They are searching systematically the internet and this can get very expensive (1000 - 2000 EUR for every picture!) So, you can imagine that I am happy that not such a big agency found their pics here, but a smaller one who gave us the chance to remove the pics before they admonished us.

So, we still have to do some work here.. everyone who still hasn't checked his posted pictures should do this. How you do it is described here: http://www.jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8095

Mouse

MissyM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:46    Reply with quote

that is good news mouse.. so glad things have calmed down for you guys here.. breathe now.. good vibes are following you.. xx

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 14:05    Reply with quote

i'm glad things didn't go worse.
big up to all the work by mods Very Happy

***STONED AGAIN***

*LeeLoo*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 19:18    Reply with quote

Wow... finally we can breathe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: