jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

My new car!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rita

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 19:02    Reply with quote

Now I'm 15...almost 16! In my opinion, i would prefer to buy a car when I turn eighteen, but a micro-car is really cool,too 5car

caroli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 13:30    Reply with quote

hahaha! Exactly! I turned 16 on the 20th October. *yupi! I'm older....not* Oh well...I really appreciate my train, is quieter and I can takeall my friends with me at the same time. hahha Mr. Green

Rita

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 15:25    Reply with quote

Oh that's the advantage of a train. You can travel with your friends...in my vespa, i can only travel with one friend Sad

caroli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 18:28    Reply with quote

Oh well...one friend is better than no friend, right? Mr. Green

Rita

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:18    Reply with quote

Absolutely! Smile

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 05:01    Reply with quote

My dream car since i was 3.....got when i was 26, turned 27 10 days later.

DeLorean DMC-12
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (180535 KB) is 800 x 600 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 16:49    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:

DeLorean DMC-12
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (180535 KB) is 800 x 600 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

I'm going to pass out! FANTASTIC
they say when that car hits 88mph strange things happen

ophone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 16:21    Reply with quote

Gonza-Arg wrote:
Adidas2076 wrote:

DeLorean DMC-12

I'm going to pass out! FANTASTIC

good

ophone

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 16:12    Reply with quote

As some have read on Facebook already, I'm getting about 4 years later a new car again.
Not that I'm disappointed with my current car, I love it, but the reason I'm getting a new car is that my mum needs a car like my Kangoo and instead of buying herself a new car, she will take mine and I get a new one!

Nice mum, isn't she? Very Happy

First I was interested by a Renault Fluence, but I saw some bad reviews about that car, especially when it comes to its handling and the lack of power of the older Renault engines in it.
Then I was interested by the 2012 version of the Citroën C4. It's a nice car, powerful and efficient, but quite expensive for a French car.
I was also considering a Skoda Fabia Estate, but I'm way too much a French cars nut! Wink

My choice went finally for a red (same colour as my Kangoo) Renault Mégane Estate (or Grandtour) with a very economic and powerful 1.5 Diesel engine with 110 hp of the newest generation. Officially it only exhausts 90g CO2 per kilometre and has an official Diesel consumption of 3.9 litre per 100 kilometre in the city traffic, that's 72.43 MPG!!!

Another special thing about it is the fact that it's a Mégane Bose Edition, with a fancy radio system. So I can drive and listen to my favourite music in HQ! But no integrated GPS, I never needed one and I'll probably never need one. As a former boy scout I prefer old school paper maps and ask for my way if I get lost!

Why a Diesel?
Two reasons: Here in Luxembourg, as in most other countries too, Diesel is cheaper than petrol.
And the insurance and car tax don't depend on the kind of fossil fuel you use. The insurance depends on the value of the car when bought and the size of the engine, the tax on its CO2 exhaust. Since it only has a 1.5 litre engine and an exhaust of 90g per kilometre, the Diesel was clearly the more reasonable choice.
The Diesel may be around 1'700€ more expensive than the petrol version, so I'll have to drive about 27'000 km before it gets profitable. I planned anyway to drive it much further than 27'000 km!
Anyway, I'll get (or better my mum will get) 1'500€ from the state, because the car has such a low CO2 exhaust!

Well, now I have to wait until August or even September to get my new car, so Suzy and Lady Cougar you'll still see me in my old car!

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 19:29    Reply with quote

Hi Ophone, don't worry.Older cars have soul and a few tales to tell ! We want an Alpha Romeo Guilietta but make do with a very old Fiesta . See you soon,Cougar (Pippa)

ophone

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 22:20    Reply with quote

A Giulietta?
Very nice looking car!

(*smart poop mode on* By the way the brand is spelled Alfa Romeo. There is no "f" sounding "ph" in usual Italian, just like the word "philosophy" is spelled "filosofia"! *smart poop mode off*)

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:44    Reply with quote

Oh,silly me.I was tired after a hard days work. To top it, my hubby is an Italian who loves Alfas and we had a 164 for years. I remember touching 180 kilometres down the autoroute ,thinking it was around 130 ! Luckily not being seen on the radar. Lots of speed traps in Switzerland. Ciao

ophone

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 23:12    Reply with quote

Lady Cougar wrote:
Lots of speed traps in Switzerland.

Thank you for the hint!

Cosmic Girl

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 18:02    Reply with quote

ophone wrote:

(*smart poop mode on* By the way the brand is spelled Alfa Romeo. There is no "f" sounding "ph" in usual Italian, just like the word "philosophy" is spelled "filosofia"! *smart poop mode off*)

tee hee good

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 07:33    Reply with quote

Gonza-Arg wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: