jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Banner on top of the page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cupertin0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:59    Reply with quote

Banner on top of the page
The banner on top of the page is a Flash banner, I vote against the use of flash, especially in navigation! I cannot use it when I browse on my mobilephone! So it is useless.

It does not add anything either, just normal <html> is good/better for menu's.

Think about it please.

Cool

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 16:00    Reply with quote

wot this forum needs is just an update...

2008, almost 2009 and its a phpBB 2.0 forum... it also needs a new design!
thats wot they got to think about!

Cupertin0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 16:31    Reply with quote

True, I think the phpbb used is outdated and therefor also a potential victem for hackers and other scum Smile

I do webdevelopment myself, flash is nono for navigation Smile Maybe it is possible to make it a website too instead of only a forum Smile

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 01:52    Reply with quote

Cupertin0 wrote:
True, I think the phpbb used is outdated and therefor also a potential victem for hackers and other scum Smile

I do webdevelopment myself, flash is nono for navigation Smile Maybe it is possible to make it a website too instead of only a forum Smile

the husband of this board's owner is just a computer programmer... so, this forum is just a little game for him! haha FunkMaster knows exactly wot to do! its time for some updates... its been the same forum since i joined back in 2004... 4 years ago! imagine...

Javis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 02:53    Reply with quote

Re: Banner on top of the page
Cupertin0 wrote:
The banner on top of the page is a Flash banner, I vote against the use of flash, especially in navigation! I cannot use it when I browse on my mobilephone! So it is useless.

It does not add anything either, just normal <html> is good/better for menu's.

Think about it please.

Cool

This is true, I usually visit this forum from my Palm and the flash doesn't works

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 06:42    Reply with quote

Ed, the owner is actually me. Miran, my hubby opend this for me, but he is not a fan as I am so this whole communtiy is my hobby and as I am not a programmer, I am dependant on his time.

We update this forum every 1-2 months with software updates, everytime a new version comes out. Those updates you won't really realize because the changings are more in the background, the safety, effciency and so on.

In all these years Miran has added self-programmed little applications and modifications, also some already existant modifications. All these changes take an hour, sometimes more, to install. Everytime you update the forum software you have to add those modifications seperatly which takes another hour for each update.

We haven't done the upgrade to 3.0 until now because we have been testing the version on another project and it has had some bugs, so we decided to wait a bit.

The upgrade will take a bit more time... look at jamiroquai.com - it was offline for 4 or 5 days! And there are still loads of bugs! We wouldn't go online with such an uncomplete work and so it would take several hours of work for Miran until he is done.

I'd love to have the newest upgrade and more applications and functions on my site... actually I have a loooooong list with ideas, but it all depends on Mirans time and those who know Miran know that he has so much to work (for our own company) we don't have weekends or very rarely holidays... he is often working the whole night an goes on the next mornign without sleeping... so in the last 10 years we only had 2 times of holidays together (one week each time) - and one of those were to fly to London to meet Derrick! So you can imagine, IF he has a few hours of freetime I don't tend to bother him to ask if he can now do an upgrade for me. I better use this time with him and do something with the family/the kids.

When we have special actions like the easter egg hunt, or competitions or the interviews, he spends a lot of time to update the site. I often go to bed after midnight and in the next morning it's done! It's so lovely that he is doing this for all of us. And consider: Jamiroquai is not his passion like it is for us! He just does it because I am asking him.

Whenever I go to concerts and travel to Jamily meetings, he takes care of the kids. When I am coming back home he has even more to work and has to catch up. It's not easy for him to be a hubby of a jamirotalk mum.. Wink

Yeah, that's the situation. If this was a business site and I would earn money with it I would invest much more time and I would probably buy a programmer to do all this stuff, but I have so much costs for jamirotalk and the community anyways, it's bearing no proportion. It's just my hobby to serve the jamily and this costs me around 1000 EUR each year which is hard to justify to my family, but Miran is supporting me in this and that's lovely!

So, all I can do is ask you guys for having patience. We will do an upgrade and this will be combined with a new design, new functions ect. But I cannot promise you when this will be done. In the meantime I hope you are happy with what I do for the community, although some of you might not notice how much of my time goes into jamrotalk... but it's all good.

Thanks for your understanding! And keep the ideas coming up! Much appreciated, just hope you understand our situation and have a bit of patience! Thanks!

Love you. Miran! bumpin' heart Thanks for all your support, honey!!!
Meike love2

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 08:13    Reply with quote

o'course o'course! it was just my humble opinion! haha

the forum needs some updates but, it will always be the first Jamiroquai source everywhere!

and... (by the way) i'm some kinda jealous you can be with the band that much! ahhaha xD and have the chance to meet the jamily! its just a dream! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ahahaha

kisses Mouse!

Cupertin0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 23:15    Reply with quote

Wakey wakey, updatey updatey Razz Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: