jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

US Fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 21:00    Reply with quote

At this stage they owe us a Buffalo Man only album cover. Inside the jewel case holding the disc underneath the image should be a blow up of Jay's bum from the Lifeline clip -- scribbled with a tiny note sorry for the delay U.S.A.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 14:51    Reply with quote

Laughing

I'll settle for a tour to my city. Very Happy

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 03:24    Reply with quote

J can't come if he doesn't release first.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 16:00    Reply with quote

Hmmm. Laughing

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 16:46    Reply with quote

should we just assume that the US release is cancelled? is there anyone at Mercury records that we can contact about this?

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:20    Reply with quote

jamfan2005 wrote:
should we just assume that the US release is cancelled? is there anyone at Mercury records that we can contact about this?

It'll happen, don't worry Smile I say by late summer.

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 01:45    Reply with quote

jamfan2005 wrote:
They didn't have a US distributor by the time they released the album everywhere but the US -- obviously they're going back to a platform release for America -- hope they make the American edition special somehow.

msammon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 06:53    Reply with quote

as far as mercury records believes...
all bets are there will not be an north american release. i am betting there will be a tour late 2011 early 2012 at the earliest if that. and it will be select big market cities. im betting no more than 4

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 03:16    Reply with quote

msammon wrote:
Quote:
as far as mercury records believes...
all bets are there will not be an north american release. i am betting there will be a tour late 2011 early 2012 at the earliest if that. and it will be select big market cities. im betting no more than 4

How do you know there is no North America planned release?
You know someone from Mercury? It could be true.
But just goes back to the belief that they deliberately boycott U.S.
(I would too if Donald Trump is running for president!) Laughing Laughing

If they pick 4 states: New York, San Fran, L.A. and Chicago.
Hoping at least Chicago.

DTNY

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 17:22    Reply with quote

Funk Fiction wrote:
Yeah, being a 23 year old in Los Angeles, CA who is a Jamiroquai lover is very rare. I've gotten some friends pretty turned on to it, though. For friends of friends who are just more into Top40s stuff or into lots of TRANCE, Jamiroquai's music seems to just go in one ear and come right out the other as if it just doesn't register to them. I can't understand how incapable a lot of people are with critical thinking and simply having a mind of their own.

Apparently Jamiroquai lost their US post-TWM steam because their next album took too long to come out. Therefore, I wonder if Jay didn't scrap Symphonized and released it in 98, would that have a had large impact on the music industry on a US and even global scale?

If Jay didn't kick Stu out, would we not be contaminated with Drakes and Rihannas? Would the US have more open and sophisticated taste on the mainstream level? Either way I guess it's very sad to see how much influence MTV has and people cannot seek out or judge music they truly like instead of being a drone robot.

Agree on all fronts!! Well said. Idea I often wonder if the lack of Jamiroquai presence in the US (in contrast to the other crap that is forced down our throats) is an effort to 'dumb-down' society.

On a brighter side, I also wonder if they're trying to stimulate the travel industry Wink by keeping Jamiroquai out of the US. Because I now have to travel to Spain, yes Spain, in order to see my favorite band. (How horrible! lol) I have to say, it actually seems to be working out perfectly, since I've been wanting to go to Europe forever, and have always wanted to see Jamiroquai... so why not see them IN Europe?

twins 2cloud9 sunny

As you can tell, I am very happy and excited about this.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 00:00    Reply with quote

Funk Fiction wrote:
Quote:
Apparently Jamiroquai lost their US post-TWM steam because their next album took too long to come out. Therefore, I wonder if Jay didn't scrap Symphonized and released it in 98, would that have a had large impact on the music industry on a US and even global scale?

I really don't think one year difference from Symphonized to Synkronized really made the difference. Shit happens. People change their taste. The album is different.
And possibly the radio didn't like post -TWM, or JMQ didn't try to market Synkronized well enough.

A lot is by chance. And a lot of it really is in the control of the radio stations, and I'm sure a lot of politics. "Hey Mr. DJ put a record on..."

I hate it when people lump all the current music into one category.
I can't stand Drake. As for Rihanna -I think she's pretty good. Wink

funkyette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 00:24    Reply with quote

i feel your frustration guys Confused
it just boggles my mind how RDLS was released in Canada and Mexico but not the US

last year there was an article that mention about promoting RDLS in america and it would be released in 2011...to be optimistic, there is still time before 2011 is over

i already bought RDLS online and i'm pretty sure others have as well....what i am really waiting for is for them to announce tour dates for north america (of course they have to promote RDLS)

i have a question for the american fans (hoping someone can answer this), in the past when they promote their music in north america, are their albums and tours usually delayed here?

the reason i asked is because i haven't been a fan for long and curious to know

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 04:52    Reply with quote

RDLS has become a phanton album for the US. Sure you can purchase it as an Import from retailers here who offer foreigin merchandise but those of us who want to support all domestic Jamiroquai product to let US distributors know Jay and the boys still matter to the cult/die hard American base -- now have to wait to see if and when the decide to release a follow-up which I'm sure they will -- in their new contract to have a clause for them to have a US physical release.

I honestly don't know how to feel anymore. The minute I get back to loving Jamiroquai as I need as a teenager -- their domestic (US) relevancy rears its ugly head.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 15:13    Reply with quote

RDLS won't be released in U.S.
Probably determined it wouldn't do well here.

@Funkyette -there can be a delay in album release.
I think where their strongest market is expected it's released first.
But acts like Anastacia is big in U.K., someone I've never heard of, but hails from Chicago/New York. So I think it just depends.

Maybe they'll release the next one in U.S.
But I think they'll take a break in between.

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 15:42    Reply with quote

I think this is so ridiculous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: