jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Rate *Blue Skies*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you like new song BLUE SKIES?
I love it! It's a great song!
17%
 17%  [ 19 ]
Nice one, but I expected something different.
22%
 22%  [ 25 ]
It is ok, but somehow I am dissapointed.
22%
 22%  [ 25 ]
I don't like it.
24%
 24%  [ 27 ]
It is absoultely crap... I am no longer a fan.
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
I haven't heard it yet...
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 109

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 06:46    Reply with quote

Rate *Blue Skies*
We haven't had any polls in a while. Let's rate the new song *Blue Skies*!!

Feel free to leave your comments about the song as well, and also read the looong discussion we are having in this topic:

http://www.jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9013

Meike

Last edited by CosmicMouse on Fri Oct 29, 2010 08:29; edited 2 times in total

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 17:57    Reply with quote

There's not an option for "I don't know, I haven't heard it"! Smile

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 18:50    Reply with quote

Here you go, Dye!! Wink

ophone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 21:47    Reply with quote

It's a nice tune, but it doesn't sound like Jamiroquai.

jamirrorquai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 22:35    Reply with quote

Its excellent, a really mature sound but yet funky at the same time, I bet those who dont like just now will love it by the time it charts, its a real grower and a great transition to the new album Smile

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 22:42    Reply with quote

I personally love it. I love listening to stories and I like listening to this one. The words are positive and inspiring, the tune calm and relaxing. It sounds like the album's "breather" song, but he can sing in this style throughout the whole album and I'd be happy!

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 23:00    Reply with quote

I dislike this song so much that makes me think that the upcoming album will suck

Vincenzo89

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 01:30    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
I dislike this song so much that makes me think that the upcoming album will suck

i think the same..

msammon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 05:22    Reply with quote

I wish I did the same as u Dye. Curiosity killed me to hear it

mr.az

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 05:36    Reply with quote

I haven't hear it yet

so, i don't know , i just wanna listen soon
AFO=AUTOMATON

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 07:40    Reply with quote

After have been listening several times now, very closely with headphones and concentrating on each single instrument, I detected many wonderful little details. Everyone does a great job on this song.

Music is art, and an artist wants to express himself in a way through a medium - a paint, a poem, or in a song.
Depending on what he wants to express with this one artwork, it will be more complex, very detailed, but sometimes it can be also simplified, easily structured, different from previous artworks,... art can be so various.

You wouldn't say that Rembrandt was a better artist than Picasso, because Rembrandt's paints have been more complex, more detailed, whereas Picasso just rushed colors in a more simple way.
An artwork is not getting "better" only if the artist is using the most complicated or masterly technique. It also is an art to stay more elementary.

For paintwork you will agree with me, won't you?

For music, some of us only accept complex music to be quality music. The structure has to be complex, there have to be additional intruments, jazzy elements and so on... so only then the song is a quality song. If it has a more simple and raw structure with less instrument, has more a rocky or poppy feeling, then in some eyes it has less quality.
I don't think that this is generally true.

Blue Skies is a lovely song, and I can feel it. What Jay wants to express reaches me. It does it for me. It touches me and has a resonance with me. The simplicity of this song is brilliant! I think it is not easy to make a simple song which still sounds deep. This one does, although I had to listen a few more times, and I had to switch off all the negative comments I had read before. I was biased and was nearly thinking the same.... but then I made my mind free of it, and tried to understand the song better.

I hear people saying: This doesn't sound like Jamiroquai.

I think it does sound like Jamiroquai, mainly in Jay's voice, there are some typical moments in his singing style - the way he pulls some notes... some swerves in the melody.... also the warm bassline has some "Jamiroquai elements"... and some more. Just listen carefully and take care of each intrument. It is there!! Maybe a bit hidden, but I can hear it clearly now!

I am a bit sad that you got the feeling, if you like this song, you seem to be "simple-minded", or not having a clue about good quality music. I have a big musical background from my family... I do think, that I can differentiate quality music from junk. This is definitely a quality piece of work. An artist who wants to express himself. If you don't hear it, listen again!

Then again, it is the question if this piece of art goes in resonance with your own vibration. If it doesn't it's not automatically a bad song. It's just not resonating with you. There is no reason to call it a bad song.

My opinion.

I do respect the work of our boys because I know they have put much effort in it. I respect and appreciate this. They are proud, and so am I!!

It's all good, and I am looking forward to more artworks!!

Meike

Javis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 16:02    Reply with quote

It's just too much effort put in one song trying to like it. We dont have the obligation to like every tune from them just because we're fans.

I love the band, the work they did and i'll continue to be their fan. But i just dont like this song. If this song were raleased by another band I wouldnt even listen to it twice!.

I know that just because I don't like the song it doesn't means it's bad, but when a tune is good you dont need to force yourself to listen to it until you like it. And I will not change my musical preferences just because I still dont like a Jamiroquai song.

But what I dislike the most, is the fact it's the main single. I mean... WTF...

John Doggett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 19:08    Reply with quote

Once again, Amen to your post Meike!

I've been patiently waiting for the album...

Catalonia is not Spain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:05    Reply with quote

Meike, despite the fact that I don't always agree with you, I really appreciate the way you express your opinions. You're always very respectful and reasonable. I've always got that impression, and I thought it was fair to let you know it Smile

Meike --> forthcoming German chancellor? Rolling Eyes

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:05    Reply with quote

Catalonia is not Spain wrote:
Meike, despite the fact that I don't always agree with you, I really appreciate the way you express your opinions. You're always very respectful and reasonable. I've always got that impression, and I thought it was fair to let you know it Smile

Thanks!! stoned ..it's all about respect for me, be it a band, a friend, a rival, an animal, a stranger, a tree... no matter what. 5yinyang ... a kind of life motto of mine.

Catalonia is not Spain wrote:
Meike --> forthcoming German chancellor? Rolling Eyes

No, thanks!!! Definitely not a job I am after!! outtahere

Thanks again! king

Mouse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: