jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

(I've Been) Hurtin'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

nitric

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:44    Reply with quote

[quote="Javis"]Have you seen it? http://www.vimeo.com/15404930

I wonder if it's the full version, or a remix, or just this guy's version of the tune :O[/quote]

I talked to this guy and he made this version by himself, adding brass + drums and scratches. Much better indeed.

russky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 14:25    Reply with quote

i'd just like t say it sounds alot better without the dutch guy Wink Laughing

mr.az

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 16:45    Reply with quote

i really dig this track
since the first day we got the''leak'' from the radio, i like it
everyday i like more and more
the rough sounds, the voice he put
is like a great hangover track for me(and i am really used to hangovers Laughing Laughing Laughing )

i cant say i dont like a half minute of this song, to me is one of my first favorites already¡¡¡¡
AFO=AUTOMATON

matutevip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 00:02    Reply with quote

I love Hurtin, is a totally new side of jays voice, the guitar riffs are awesome, and the girls give a little extra something. Besides, whe i am listening to it, i cant help to imagine the video. Jay in a crappy room, with a terrible hangover, a bottle of wiskey on his hand and a half smoked cigarette on his lips (very Clint Eastwoodish), sitting on a messed up bed, with his back against the wall. Singin to the camara, and flashes of his broken up relationship. A lot of close ups.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Midnite Vulture

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18    Reply with quote

I always liked this song, but the radio rip clearly didn't do it justice. It's even better in better quality. Funny about that Wink

.::Pekequai::.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 03:41    Reply with quote

I found this video in the page oficial of universal mexico

http://www.musx.com.mx/artista/jamiroquai

say new video de jamiroquai 2scratchchin what the f*** Rolling Eyes

maybe Amsterdam Paradiso dvd oficial ? Mr. Green

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 18:20    Reply with quote

has anyone noticed that the verse of "all good in the hood" sounds too similar to hurting? I think it has almost the same "chord progression" (I'm not a musician so I don't know it it's right to call it like that) than hurtin. of course they sound way different, but if you listen closely, you'll see that the verse is very similar, how the chords go decreasing,"e/d/c/bsus4(?)/a/g", basically the same as hurting, only that in all good in the hood rob adds something like a d and an em7 chord right before the chorus.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong Laughing )

Anyway, there's nothing bad about that, but I just wanted to point that out, maybe some of you noticed it too.

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 16:19    Reply with quote

Lorryquai wrote:
What a dissapointment... Shocked

You were expecting something else, Lorryquai?

I had no expectations, therefore; I wasn't disappointed.

I do sense a deep sadness on this album and I have read that he does feel loneliness, which is hard to fathom considering his band and his cosmic girls and such. I do understand lonliness. Even when you are with other people, if you don't have that deep soul connection, it feels empty.

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 16:21    Reply with quote

Gonza-Arg wrote:
has anyone noticed that the verse of "all good in the hood" sounds too similar to hurting? I think it has almost the same "chord progression" (I'm not a musician so I don't know it it's right to call it like that) than hurtin. of course they sound way different, but if you listen closely, you'll see that the verse is very similar, how the chords go decreasing,"e/d/c/bsus4(?)/a/g", basically the same as hurting, only that in all good in the hood rob adds something like a d and an em7 chord right before the chorus.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong Laughing )

Anyway, there's nothing bad about that, but I just wanted to point that out, maybe some of you noticed it too.

No, I didn't notice, but will have to give the 2 a listen again. You sound to know more about music than me. Well, a musician makes music...what do you make? Maybe you are a musician and don't realize it. I used to enjoy singing in the chorus, so I guess I'm a musician as well.

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 16:30    Reply with quote

matutevip wrote:
I love Hurtin, is a totally new side of jays voice, the guitar riffs are awesome, and the girls give a little extra something. Besides, whe i am listening to it, i cant help to imagine the video. Jay in a crappy room, with a terrible hangover, a bottle of wiskey on his hand and a half smoked cigarette on his lips (very Clint Eastwoodish), sitting on a messed up bed, with his back against the wall. Singin to the camara, and flashes of his broken up relationship. A lot of close ups.

AWESOME video idea! Love that image. I just listened to it, and now i want to go back and listen to it again just to pay extra attention to the chorus.

A lot of discussion about how the song sounds, but who is it for? "how the hell did i lose ya?"

i want to know more about the lyrics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: