jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Italy - F1 Rocks (09-09-2011)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Júlia*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 23:10    Reply with quote

Italy - F1 Rocks (09-09-2011)
Quote:
Music lovers are in for a treat at this year’s Italian round after organisers announced British band Jamiroquai are to headline the F1 Rocks™ in Milan concert. The event will be held at the Stadio Brianteo Monza on Friday September 9.

Jamiroquai have sold over 25 million albums worldwide and won a coveted Grammy Award in 1997. Frontman Jay Kay is a keen motorsport fan and an avid collector of vintage sports cars.

“I am thrilled to be playing F1 Rocks in Milan at the Italian race this September,” said Kay. “It’s going to be a great weekend. Live music and the F1 circus, all happening in Monza the home of Ferrari... it doesn’t get any better. It was made for us and it’s about time someone put all these pieces together.”

Rob Montague of F1 Rocks™ added: “It’s great to be back in Milan after last year’s successful F1 Rocks™ event. I have no doubt that Jamiroquai’s show in front of music and motorsport fans alike will be fantastic and with F1 Rocks™ the Afterparty joining us once again will make for another great weekend of F1 Rocks™ and Formula 1™.”

The FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2011 will take place at Monza from September 9-11.

Further information is available from www.f1rocks.com.

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

mr.az

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 20:10    Reply with quote

great¡¡¡
AFO=AUTOMATON

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 09:36    Reply with quote

Ciao ,can any one help me as I am trying to get a ticket for 9th Sept in Monza and each time I try to submit,the thing bugs and goes back to the first page.This is a fed-up day.Thanks for any help and advice love to all,Pippa Crying or Very sad

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 09:37    Reply with quote

Ciao ,can any one help me as I am trying to get a ticket for 9th Sept in Monza and each time I try to submit,the thing bugs and goes back to the first page.This is a fed-up day.Thanks for any help and advice love to all,Pippa Crying or Very sad

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 23:04    Reply with quote

My nephew in Italy has got me a ticket for thé F1 concert. It should be spécial but I don't suite Know what to expect. I'm checking out the stadium and it looks a typical outdoor venue.Hope to visit the circuit aswell on the saturday but might not be able to afford an entrance fee ! Is anyone going ?hope to meet up with someone 5car I'm a speed freak ,in m'y little Ford fiesta!!! Love Pippa

Greg House

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 07:13    Reply with quote

An interview with Jay:
http://www.f1rocks.com/2011/news/jamiroquai-talks/

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 13:37    Reply with quote

Greg House wrote:
An interview with Jay:
http://www.f1rocks.com/2011/news/jamiroquai-talks/

Thanks!

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 20:13    Reply with quote

Thanks Greg. Should be a good gig and I imagine That Jay will be in his élément. I'll give you a feedback , Pippa

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41    Reply with quote

Ciao everyone. Getting all excited for Monza .I will be at the gig .And,wait for it, at the after party in Milan,have been offered a ticket by my lovely family. (no I am not a rich b--tch VIP) just a working girl,so it should be quite a funny experience- imagine there will be some excentric VIP's around. Anyway, all our group will be there,so I will try and say hi to them. I did buy a new dress though ! Look up the club on www.f1rocks.com/afterparty
I'll let you all know about it. One thing is sure, I won't be wearing sky high Jimmy Choos ! stoned salut , Pippa

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 13:33    Reply with quote

Hey Pippa, and all those who are lucky to attend!

HAVE A BLAST!!! Scream for all of us... jumpinggreens

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 19:49    Reply with quote

I sure Will scream and dance ,and,wow, it Will be Some party, My first Time in a club like That, at my âge ! Always a first Time. I hope
To meet the group. Any spécial questions,let me Know and I hope To take photos (if allowed), love Pippa offwall 3party

Lady Cougar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:16    Reply with quote

Hi folks and funkers. Weeelll, I am just getting over last night in Monza. And a night clubing at Cavalli. Quite funny, but not many PEOPLE/ lots of young girating girls in mini/minis! Lots of loud techno and flashing lights. Apart from that, a magic concert in Monza. Will give details and photos when I return home. AND, Jay arrived around 2am in full form, so managed to shake hands and talk abit *over the loud noises from all directions. I have some shots of him and he was still for quite awhile . He is fine, his ankle ok *I asked him* and said hi from Jamirotalk. He is lovely, and was very relaxed and still so yumee. Pity the rest of the band weren-t there but you cant have a proper conversation in that atmosphere anyway. Now a day in Milan with a girlfriend, love to all, Pippa. jumpingyellow

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:01    Reply with quote

Yay!!! That sounds like a perfect night! Can't wait for your photos!!! bounce

Do you remember the setlist? Or anyone else?

Diamond_Doc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 14:19    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
Do you remember the setlist? Or anyone else?

Videos on Youtube show they played the following tracks in no particular order (some are probably missing!):
Rock Dust Light Star, Main Vein, Cosmic Girl, Feels Just Like It Should, Little L, Travelling Without Moving, Alright, High Times, Love Foolosophy, Hey Floyd, Canned Heat, Deeper Underground, White Knuckle Ride.

Max.

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 13:14    Reply with quote

If they play this setlist @ Rock in Rio, i will be very satisfied. Will i see Morning Glory?? Surprised Surprised bumpin' heart Surprised Surprised 18 days!

Pippa, glad you had some much fun with mr Kay! Show us your pics Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: