jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Rate the new single "SMILE"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you like the new song "SMILE"?
Absolutely brilliant!!!!! Can't get enough of it!!
50%
 50%  [ 42 ]
Great!!! I love it!
34%
 34%  [ 29 ]
Good! I like it!
10%
 10%  [ 9 ]
It's ok, but I am not that excited about it.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
For me it's rather boring.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't like it.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 84

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 19:27    Reply with quote

p wrote:
could anybody please delete that "don't like it"-vote? Very Happy

Haha...Laughing .... was it you? By accident? Or do you think it just doesn't fit into the picture?

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 04:00    Reply with quote

Seb wrote:
Most of RDLS songs are about nostalgia, getting old(er), remorse, bad situations, it's pretty dark, and lacks of "fun" indeed.
This one was written by someone in love, as Alright Little L, Love fool, or Blow your mind.

Mmmm.. I think the RDLS album is a little dark... but I think it have a lot of fun!
WhiteKR, SmokeAM, LifeL, AllGITH, ShesAFP, Angeline and HangIO are great!

MissyM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 09:06    Reply with quote

I really like this song!!! very groovy sounds like the Jamiroquai of years past.. I see someone was having a minor "melt down" over it.. So I am thinking perhaps it is from a certain era.. Anyway I don't want to get involved in all that.. I love this song regardless of where it came from.. xx

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 13:10    Reply with quote

i am the one who went with the "it's ok but..." option.

i like the song, i think is a good song, very nice athmosphere and instrumentation...but that' all.
jamiroquai still does good music and anyone can say that it's mllion better than any mainstream stuff...but that's saying nothing because mainstreams is not something about music but about a commercial product.
i am myself a music freak, i can't be anywhere without music or with bad music and of course jamiroquai i one of the bands that can be playing in my list but from some time to now is like they have lost the hability of surprising me (in the good way). as i said before i tihnk now they are focused in making songs or tracks and not music and i can feel that when i listne to all the new stuff and never when i listen to any of the three first albums. (although they were pressed (?) to make short tracks)
with this song, smile, i listen again to jay's eternal "melodyes", simple and plain and the rest composition follows the same line. it's like: "pa pa ra pa pa..."okay we have another song!"
some other artists have the privilege of doing extremely simply stuff and make good music just with that, because simplicity doesn't mean bad quality and complexity good quality, but i don't think jamiroquai is the case.
it is always good to hear some brass solos and jay singing along one of them, wich show us the way he "writes" them.

***STONED AGAIN***

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 18:35    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
i am the one who went with the "it's ok but..." option.

i like the song, i think is a good song, very nice athmosphere and instrumentation...but that' all.
jamiroquai still does good music and anyone can say that it's mllion better than any mainstream stuff...but that's saying nothing because mainstreams is not something about music but about a commercial product.
i am myself a music freak, i can't be anywhere without music or with bad music and of course jamiroquai i one of the bands that can be playing in my list but from some time to now is like they have lost the hability of surprising me (in the good way). as i said before i tihnk now they are focused in making songs or tracks and not music and i can feel that when i listne to all the new stuff and never when i listen to any of the three first albums. (although they were pressed (?) to make short tracks)
with this song, smile, i listen again to jay's eternal "melodyes", simple and plain and the rest composition follows the same line. it's like: "pa pa ra pa pa..."okay we have another song!"
some other artists have the privilege of doing extremely simply stuff and make good music just with that, because simplicity doesn't mean bad quality and complexity good quality, but i don't think jamiroquai is the case.
it is always good to hear some brass solos and jay singing along one of them, wich show us the way he "writes" them.

i chose the same. agree with you.

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 20:09    Reply with quote

listened again. anybody else haves a "everybody's going to the moon" deja vú? electro turned to jazzy.

***STONED AGAIN***

p

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 20:29    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
p wrote:
could anybody please delete that "don't like it"-vote? Very Happy

Haha...Laughing .... was it you? By accident? Or do you think it just doesn't fit into the picture?

It doesn't fit Wink

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 04:04    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
listened again. anybody else haves a "everybody's going to the moon" deja vú? electro turned to jazzy.

xD
My mp3 player is like a teletransportation device that transport me to the electro house music to the paths of soul and acid jazz
And sometimes bring me to the powerfull vibes of funk. Cool

smellbob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:52    Reply with quote

Butterfly, Tallulah, Radio and SAFP had a child, they named it Smile. My third fav song next to Canned Heat and Mr. Moon. I always preferred the jazz routes instead of the disco house ones.

Sad this track is better than that despicable RDLS album.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 03:44    Reply with quote

Smellbob
Quote:
Butterfly, Tallulah, Radio and SAFP had a child, they named it Smile.
Laughing (do you smell, bob?)
Any genre Jamiroquai does, I like. Disco, Jazz, Pop...
And are you displaying, Jamiroquai are like Doritos after a nite of party?Laughing

Jamirokaki -I get the music freak. Music surrounds me too. But you're not getting to that place for smile.
I think "Smile" is meant to transport you to a different place. Don't think too hard about it.
Earlier, I said it was a "simple" production. This is wrong. It is very complex with the instruments. Just love the brass and trumpets.
But the melody (and really the lyrics) are quite simple.

A perfect daydream -not too deep. Just a smile.

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 18:35    Reply with quote

It does what music should do; it entrances you.

@HoneyBee: a perfect daydream is right!

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 18:37    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:
Butterfly, Tallulah, Radio and SAFP had a child, they named it Smile. My third fav song next to Canned Heat and Mr. Moon. I always preferred the jazz routes instead of the disco house ones.

Sad this track is better than that despicable RDLS album.

@ smellbob, LOL @ your name Very Happy and i love your tag (or signature or whatever the call it) at the end.

mr.az

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 23:30    Reply with quote

i love it¡¡¡
AFO=AUTOMATON

Cosmic Noe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 23:58    Reply with quote

Reminds me to late 70´s groovy ballads. I'd grab my bf and dance it really close to each other.

funkyette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 00:01    Reply with quote

i love this track, too bad it was not included in RDLS

it reminds me so much of ol' school jamiroquai...however, the only ingredient missing is the didgeridoo

i appreciate that the band were so kind enough to share it and let us download it for free
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: