jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Jamiroquai @ Lotto Arena, Antwerp Belgium 03/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jay_F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 18:22    Reply with quote

dissapointed

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 20:35    Reply with quote

this really sucks..I really feel for all of you and I am angry once again about how the fans are treated..they don´t get what it means to take time off work, get plane tickets and use all that saved money for that one event you are looking forward to for months.

"logistical problems" are not a reason...it´s a disgrace to say this to the fans...they have no idea

funkyette

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 01:32    Reply with quote

with no sign of re-arranging antwerp gig or no explanation for why it was cancelled i am probably going to cancel my trip and might try to book a trip to france and hopefully still have time to purchase standing concert ticket

now my major concerns are the chances of one of the french gigs being cancelled and if there will be future gigs next year....i just don't want to miss an opportunity seeing them live....i waited since last year for any updates on promoting RDLS in north america and so far nothing, that is why i am willing to travel to europe in order to have that experience instead of waiting around when RDLS has not even been released in america since it's official release date last november (this is crazy)

apatsi#4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 21:05    Reply with quote

i am really frustrated with the cancellation ; it is the only gig this year that was cancelled but not rescheduled

i had arranged everything since summer - air tickets, hotels, day off from work
with all these things happening here in Greece, the Antwerp gig was my happy dream

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 04:45    Reply with quote

John Doggett wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, for the lucky people who are going to see Jamiroquai on stage soon, enjoy it for us too...
Well John, I certainly hope if you are in France (as your signature shows) that you will be at ONE of the French gigs! Laughing

Logistical problems sounds like transportation of the stage and gear.

ophone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 15:23    Reply with quote

apatsi#4 wrote:
it is the only gig this year that was cancelled but not rescheduled

I think you're wrong, the gig in Mainz has neither been rescheduled.
And guess what? I should've gone to that gig too... Mad

russky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 19:55    Reply with quote

Same here Andre! Rolling Eyes

Vintage73

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 18:58    Reply with quote

Well I feel for you all. Buying expensive tickets plus expenses with trips and hotels to nothing. I quit being a Jamiroquai stage follower several years ago when I became disenchanted with the musical direction but I understand it is a big pain in the ass cancelling stuff when you are expecting it with high excitment.
However, I warned everybody when I saw in the beginning the heavy tour calendar. Seems I was right, I think Jay just can´t handle this life anymore ... Or they just can´t fill up the arenas because the band is going downfall with popularity ... Well it is one of this two explanations or maybe both. They should do lighter tours from now on.

russky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 17:11    Reply with quote

have a great 'Cancellation Gig' Nicki & Co Exclamation Very Happy

John Doggett

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 20:16    Reply with quote

You're right Russky !

I will listen to Jamiroquai's bootleg Live at Lucca's 11 for that Great Cancellation Gig !
Wink

funkyette

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 19:29    Reply with quote

sigh Sad

since the cancellation, i haven't been able to listen to any jamiroquai song or watch recent concerts

i just hope they will continue to tour next year

Zsoma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 22:12    Reply with quote

funkyette wrote:
sigh Sad

I hope the opposite - that they take a longer break... For me highlight of the tour were basically the pre-tour concerts (Jazz Cafe, Nobel prize ceremony, etc...). You could see the hunger for stage on their faces, they were simply on fire. This last, autumn stage of the tour was really pointless, some extra money for Christmas but nothing more, did some shows with half house or even less in countries where they already had had 5+ concerts earlier with the same (by now) boring setlist... I hope they really sit down before the next album / tour and learn the lessons what worked during RDLS promotion (marketing, singles, gigs...) and what not (obviously this is gonna be a longer list). I suggest we also open a thread about it!

funk4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:27    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
funkyette wrote:
sigh Sad

I hope the opposite - that they take a longer break... For me highlight of the tour were basically the pre-tour concerts (Jazz Cafe, Nobel prize ceremony, etc...). You could see the hunger for stage on their faces, they were simply on fire. This last, autumn stage of the tour was really pointless, some extra money for Christmas but nothing more, did some shows with half house or even less in countries where they already had had 5+ concerts earlier with the same (by now) boring setlist... I hope they really sit down before the next album / tour and learn the lessons what worked during RDLS promotion (marketing, singles, gigs...) and what not (obviously this is gonna be a longer list). I suggest we also open a thread about it!

I agree. I think especially Jay doesn't look very interested on stage anymore (in a way I can understand after so many gigs and injuries). In some gigs he didn't even say two words to the audience, wich I think is a bit rude. It's like he's thinking "let's get the job done". I had a ticket for the cancelled gig in Antwerp, and hope to see them again in the near future, but I would prefer it with a renewed enthusiasm and perhaps adapted setlist.

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 22:49    Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I'm sorry for all the fans from Beligum and other countries who spent time, money and illusions on this gig. My support from Madrid.

(and I hope the band will give a honest answer about this in a short time)

Trolll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 13:49    Reply with quote

I thought I had posted my idea on the cancellation, but it seems I didn't...

Lotto Arena is neighbour to "Sportpaleis" in Antwerpen and they seem to share the same backstage area.
If I'm not mistaken, this Jamiroquai tour requires 7 trucks + a tour bus (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Simultaneously, Sportpaleis hosted the "Batman Live" tour which I heard was a BIG show with 20 trucks to transport the settings. Shows were held over a couple of days early december (and that included Dec 3rd)

...So couldn't it be simply that the area couldn't host two big shows at the same time? Nearly 30 trucks is not something you "hide" easily!

This is indeed a logistical problem (as announced) and couldn't be planned ahead by the band/organizers...

That's just my thought, but it does put the few bits and pieces of the puzzle together!

Last edited by Trolll on Mon Dec 05, 2011 14:54; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: