jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Jamiroquai @ Lotto Arena, Antwerp Belgium 03/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 14:43    Reply with quote

Well, at least this is a deeper explanation.

funkyette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 23:40    Reply with quote

funk4 wrote:
Zsoma wrote:

I hope the opposite - that they take a longer break... For me highlight of the tour were basically the pre-tour concerts (Jazz Cafe, Nobel prize ceremony, etc...). You could see the hunger for stage on their faces, they were simply on fire. This last, autumn stage of the tour was really pointless, some extra money for Christmas but nothing more, did some shows with half house or even less in countries where they already had had 5+ concerts earlier with the same (by now) boring setlist... I hope they really sit down before the next album / tour and learn the lessons what worked during RDLS promotion (marketing, singles, gigs...) and what not (obviously this is gonna be a longer list). I suggest we also open a thread about it!

I agree. I think especially Jay doesn't look very interested on stage anymore (in a way I can understand after so many gigs and injuries). In some gigs he didn't even say two words to the audience, wich I think is a bit rude. It's like he's thinking "let's get the job done". I had a ticket for the cancelled gig in Antwerp, and hope to see them again in the near future, but I would prefer it with a renewed enthusiasm and perhaps adapted setlist.

I just think that many fans were fortunate enough to see them live since promoting RDLS and some like me feel left out on not having the opportunity to be part of it....i do agree the band hasn't been in rare form these past gigs (particularly jay) and tour dates this year are grueling for any bandmember...maybe they are doing it either for the money, music, fans or record company/promoters (or maybe all of it)

whatever it is, i just hope they don't stop making music and performing live, they must have the drive to do it instead of pulling a mediocre/dull performance just to get it over with...it is understandable if they need a break and to get inspired again for new material

once again, i would like to attend my first jamiroquai concert someday (possibly next year Razz )

russky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 17:58    Reply with quote

dotfunk gigs are better Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: