jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

MMORPGs anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

ophone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 22:00    Reply with quote

MMORPGs anyone?
One thing I practice since nearly 10 years now is playing MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Play Games).

I began with Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) and I must say this is until now the best MMORPG experience I made so far, because it's Player versus Player (PvP) system called Realm versus Realm (RvR) is just awesome! Later I was playing on a German server and there I joined a guild with most of its members I still have contact. I even have attended one member's pre-matrimonial party or as they call it in Germany "Polterabend" (a party with lots of food and drinks which main event consists in smashing items made out of china) in Southern Germany and one's wedding in Northern Germany. Add to that our traditionnal yearly guild reunion, which also has been already held twice here in Luxembourg.

Then I had a short World of Warcraft (WoW) interlude, but I didn't like the quite childish community in it and the major lack of real PvP, even if some "Real Life" friends played it aswell.

Then I played Warhammer Online: The Age of Reckoning (WAR). This game is by the same guys who made DAoC, but they totally missed the aim they wanted to reach with this game, especially the RvR part.

In the meantime I came back to good ol' DAoC.
Later I played a game called Rift, but I had some sort of a burn out quite quickly with this game, due to a certain lack of end content.

So I came back to DAoC.
But now I'm actively playing Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) since January and so far I like the game, mainly because I'm member of a quite active and nice guild in which are also 5 "Real Life" friends of mine. And it's the first MMORPG I play which doesn't take place in a kind of medieval scenery.

Here a list of my main characters (toons) in the different games:

- DAoC:
Lucilinbuhuc the Highlander armsman (Albion, English server Excalibur)
Kochkaes the Lurikeen (Hibernia, German server Dartmoor)
Bout Filtre the Inconnu cabalist (Albion, English server Glastonbury)
Saxen Aender the Kobold warrior (Midgard, German server Salisbury)
Knetzel ZackBumm the Kobold runemaster and Buuschti Tumbles the Kobold shadowblade (Midgard, German server Avalon)

- WoW:
Gnighknurz the Orc warrior(Hord, German server Thrall)

- WAR:
Wuppi Zottelbart the Dwarven ironbreaker (Order, German server Carroburg)

- Rift:
Olmapp the Dwarven rogue (The nice side (I can't remember anymore how it was called in that game, neither the server I played on)

- SWTOR:
Jeffrey Lebowski the fat Sith sorceror (Empire, German server Darth Andeddu)

ophone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 15:06    Reply with quote

By the way, I'm back to good ol' DAoC! Very Happy

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:11    Reply with quote

I love videogames too, but Ive always been a "lone wolf" Wink

ophone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 23:31    Reply with quote

Still playing DAoC, but next year is the release of an interesting game I might try:
The Elder Scrolls online

Thing is, this game will have a PvP system which will be like the one of DAoC: Open field and keep fights PvP between 3 realms, So if one realm gets overpowered, the two others can form something like an inofficial alliance.

But I'm quite happy with DAoC in the moment, the last remaining official server is rather full. Since it's the only one, people from around the globe play on it. I like that multicultural aspect and because I speak English, French and German fluently I can hook up with the majority of the players! Wink

ophone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 07:31    Reply with quote

I recently stopped playing DAoC and I'm playing football on my Playstation 3 instead.

- Game: "Pro Evolution Soccer 2013"
- My PS3 Tag: "ophone"
- My team in the Master League Online: "Amicale Louis de Funès"

John Doggett

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55    Reply with quote

ophone wrote:

- My team in the Master League Online: "Amicale Louis de Funès"

Well done ! A brillant idea ! Very Happy

I never thought that Louis de Funès will be the name of a football team !
The Amicale Bourvil will be nice too ! Cool

ophone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 21:51    Reply with quote

Yes, and after years, the 2 teams will unite to form the "Union Bourvil & de Funès". Wink

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (138838 KB) is 1024 x 761 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

ophone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 00:52    Reply with quote

I changed the games. Since a while now I'm playing FIFA 13, which is after all better than PES 2013.

There I play with my Football Ultimate Team (FUT) called SSC Bud Spencer.
SSC means Società Sportiva Calcio, like the SSC Naples, town where Bud Spencer was born.

At the current level I only engage Italian players in my team, but as you can create more teams in FUT; I already created an AS (Amicale Sportive) de Funès for French players and I will do the same for German players with the FK (Freundeskreis) Heinz Erhardt.

Very Happy

JasonRain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 13:34    Reply with quote

I love videogames too, but Ive always been a "lone wolf"

ophone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 01:16    Reply with quote

By the way, I'm back to DAoC! Very Happy

ophone

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 07:53    Reply with quote

Yesterday I met a player called "Foolosophy". I asked him/her if he/she was a Jamiroquai fan, and he/she answered me: Yeah!

(To be more precise, we met in Cathal Valley on the Midgard side!)

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: