jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

RDLS Sold Less Than 35,000 Copies?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 20:52    Reply with quote

RDLS Sold Less Than 35,000 Copies?!?
buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

I thought I would take it upon myself to update the 'Jamiroquai' Wikipedia page ( Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamiroquai ) with all the latest American RDLS release info when I read the darndest thing:

On November 1, 2010, they released their long anticipated seventh album, Rock Dust Light Star. Recorded in Jay Kay's home studio in Buckinghamshire, it saw a return to their earlier, less pop-like sound. Despite both singles, Blue Skies and White Knuckle Ride reaching into Top 100 charts worldwide, the album sold a mere 34,378 copies on its debut, around half the amount sold of the previous album Dynamite.

I know, this is wikipedia we're talking about, but wow, RDLS only sold less than 35,000 in it's Japanese/European release? I mean, I know how the world is these days in the music industry but I was expecting this number to be a little higher...wonder if it accounts for all the digital pay downloads too? Just thought it was interesting to note..Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 21:00    Reply with quote

It says on its debut, not overall.
Never trust Wikipedia, though.

Chief Big Smoke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 04:19    Reply with quote

The "Rock Dust Light Star" Wikipedia page states the album sold 210,000 copies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Dust_Light_Star

Trolll

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:02    Reply with quote

The main site that deals with Charts over here in France estimates that about 110.000 copies were sold in France alone (physical & digital sales combined)

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Jamiroquai/Rock-Dust-Light-Star-a109813478.html

(just below the stats chart)

Unfortunately, sales estimations aren't available for other albums. Guess it's a recent feature that only takes latest albums into account...

-----------------------

Added afterwards:
Funkin site confirms the 35.000 copies figure only relates to sales in the UK during the week RDLS was released.

Funkin Site wrote:
In its first week of release Rock Dust Light Star entered the official UK album chart at position seven with sales of 34,378 copies. [...] Looking back a few years, in 2006 the High Times Greatest Hits album sold 78,957 copies to enter the UK album chart at number 1. In June 2005 Dynamite sold 64,150 copies in its first week and entered the chart at number 3.

donkeykong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 20:36    Reply with quote

well the album is great
but it's his worst.
It's like he lost his soul or something
I mean singing about being sad is not bad
but seeing him this sad makes me sad
and i don't want to listen to it

mr.az

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 02:53    Reply with quote

2 years after, there's more sales???
AFO=AUTOMATON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: