jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Jazzystan Music Festival in Almaty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

funkyette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 18:41    Reply with quote

Jazzystan Music Festival in Almaty
I don't where else to put this, so I created new thread just for this gig to post articles, videos and etc

they held a press conference
http://www.zakon.kz/kazakhstan/4513640-v-almaty-proshla-press-konferencija-s.html

translation:
The leader and vocalist, Jay Kay, answered all the questions with which he peppered journalists. The only request the singer was not too concerned about the collections of hats and cars - apparently, for many years he was just tired of answering these questions. Instead, he spoke of his Fund for Animal Welfare, which deals with large animals rescued from the cells - recently, for example, they saved the elephant, who has long lived in a very small space. "On the planet of over 6 billion people, and the animals have almost gone. It seems very unfair to keep animals in cages, especially large, "- said Jay.

Said the musician and his attitude to new musical directions. In varying degrees, they find a follower of Maroon 5: "We were told that the boys even once tried to sit down and write a full plate in the style of Jamiroquai. Well, sometimes it is quite possible. "

In general, the music piracy, according to the musicians, to fight is almost impossible. Even earlier, before the digital era, the pleasant tracks recorded on your tape from the radio, but what really is the only way to fight piracy - do not write music at all. On the other hand, I would like to convey to the audience that sometimes investments any musicians in the creation of songs, for example, an invitation to write a symphony orchestra, much greater than the funds that generate record sales. "If you go to court, and you will not even think to ask the lawyer to work for you for free, just, and with taxi drivers, and many others. So why do not the musicians to be paid? ". On this subject, it seems, all the performers are responsible for substantially the same. Pent up.

Derrick McKenzie, drummer, responded with interest to the question about dubstep, "Oh yes, I can be called a lover of dubstep! True, the two or three tracks are usually sufficient. Let's just say it's not the music that never put the first wedding dance. "

On the question of what is happiness, guys talked a long time. First of all, for them it is, of course, rest: last year they swept around the world tour of 30 countries, more than 75 concerts a year - it's pretty hard

and yet they still haven't come to north america, they mainly toured europe, south america last year and this year asia/easten europe. It was nice enough to finally release RDLS this year in the states but how about doing some gigs here?

sorry for the rambling since it has nothing to do with almaty but i am just a fustrated fan who is still hoping to see them live

Javis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 17:51    Reply with quote

Guys where (the fuck) is Rob?:

https://twitter.com/april_april7/status/247018351891734529/photo/1/large

tiga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 09:33    Reply with quote

He was on tour with an other band
https://twitter.com/robkharris/status/246157588201349121

Zsoma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 09:43    Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqMgoGVRFdg

Diamond_Doc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 15:03    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:

He seems he was replaced by Milton McDonald for "one night only"! Smile

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 15:30    Reply with quote

Diamond_Doc wrote:
Javis wrote:

He seems he was replaced by Milton McDonald for "one night only"! Smile

Cool, thanks for the info Very Happy

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 23:41    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Got two things for y'all today. Firstly, here's an AWESOME 22 minute 'highlights' fan video from Jamiroquai Jazzystan show:

Arrow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqMgoGVRFdg

Secondly, I talked to Rob Harris today on Facebook and asked him about his absence from the stage at the Jazzystan gig, with his permission, here's why he wasn't there:

Re: the last gig in Almatty. I was asked a few months ago whether I could do a tour for my friend Don Airey who I've known since I was 17. I checked with the jam office before I signed on to the tour that wouldn't be a clash date wise and was assured that the 2 weeks were free with no quai gigs. 3 weeks later the Almatty gig came in. I tried to juggle things about but due to the nature of the music Don Airey plays he needed someone to cover the whole tour and it wouldn't have ideal to step out for a day or two. The music is quite complicated. So we found someone to step in for me for Almatty.

There you go, enjoy the live video and thanks to Rob Harris for letting us know what was going on. Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 15:24    Reply with quote

omg ..feels so weird to see somebody else there with the guitar!! i think this is the first time I understand how many of oyu must felt when changes in the band were taken....Since I know them there were no changes taken anymore Very Happy

funkyette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 23:34    Reply with quote

i notice since Tokyo concert that they made minor changes and re-arrange on few songs like MV and TWM

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 23:44    Reply with quote

Where did Milton McDonald come from?

jgrizz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 00:22    Reply with quote

Mike "Milton" McDonald is a session guitarist. He has played with Patricia Kaas, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe, The Spice Girls, S Club 7, Ray Davies, Take That, Robert Palmer, M People, Louise, Mick ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: