jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New Album "Automaton" Coming on 31 March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ragadoodles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 21:46    Reply with quote

If this is the new sound it's time to say Bye bye Jamiroquai.
This is 80th style Synthy Pop Garbage. I'm to old to pass this decade twice.

Funkalero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 21:48    Reply with quote

funkin wrote:
Right, we've got two months between now and the album release. How is the momentum going to keep up?

We've got a promo video for Automaton. Then another song/video (Cloud 9?).

Will this keep us going for two months?

PS. I just looked at Rock Dust Light Star. It was announced in August 2010, a tracklist revealed in mid September and the album came out at the start of November.

I guess we can wait. We've done it before. It just seems like there's been a lot of excitement over the past two weeks. Now what?

Maybe a short preview of all songs in the album???

lk111

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 22:07    Reply with quote

I´m in love with this sound. Totally unexpected however amazing and maybe this is just a part of what they can do (and do it well). We have 11 more songs (and maybe 2-3 extra) to see how they can sound IN 2017, maybe some tunes alike from early 00´s and from the 90´s.

Evolution and new styles are part of the things that let us have Jamiroquai after 25 years! Please take the chance to enjoy their classic and new music (We are lucky!)

robotscantadlib

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 22:26    Reply with quote

JamiroFan2000 wrote:

It's COMPLETELY different, the last time pop music even got CLOSE to this new musical experimentation embrace was Daft Punk 'Random Access Memories' back in 2012. It is the most experimental track to date...lyrically fringing on a 'disconnected digital world' and musically as angst as someone who has lived their whole life vicariously through those technological reinventions. A daring song for our times...

Sorry, but you may need to branch out more. This is playing it pretty safe, especially by today's standards. This sound and production was futuristic/edgy maybe between 1999-2003. Daft Punk's modern production is slicker, and a whole host of other artists can boast the same..and they're blending funk, disco, and random electronic genres together seamlessly too. It's an okay song but nothing revolutionary, even for Jamiroquai. All been done on previous albums.

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 00:55    Reply with quote

robotscantadlib wrote:
Sorry, but you may need to branch out more. This is playing it pretty safe, especially by today's standards. This sound and production was futuristic/edgy maybe between 1999-2003. Daft Punk's modern production is slicker, and a whole host of other artists can boast the same..and they're blending funk, disco, and random electronic genres together seamlessly too. It's an okay song but nothing revolutionary, even for Jamiroquai. All been done on previous albums.

I agree, it's a new sound to Jamiroquai, but it's extremely old looking at the big picture.
But that's the vibe, they played Acid when no one played it, then they moved to AFO style and now that everyone is playing more funky music(like Bruno Mars) they go back to the past.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 02:13    Reply with quote

I've been on this forum since 2003 I think, and with Dynamite, RDLS and now Automaton, we've had the same cycle of responses when it came to the first single and fears about what the entire album will sound like. Is like Groundhog Day for Jamiroquai albums.

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 02:47    Reply with quote

I am here since dynamite era, so i know all that fuzz with the new singles Laughing Laughing Laughing

Patient jamily, we are all older and the band is trying to make changes.
Wait, in fact the band put'' we are making changes'' in the site to tell us before Laughing Laughing

Don't get so crazy people, is one song, and i like Cool
AFO=AUTOMATON

robotscantadlib

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 03:45    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
I've been on this forum since 2003 I think, and with Dynamite, RDLS and now Automaton, we've had the same cycle of responses when it came to the first single and fears about what the entire album will sound like. Is like Groundhog Day for Jamiroquai albums.

Absolutely. I'm sure there will be a variety of sounds represented. I think FJLIS really was a shocker though, then SDISJ came along and sort of smoothed that out. After a bunch of listens, I think this is a stronger single than White Knuckle Ride, for what it's worth, but it doesn't have the instant 'wow' factor of Virtual Insanity/Canned Heat/Little L. Like I said before, there isn't a strong hook. Perhaps it was chosen as the lead single to capitalize on the visual medium of the video/the cool hat/the album concept? Let's hope it's a return to form in that sense, they really blew up because of the creative synergy between imagery and music.

Curry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 04:07    Reply with quote

I love it! I absolutely love it.

It's like I can trace so many things back to either their earlier works or much older songs they may have referenced. Heck, I was proud of that Sugar Hill Gang-like sound off mid-song. I loved that. It's a serious throwback.

Some of it reminded me of that Supreme's song, Get Out My Life, while other parts like the robot voice and some of the track reminded me of Feels So Good and Supersonic, respectively. I was even taken back to Deeper Underground at some points.

I'm glad Jay came out with a strong single this time. It's truly impressive and I fully enjoyed listening to it. I was stoked that I was able to catch the radio broadcast during my break. Ho man!

I'm not going to throw Daft Punk into the comparison because I don't find it fair to do that to someone who's always had his own aesthetic towards a myriad of musical genres. So I think it's rather insulting, though some would probably consider that a compliment. However given today's standards, being seen as mimicking someone else's style denotes a lack of creativity...but this song was creative and showed some serious strength in the face of that.

Jamiroquai is Jamiroquai. Don't go looking for the next "rock your world" "revolutionary" anthem if that's what you want. It's been 20+ years since they started and 20+ years since they last produced one. Therefore people need to move on since it's no longer 20+ years ago.

Besides, shouldn't you be paying attention to the message instead of the style?

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 05:14    Reply with quote

Jamiroquai put the topic on the table, future, we are in it now
About the future, check this

Check this critic, talks alot about how i see the world is going, so i am sure jay is talking about loveless and senseless world because we're not so far... Embarassed Embarassed

https://tribecafilm.com/stories/children-of-men-movie-alfonso-cuaron-immigration-issues

Sometimes when i watch the movie i think, how alfonso cuaron see it coming all this...
AFO=AUTOMATON

cmfunk15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 05:36    Reply with quote

I LOVE THIS SONG !!!

I did not expect the old JMQ whatsoever . They are coming back after 7 years , and let's wait how the video fits perfectly with this tune .

BTW , It is the first time in years that the word "Baby" is not in a Single

LOL

mrdance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 09:00    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:

Exactly!

...and we should all just be united in thanks that we have new material to listen to!

Listening to music SHOULD be challenging, by the way. Smile

mrdance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 09:00    Reply with quote

(double post)

smellbob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 09:25    Reply with quote

Snorry wrote:
I dont post very often. I just came here to write this: The song is horrible. OMG its so bad my ears cry blood. I hope that what we listened today is just a remix and not the official sample.
Embarassed

I agree. I think this is the fucking Twilight Zone I do. I think people are just glad to see another single come out regardless if it's lackluster, when if you have been a fan as long as you and I both have, we have the right to be honest and share our opinions.

We waited even longer than the gap between Dynamite and RDLS and we get that crap.

Again, I have nothing against electronic music. I love me Basement Jaxx, Daft Punk, Moby, all of it. But it has to sound good and groovy.

That song was just all over the place and in a bad way.

I remember the radio debuts of "Runaway" and "Rock Dust Light Star" were very different.

So it's possible that this is just a remixed or promotional version.

I doubt it though.

This is sadly the official track and all you can do is do what I'm doing and hope the rest of the album is better.

The album cover is lovely though. I think only Americans know what I'm talking about, but the font for the album reminds me of the old logo of the defunct Circuit City department stores.

robotscantadlib

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:23    Reply with quote

Smellbob wrote:
Moby.

Rolling Eyes

After making the snap judgement that it was fairly mediocre, I've been listening to it repeatedly and it has grown on me a bit. Give it a chance. In the right setting, it's a solid track - go for a drive late at night and floor it. I hated FJLIS when it came out but I think it's a pretty cool song now. Sometimes you go through things in life or simply change in some slight way that makes it possible to accept something for what it is. It's not going to be for fans of the classic Jamiroquai sound, but hey, it's been 20 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61

Jump to: