jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Latin America Tour 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

funkyette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 00:05    Reply with quote

Latin America Tour 2013
Hey ya'll
since no one has been posting the latest (besides sao paulo). I thought it would be good idea to create a thread about this tour. It would be really nice for those who attended to post their reviews, pics and videos here Smile

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 00:58    Reply with quote

Jamiroquai, 15 Feb 2013, Ferro, Buenos Aires Argentina.

Well, on friday I attended my 3rd Jamiroquai concert right here in Buenos Aires, and it might have been the best yet. It was pretty much as good as the one in 2011 (the Quilmes Rock), but this one had it all: the sound was perfect, Jay was in a really good mood (just like the rest of the band), everyone played perfectly, the song selection and the re-versions were top notch (they played Runaway after like 5 years, and extended jams of Canned Heat -almost 15 minutes-, Cosmic Girl, and a couple other I can't remember), the audience was cheering and clapping and screaming like always, and it was just overall the best possible experience I could have.

I met a lot of my friends, we spend almost the entire day together, and some of them even met the band afterwards. They said that Argentina is always a favorite place for them, than when Jay says that this is one of his favorite crowds in the world, he means it.
The videos in youtube are prove enough that there's a special energy here, there's not a single silence even in between songs.

As for the concert itself, like I said, Jay was very happy, smiling all the time, talking, imitating a guy that went on stage and security pulled out, he was also very pleased with the sound, he didn't speak to the control as much as some other times, you could hear every instrument and it wasn't loud, it was just right. And he was so pumped that they kept playing even if the song was over, -check the video of Canned Heat-.
Twenty Zero One, Use The Force, Runaway and Main Vein were favorites of mine, and Revolution 1993 was also very interesting.

If I may say, and sorry to all the Jamiroquai's purists out there, but I think the band is probably in the best possible shape. The music in the current set of songs sounds so good, the extended jams like in the old days, the transition between songs (there's a new intro before Canned Heat and the bridge between Main Vein and Revolution 1993), every single one of them is doing the best possible job, after all this years. They are perfecting themselves.
My only wish is that they could translate this live energy when they are in the studio recording a new album.
I didn't think it was possible for me to see a better concert than the one in 2011, but this might be it.

Setlist

Twenty Zero One
Alright
Use The Force
High Times
Little L
Canned Heat
Talullah
Runaway
Space Cowboy
Main Vein
Revolution 1993
Cosmic Girl
Love Foolosophy
Deeper Underground
White Knuckle Ride

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (213453 KB) is 1400 x 933 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

I'm the one on the left, front row with a green shirt

John Doggett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 01:36    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
Jamiroquai, 15 Feb 2013, Ferro, Buenos Aires Argentina.

My only wish is that they could translate this live energy when they are in the studio recording a new album.

100% agree. I'm happy to hear that Jay is on top form !
Good review, as usual, by the way ! Thanks !

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 03:34    Reply with quote

Nice review, pal!

Dye wrote:
...As for the concert itself, like I said, Jay was very happy, smiling all the time, talking, imitating a guy that went on stage and security pulled out, he was also very pleased with the sound, he didn't speak to the control as much as some other times...

I agree, Jay was so "fresh", so happy, in such a good mood... making jokes, busting some of his old moves and interacting with the audience a lot!
kinda reminded me of what I could see in the videos of their performance at the Jazz Cafe back in 2006.

That fact made the gig very special for me..

Quote:
Twenty Zero One
Alright
Use The Force
High Times
Little L
Canned Heat
Talullah
Runaway
Space Cowboy
Main Vein
Revolution 1993
Cosmic Girl
Love Foolosophy
Deeper Underground
White Knuckle Ride

and about the setlist:

The good:
I really enjoyed 2001, Use The force! (the verses on this one sounded exactly like the album version), Runaway (big surprise! unexpected, at least for me), Main Vein, Space cowboy, and Revolution (nice bridge from Main Vein, and it was cool to see one of the oldies back in the setlist).

The not so good:
To be honest, I've never been a big fan of Tallulah, it's a nice song, but I felt it was kinda "boring" compared to the rest of the setlist and those amazing versions. It's not because it's "quieter" tan the rest, or because of the new bossa nova feel they added to it, because I loved Corner of The Earth, when they played it back in 2011 for example. I just didn't enjoy it A LOT like the rest.
I like White Knuckle Ride, but I think I lacks the power to be the "last" song... I think Love Fool would be the perfect encore song.
oh! and I would simply remove Deeper Underground from the setlist Laughing Wink

But yeah, I was an amazing night! it was f*cking powerful!!! Very Happy

EDIT: I just realized I liked the same songs Dyego mentioned... that probably means those ones really sounded amazing.

thimilan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 00:41    Reply with quote

Buenos Aires - Amazing concert!
Hello guys!

First of all, I want to clarify that I'm from Porto Alegre, Brazil. I lived for 6 years in Argentina and all of my Jamiroquai live experiences were in Buenos Aires (2006, 2011 and 2013). In my opinion, it was the best concert I ever had! It was so emotional to hear they playing so great and with a lot of passion!

Yes, I agreed with every single comment. It was an amazing night and Jamiroquai just sounded perfect!

Argentina audience really has something special and the band feels that energy. Everybody knows that Brazil and Argentina have a big rivalry because Football. As a Brazilian, I would recommend all Jamiroquai fans to watch a concert in Buenos Aires. It's just a different feeling. I could not describe how I felt the entire concert! Sometimes, I almost cried, because the band was just sounding unbelieveble. Very Happy

I was really impressed with the band and how they sounded the entire concert. As Dye said: I didn't think this concert would be better than the last one in 2011. However, it was better! Very Happy

Claps for all the band and Jay (He was very happy and enjoying the night with the audience).

Here is some videos that I made:

Runaway (with a little jam at the final of the song).

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAAjcTFHzSw

Little L

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WpzpesWRVo

Talullah

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u2BW0wrfbI

Thanks Jamiroquai for this very special night Very Happy

russky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 16:25    Reply with quote

excellent reviews, much appreciated Very Happy

are their any 'quality' videos out there for this tour?

Javis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 17:04    Reply with quote

russky wrote:
excellent reviews, much appreciated Very Happy

are their any 'quality' videos out there for this tour?

there are many on youtube Wink

russky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 17:20    Reply with quote

quality though Question

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 18:01    Reply with quote

No, I'm afraid there are not soundboard quality videos or audios yet. The concert was gonna be broadcasted on the radio, but they didn't.

Javis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 18:45    Reply with quote

russky wrote:
quality though Question

Oh, I thought you meant "quality" instead of quality XD

well there is actually some videos that sounds pretty good for not being soundboard. check this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY0UOIgHeeQ

Javis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 19:02    Reply with quote

BTW, I was there too and I'd just like to add that I enjoyed much more this concert than the previous one (2011) simply because I wasn't at the 'Campo VIP' section (right in the front) .

I know much of you guys could disagree with me but let me explain my reasons.

I don't know how it's in other countries, but here in Argentina the croud gets very crazy at the front, jumps too much and sing a lot and very loud.

In 2011 I got very frustrated 'cause I couldn't hear Jay singing because of the guys next to me, and every time the croud started to jump someone would push me to send me to the back. It's really violent and some times girls (who usually are smaller than boys) can have a bad time because of the lack of air.

Knowing that, my GF and I went behind and I can say it's really another experience. People there is much more quiet and we had enough space to move, we danced all night and had a really great time.

I went back home much happier than my previous concert. Smile

mandalin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 03:24    Reply with quote

Whew it did sound and look like a good boogie. Very Happy

Javis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 13:49    Reply with quote

hwy guys take a look at the en of this video. WKR in Peru http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLfB0KqKwlU

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 15:48    Reply with quote

Wua! I'm so happy for you argentinian friends Very Happy
I'm really think that the next time i will go to your country to spend a nice concert with you (hope that you can receive me xd)
Everyday i´m more convinced about that Argentina is one of the best places to enjoy Jamiroquai
You are so lucky!
I cannot say the same about the concert here in Chile.. well for me was very good, i enjoyed it a lot, I always find my place in the crowd to dance all night long xD but trying to be more realistic the sound in Movistar Arena sucks ....... In 2011 the sound was really awfull, a lot of "couplings" (I don't know the exact translation of the word "acoples" to english) like 15 times! jay kay was very angry I remeber....
And this year the sound was better, like 3 "couplings" no more... but the sound was too loud and very diffuse, it was hard to hear each instrument by itself... :S but that did not stop my dance and happyness xd (just a little)
Jay was in a bad mood, too quiet, he said some things but nothing too nice... I think he was a little angry because of the sound, he changed the microphone like two times, and in one occasion He almost throws the microphone to the soundman Shocked I don't know if he was joking or not Confused
On the other hand I was in a different mood because in 2011 was my first gig and I was too much excited and I felt too nervous. Now in 2013 I was Calmed and relaxed, I heard everything different
The setlist was the same as in Argentina.
My favorites were Talullah, runaway and CannedH also DeeperU, and I really enjoyed WhiteKR cause it has a different ending Very Happy
The Chilean public was a bit silent and still like 2011, but i saw more people dancing, and in certain moments you could feel a special and great atmosphere
Now i know the rock dust light star tour is over... I feel a little disappointed the album IS GREAT is hard to me to understand that is not a big succes in terms of music... Rolling Eyes
Now I just waiting for the new album 5heartbeat
cheers! hope that we could get good quality bootlegs from talullah, runaway and the others with new arrangements Cool

Javis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 18:20    Reply with quote

just take a look at this Jay's dance at Argentina http://youtu.be/kRKaLIjoSCY?t=16m22s

XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: