jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Please support our australian musicians!! Sign the petition!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 09:19    Reply with quote

Please support our australian musicians!! Sign the petition!
A friend of mine, Leon Ernst, contacted me and asked me to support his petition. (Some might remember him from Ahaus - he was the drummer from Nude Continuum!)

Here is what he says:

Leon Ernst wrote:
A bandmate and I have put together an online petition and facebook page to help lobby our state Government to change liquor licensing regulation on licensed venues providing live entertainment.
It's a big problem here at the moment, as noise restriction levels have become so severe that it has become almost impossible for live bands to play. Some venues have stopped bands altogether or have shut down because they can't afford the fines or can't adhere to the strict laws.
We're still getting some gigs (I rely on them at the moment for my income) but we've lost a lot of gigs and venues, and have to play quiet (in some cases quieter than the crowd), which as you could imagine would be frustrating, and makes it difficult to engage a crowd.

I realise it doesn't effect you guys directly as it's an issue with our Government, but it does effect tourism greatly and if anyone from Jamirotalk visited Australia they would be disappointed with the state of our live music scene, so we had some international support I'm sure it would make a difference.

The link to the petition is
https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/qld-government-reform-noise-control-regulation-in-licensed-venues

Please help my friends, and sign the petition! good

Thanks,
Meike

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 13:51    Reply with quote

I signed already!! Yes, please help!! for the sake of these fabulous guys ...( lenny, ruwan bumpin' heart bumpin' heart bumpin' heart bumpin' heart ) and live entertainment in general!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: